Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Deontay Wilder ACCEPTS Anthony Joshua terms with REMATCH CLAUSE for 2018 UK CLASH

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder ACCEPTS Anthony Joshua terms with REMATCH CLAUSE for 2018 UK CLASH

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    WILDER IS A DISGRACE.

Step up FFS.

He is planning to fight someone that AJ beats ages ago.

Regardless of who wins the fight..AJ is the A side with all the belts!

Wilder is a complete joke..just beat a 54 year old Cuban and ducked Whyte.
    Whilst AJ is taking on a drug cheat that Wilder was about to fight bedore he got caught and got knocked down by Price in his last fight.

I think AJ and Eddie got what they wanted all along which was not the unification fight until they make some more money at home. They bottled it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder ACCEPTS Anthony Joshua terms with REMATCH CLAUSE for 2018 UK CLASH

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    AJ makes tons of money no matter what he does. He has a whole country backing him and calling him the real champ so he doesn’t need the Wilder fight. AJ has a ton to lose. It just bothers me that these stupid cash cows with the benefit of their country’s fans get all of the power of negotiation.

.....annnnnd...... I think we all know who the King of Stupid Cash Cows is. (Hint: He ate tainted ones of his own kind.)

I think AJ's legions of fans would probably not be as forgiving of AJ if he consistently ducked opponents and then got caught cheating.

Another thing in AJ's favor is he has no weight finagling issues to worry about.
    AJ is basically like Canelo but just not as crooked. Canelo is an obvious cheat and gets gift decisions. AJ hasn’t had to do any of that yet.

The optimistic (or naive) side of me thinks AJ's fans would turn away if AJ came within sniffing distance of what Ginger gets away with. Dunno..... maybe I'm wrong.
    Maybe. I mean, Mexican fans don’t seem to care what their fighters do. I know tons of Mexicans still supported Margarito after the glove incident. I would hope British fans are a bit more level headed and turn on a cheater. I mean, I feel like Brits should be hating on AJ after this whole thing for ducking Wilder. We will see though...

Exactly (on the first part you said). But my point is Joshua is nowhere near Ginger and/or Margacheato territory. True.... I'd expect some impatience from fans for not grabbing a fight with Wilder right now (if he really wants to unify), but you can't put this in the same stratosphere as the other transgressions mentioned. Now if this perceived ducking turned into a constant thing..... I would expect some real anger from the UK fans. I think the reason AJ probably gets a free pass right now is that he ended a LONG drought of British HW champions in what let's face it, is boxing's glamour division. He shouldn't waste that goodwill.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From what I'm reading from Wilder's side Joshua just wanted all the advantages. Fight in Britain, pick the judges and ref, the rematch clause/contract written the way they want it. Well so what. Joshua is the lineal champ. He's the attraction. He's just asking for what generations of American fighters have had handed to them for years as a matter of course with nobody complaining. Fights in America, not just three American judges but three Vegas judges normally, American (Vegas) ref and so on. Wilder can keep fighting for million dollar purses and Joshua can keep filling stadiums and making tens of millions a fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    From what I'm reading from Wilder's side Joshua just wanted all the advantages. Fight in Britain, pick the judges and ref, the rematch clause/contract written the way they want it. Well so what. Joshua is the lineal champ. He's the attraction. He's just asking for what generations of American fighters have had handed to them for years as a matter of course with nobody complaining. Fights in America, not just three American judges but three Vegas judges normally, American (Vegas) ref and so on. Wilder can keep fighting for million dollar purses and Joshua can keep filling stadiums and making tens of millions a fight.
    yeah only person missing out is wilder

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    WILDER IS A DISGRACE.

Step up FFS.

Whilst AJ is taking on a drug cheat that Wilder was about to fight bedore he got caught and got knocked down by Price in his last fight.

I think AJ and Eddie got what they wanted all along which was not the unification fight until they make some more money at home. They bottled it.
    Who has fought the tougher opposition in the shortest amount of time..AJ.

Whether you like AJ or not..he is the A side and it’s down to Wilder to step up to the plate.

I still think a fit healthy Fury will outbox them both if his chin holds out.

Fury won’t be ready until 2020..AJ is the one with x3 of the belts..Wilder is a disgrace if he fails to make this fight.

Whyte would fight anyone..

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s insane that anybody is justifying AJ. Sure, I can buy the fact that he could get some advantages, but it’s pretty clear that they were pushing everything to a point to where Wilder wouldn’t sign the contract because he was at too much of a disadvantage. Then Hearn can say “we gave him the contract and he refused to sign it so we will fight somebody else.”

Very obvious duck.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WILDER IS A DISGRACE.

Step up FFS.

Who has fought the tougher opposition in the shortest amount of time..AJ.

Whether you like AJ or not..he is the A side and it’s down to Wilder to step up to the plate.

I still think a fit healthy Fury will outbox them both if his chin holds out.

Fury won’t be ready until 2020..AJ is the one with x3 of the belts..Wilder is a disgrace if he fails to make this fight.

Whyte would fight anyone..
    Wilder accepted and gave a lot of ground. Eddie never wanted it this year, he wants more easy pay days before risking his golden goose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If wilder does'nt fight AJ then who does he fight? he will be fighting guys AJ has already beaten.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    If wilder does'nt fight AJ then who does he fight? he will be fighting guys AJ has already beaten.
    His mandatory is someone AJ has beaten but so is AJ's if the drug cheat Povetkin did not get caught.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His mandatory is someone AJ has beaten but so is AJ's if the drug cheat Povetkin did not get caught.
    The wilder/povetkin was a real 50/50 fight, shame it didnt happen.

I believe wilder will lose the title soon, then he will be irrelevant.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree but Wilder was ready and on the plane to go and fight. He also took on a dangerous and motivated Cuban challenger. It is clear AJ and Eddie didn't want the fight this year. That is now obvious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree but Wilder was ready and on the plane to go and fight. He also took on a dangerous and motivated Cuban challenger. It is clear AJ and Eddie didn't want the fight this year. That is now obvious.
    I think more likely eddie didnt want it, I think AJ does

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

also u could say Wilder was afraid of whyte

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is to save AJ reputation and image. I am sure AJ instructs Eddie what are his requirements and is happy with the fight not happening this year.

Thread Information