Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What do you think your favorite Fighter should be P4P!!?? C'mon in :)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What do you think your favorite Fighter should be P4P!!?? C'mon in :)

Peter Manfedo is mine as we all know... I always root for my hometown boy. He sits in my mind, somewhere.... about 45.... Right now!... Give me some of yours!
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What do you think your favorite Fighter should be P4P!!?? C'mon in :)

Joel Casamayor. Number 7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What do you think your favorite Fighter should be P4P!!?? C'mon in :)

PBF #1
    Winky#2
    Hopkins#anywhere 5-8
    Toney#15-20
    RJJ#25-30(until beating top opposition in LHW with ease)
    Hatton#14
    Corrales#10-15
    Castillo#7-15
    Barrera#9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    PBF #1
    Winky#2
    Hopkins#anywhere 5-8
    Toney#15-20
    RJJ#25-30(until beating top opposition in LHW with ease)
    Hatton#14
    Corrales#10-15
    Castillo#7-15
    Barrera#9
    I have PAC 1
    Winkey 2
    PBF 3

But I like your list... cc
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mines Winky saw him first in the late 80s and have been impressed ever since. Never had it easy ,never a promoters dream what hes got hes worked for a real Pro.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arce (10-15)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

4-10 bhop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is something that I wrote on one of my online forums.

Tell me what you think. I already know that it does not consider the ‘corporate’ aspect of boxing…

Who’s the real P4P King

Floyd Mayweather has been hyped into the #1 spot.

In my opinion, he needs to win--and defend--a title in order to be considered great. They say he is great because he is undefeated and beat all of these high profile fighters. But was he fighting the best when he fought Gatti? NO! Was he fighting the best when he fought Baldomir? NO! Was he fighting the best when he fought Sharmba? NO! Now he say's he is fighting De La Hoya, but that is not the best... Oscar lost to Hopkins before Jermaine Taylor beat him, and Oscar beat a limited Mayorga for a title he should never have had the chance to fight for! (Kassim Ouma was more deserving of that title shot).

Let me say it like this: If Floyd is #1P4P and Winky is #2P4P, why is he fighting anyone else at JuMwt?

I know it is all about what you focus on in boxing, but at some point we have to make the distinction between what is good boxing and what is good marketing.... and I will end by saying just because you beat someone good does not automatically make you top 10 P4P (are you listening Maskaev? Briggs? Baldomir?)

My P4P tops are:

1. Winky Wright
    (everyone knows he already beat a BIGGER Taylor, and is still being avoided; he better bring it against Quartey).

2. Manny Pacquiao
    (he has been consistent and fighting higher echelon boxers than any other boxers. He is fast, talented, powerful, and makes for great brawls. I would really love to see him against Guzman).

3. PBF Mayweather
    (he finally stepped up to his first challenge, and hurt his hand in the process. He has to be thinking about that as he attempts to go up to 154. For me, if he wanted to be #1P4P, he needed to fight Margarito and defend his IBF crown so that he could have unified the division. He chose to avoid both, but still call himself 'king'. I give him credit because he has won in 4 weight classes over 10 years, but all time great He is NOT.)

4. Joe Calzaghe
    (Here is someone who made very careful choices throughout his career, never ducked his mandatories, is working toward a record number of defenses, beat the person everyone said would be him, and is still undefeated! He was once known for ducking the 'big' names, but now they won't respond to his calls! Kudos to Calzhaghe... he earned his ranking, and this is coming from the other side of the pond...)

5. James Toney
    (Say what you want, but he fought twice for the HW championship... and didn't lose. I think everyone saw that he outboxed Peter, but didn't have the power to hurt or stop him. That shouldn't prevent him from being declared the winner. The rest of his career speaks for itself. 80+ fights and only three people have beat him--one being Roy Jones, Jr. in his prime. Champ at MWT, SuMWt & beat an undefeated JIROV (damaged him, really) for the Cruiser belt. Who else even has a record like this (that is currently boxing?)
    Give him his credit, or be subject to the revisionist Gods...

Honorable mentions...

M. A. Barrera--he belongs on the list out of sheer longevity. He will not be on the list long after he fights Pacquiao...

Juan Manuel Marquez--too bad he couldn't fight Barerra when they were both at 126... He is the one who fought Pacquiao to a draw after three 1st Rd KD's. Without it, Pacquiao would have lost. Why no rematch? We know why...

Raphael Marquez--quintessential boxer. Why don't DLH's boxers fight him? We know why...

Jose Luis Castillo--warrior to no end, and the 'other' name in too many classic battles (Johnston, Lazcano, Mayweather, Corralles) and ALWAYS fights the best his weight has to offer. The only reason he is not in the top five--the overweight situation. He would have definitely beat Coralles in a rematch. Hope to see it at 140!!!

Israel Vasquez--his last fight says it all. The heart & will of a champion!

Ricky Hatton--chase the challenge, not the money, and you will make history! Going 'back' to 140 will not serve him... He will have to face Castillo at some point, and he loses that fight!

Up n coming...

Jorge Arce

Antonio Margarito

Paul Williams--yes I said it!!!

Mikkel Kessler

Jose A. Rivera--only real loss was to Collazo, who beat Hatton but lost on the cards.

