Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oscar says PBF fight ISN'T happening(and still isnt giving up on Trinidad)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar says PBF fight ISN'T happening(and still isnt giving up on Trinidad)

I'm not a member of boxingtalk but apparently on the front page Oscar said he doesn't want to fight Floyd anymore because he no longer "feels" the fight.

I wonder what this does for Floyd's "retirement"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar says PBF fight ISN'T happening(and still isnt giving up on Trinidad)

DLH isn't "feeling" the Mayweather fight because he knows there is an excellent chance that he will be completely embarassed against him.

"Not feeling" = scared.

I don't know way he is chasing Trinidad so much...talk about someone "picking" their fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar says PBF fight ISN'T happening(and still isnt giving up on Trinidad)

Quote Originally Posted by dasamm

DLH isn't "feeling" the Mayweather fight because he knows there is an excellent chance that he will be completely embarassed against him.

"Not feeling" = scared.

I don't know way he is chasing Trinidad so much...talk about someone "picking" their fights.
    I agree with you here. Oscar's worried about his legacy. If he fights Floyd, he wont win. He will probably be embarrassed like you said. And you know he doesnt want to retire on an "L". He's lookin at Felix because he feels he could beat him and he's probably right. Plus theres that old score that needs to be settled between those two. That sucks though. I really wanted to see Delahoya fight Mayweather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar and Floyd are playing games.. its like chess... this is simply his counter move to Floyd's retirement statement. It keeps Oscar in control, he is definatley a little bit more experienced at the game then lil'Floyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Not feeling" = scared.

Who wants to chase someone around all night long and have the crowd be restless ? Not I . Now if Delahoya can negotiate the ring size , that might be alright. 18 foot ring baby . no more 24-26 foot track fields !
    Floyd is a great fighter. He has tremendous skills, and can fight when he has too . but you can't give the man a running lane , because Floyd would rather not take chances and get on the bicycle, especially if he perceives a threat. However if you shorten that ring about 8 feet, we could have a good solid fight ! his last performance did nothing for future Mayweather PPV events, especially with all the hype about how he was going to "Go to war with Baldo" , "Toe to toe action" he said =

"Not feeling" = not feeling it. I can understand that comment completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym

"Not feeling" = scared.

Who wants to chase someone around all night long and have the crowd be restless ? Not I . Now if Delahoya can negotiate the ring size , that might be alright. 18 foot ring baby . no more 24-26 foot track fields !
    Floyd is a great fighter. He has tremendous skills, and can fight when he has too . but you can't give the man a running lane , because Floyd would rather not take chances and get on the bicycle, especially if he perceives a threat. However if you shorten that ring about 8 feet, we could have a good solid fight ! his last performance did nothing for future Mayweather PPV events, especially with all the hype about how he was going to "Go to war with Baldo" , "Toe to toe action" he said =

"Not feeling" = not feeling it. I can understand that comment completely.
    Well, floyd typically doesnt do as much running as he did against baldomir. Look at his past 3: Judah, Mitchell, Gatti. TKO'd mitchell and gatti and mixed it up with Judah.

He did play it awfully safe against baldomir, but maybe that's cause Roger wasn't in his corner? I mean, he could have opened up a lot more, but he still put on a technically excellent performance.

Plus, ODLH *claimed* he didn't even see the fight, in which case he wouldn't be expecting to chase floyd around. I think he knows that he would be outclassed against PBF. However, I do HOPE this is just a little tango the two are doing. I would be really disappointed if this fight didn't happen. It's true that PBF needs DLH and Oscar doesn't need floyd. I really feel that is oscar is serious about not fighting floyd than it really is because he fears the likely embarrassment that would result in the fight. PBF can make anyone look bad and dlh knows it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Oscar saying he didn't see the fight is total BS but if he didn't he plans to and would already have a copy.

With only one fight before retirement it might all come down to juggling numbers for Oscar..

If he fights Tito he still gets a bite of the Mayweather cherry as promoter for Mosley v Mayweather but Tito wants 20mil..

If he fights Mayweather and Mosley doesn't he only gets revenue for one fight and how much is the self absorbed little sh1thead going to want?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He didn't even run that much against Baldomir... and If ODLH doesn't want to fight Mayweather because he moves around then he's a hypocrite because ODLH used movment against Trinidad to highest degree, and Mosley in some parts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    He didn't even run that much against Baldomir... and If ODLH doesn't want to fight Mayweather because he moves around then he's a hypocrite because ODLH used movment against Trinidad to highest degree, and Mosley in some parts...
    Floyd's movement in the ring would have no bearing on Oscar's decision what so ever. Oscar (over 5'10 and 73"reach) has good movement and a good jab himself just watch the 2nd Mosley fight and I believe Mosley was just as fast as Floyd (5'8 and 72"reach).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with you guys,Oscar is just pulling a ploy. He didn't see the fight? Give me a break! Like someone said,it's to counter Floyd nonsense "I'm retiring" ploy,he wants De La Hoya NOW.And again,not feeling means I know I won't be able to beat him,especially in a ring of that size! CC for the news Starr.

El Kabong Guest

I don't think ODH would be "completely humiliated".....Floyd cannot trade with him the way Mosley did because Floyd doesn't have Shane's chin!!!

I think Oscar just doesn't want to deal with the family drama

and if that is the case, Mosley should fight Floyd!!! Oscar should fight Margarito, Forrest, Spinks, Karmazin, or Winky Wright.....or rematch Felix Sturm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    I don't think ODH would be "completely humiliated".....Floyd cannot trade with him the way Mosley did because Floyd doesn't have Shane's chin!!!

and if that is the case, Mosley should fight Floyd!!! Oscar should fight Margarito, Forrest, Spinks, Karmazin, or Winky Wright.....or rematch Felix Sturm
    I totally disagree about the family drama! Totally! One minute Mayweather snr was saying he would not train Oscar,then he aid the situation had to be right etc etc. It's BS! If Oscar wants to fight Floyd,he'll fight him,no one is stopping him. I;d want to see Oscar Tito,the other fights on your list are unrealistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

How do you know he dosent have Shanes chin Oh yea!!!! Floyd hasnt been caught and has superior defense over Shane. Thats why

Why the Hell should Oscar fight Karmazin, Margarito who hasnt done shit do deserve Floyd let alone get in the ring with DLH or Shot Ass pathetic Forrest If and I mean If Quartey beats Winky to me thats the fight that needs to Happen DLH vs Quartey..Lord knows Ike deserves it and I think he gets looked over from great status..A Win against Dlh would put him in the Hall and in the conversation of greats of this time...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If there's someone out there who I think can beat Floyd its gotta be Oscar. I don't think it will be like many say here that Oscar will be totally dominated. Come on! Oscar is no journey man! Oscar has a sharp cutting jab, speed, KO power, etc. Plus, his hands don't get hurt like Floyd's . This fight, if it ever happens, will not be easy for both. Imagine all the money that can be done with this fight.

Come on Oscar and Floyd, GO FOR IT!

Chino

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar couldn't even beat Mosley (he lost to him twice), so why would he be able to beat PBF? Floyd's much younger, and still in his prime. I think Mosley has a better chance of beating him.

If I was Oscar, I'd rather fight an older shot fighter like Tito too.

Thread Information