Vic Darchinyan--the man who knows how to box with real 'bombing' power

Don’t belong on the list…

Sam Peter

Shannon Briggs—unless he unifies the division!

Bernard Hopkins—I thought he was retired…? How is he going to be on the list when he is inactive, but DLH is off the list even though he currently holds a belt?

Jermaine Taylor—pleeeeez. He is far from a P4P, and I suggest he will never be of that caliber.

Feedback welcome!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ArawakWarria

Tell me what you think. I already know that it does not consider the ‘corporate’ aspect of boxing…

Who’s the real P4P King

In my opinion, he needs to win--and defend--a title in order to be considered great. They say he is great because he is undefeated and beat all of these high profile fighters. But was he fighting the best when he fought Gatti? NO! Was he fighting the best when he fought Baldomir? NO! Was he fighting the best when he fought Sharmba? NO! Now he say's he is fighting De La Hoya, but that is not the best... Oscar lost to Hopkins before Jermaine Taylor beat him, and Oscar beat a limited Mayorga for a title he should never have had the chance to fight for! (Kassim Ouma was more deserving of that title shot).

Let me say it like this: If Floyd is #1P4P and Winky is #2P4P, why is he fighting anyone else at JuMwt?

I know it is all about what you focus on in boxing, but at some point we have to make the distinction between what is good boxing and what is good marketing.... and I will end by saying just because you beat someone good does not automatically make you top 10 P4P (are you listening Maskaev? Briggs? Baldomir?)

My P4P tops are:

1. Winky Wright
    (everyone knows he already beat a BIGGER Taylor, and is still being avoided; he better bring it against Quartey).

2. Manny Pacquiao
    (he has been consistent and fighting higher echelon boxers than any other boxers. He is fast, talented, powerful, and makes for great brawls. I would really love to see him against Guzman).

3. PBF Mayweather
    (he finally stepped up to his first challenge, and hurt his hand in the process. He has to be thinking about that as he attempts to go up to 154. For me, if he wanted to be #1P4P, he needed to fight Margarito and defend his IBF crown so that he could have unified the division. He chose to avoid both, but still call himself 'king'. I give him credit because he has won in 4 weight classes over 10 years, but all time great He is NOT.)

4. Joe Calzaghe
    (Here is someone who made very careful choices throughout his career, never ducked his mandatories, is working toward a record number of defenses, beat the person everyone said would be him, and is still undefeated! He was once known for ducking the 'big' names, but now they won't respond to his calls! Kudos to Calzhaghe... he earned his ranking, and this is coming from the other side of the pond...)

5. James Toney
    (Say what you want, but he fought twice for the HW championship... and didn't lose. I think everyone saw that he outboxed Peter, but didn't have the power to hurt or stop him. That shouldn't prevent him from being declared the winner. The rest of his career speaks for itself. 80+ fights and only three people have beat him--one being Roy Jones, Jr. in his prime. Champ at MWT, SuMWt & beat an undefeated JIROV (damaged him, really) for the Cruiser belt. Who else even has a record like this (that is currently boxing?)

Honorable mentions...

M. A. Barrera--he belongs on the list out of sheer longevity. He will not be on the list long after he fights Pacquiao...

Juan Manuel Marquez--too bad he couldn't fight Barerra when they were both at 126... He is the one who fought Pacquiao to a draw after three 1st Rd KD's. Without it, Pacquiao would have lost. Why no rematch? We know why...

Raphael Marquez--quintessential boxer. Why don't DLH's boxers fight him? We know why...

Jose Luis Castillo--warrior to no end, and the 'other' name in too many classic battles (Johnston, Lazcano, Mayweather, Corralles) and ALWAYS fights the best his weight has to offer. The only reason he is not in the top five--the overweight situation. He would have definitely beat Coralles in a rematch. Hope to see it at 140!!!

Ricky Hatton--chase the challenge, not the money, and you will make history! Going 'back' to 140 will not serve him... He will have to face Castillo at some point, and he loses that fight!

Up n coming...

Jorge Arce

Antonio Margarito

Mikkel Kessler

Jose A. Rivera--only real loss was to Collazo, who beat Hatton but lost on the cards.

Sam Peter

Bernard Hopkins—I thought he was retired…? How is he going to be on the list when he is inactive, but DLH is off the list even though he currently holds a belt?

Jermaine Taylor—pleeeeez. He is far from a P4P, and I suggest he will never be of that caliber.

Feedback welcome!!!
    Paul Williams? ? ? ?
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING....
    This is cruel joke aimed at Paul..... Funny but cruel..... Thanks for the laugh.....

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ArawakWarria

Who’s the real P4P King

My P4P tops are:

1. Winky Wright

2. Manny Pacquiao

3. PBF Mayweather

4. Joe Calzaghe

5. James Toney

Honorable mentions...

Up n coming...

Jorge Arce

Antonio Margarito

Mikkel Kessler

Sam Peter

Feedback welcome!!!
    Your list is garbage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito trinidad...
    somewhere between 13- 18...
    perhaps so before he fought winky?...
    still winky is probably a deserved 1 or 2 to be honest?! so i dont think that really changes tito's standing..
    Peace
    Immortal Technique

Thread Information