Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things I took away from tonight's fight.....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Things I took away from tonight's fight.....

Floyd v anyone who is not a middleweight is not an interesting fight at the moment.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I don't think losing to the greatest fighter of this generation (and one the best fighters of all time) when you're 23 and still learning constitutes being "exposed". Why are we ready to throw Canelo under the bus? He lost to Floyd Mayweather. Everyone Mayweather has ever fought has lost to Floyd Mayweather.

There's a lot of "moving parts" to Floyd's style, it's not as simple as the keyboard tacticians would like to think. It's not a matter of "ohh move forward and throw punches". I think it was unreasonable to expect Canelo to be able to solve that kind of puzzle at this stage in his career.

He shouldn't have been there in the first place.
    That much is clear.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jay Nady, who I thought was a decent referee, was terrible last night. I can't remember when a referee tried harder to influence the outcome of a fight. In my opinion, he lost the fight for Ishe Smith, due to backlash against his constant harping about Molina's every move. I hope Nady will look at a replay because he does have a great Marine salute, plus I don't want to believe he is corrupt.

Canelo and his people were smart to turn down a fight with Floyd when he was 19, he wasn't ready then and he was not ready last night. Floyd has not slowed down at all. Almost everything they say about Floyd's ability as a fighter is true. Canelo is honest, he only offered one excuse and it was the truth.

Adrien Broner pisses me off faster than anyone. He reminds me of a clown who is not funny, every time he opens his mouth I grind my teeth.

Danny Garcia is the man, with a chin to match. Wow! That was a terrific fight and great performance by both fighters. Lucas Matthysse has nothing to be ashamed of, his chin is rock solid too. Danny's chin, hand speed, combinations and positioning were the deciding factors in the fight.

I didn't learn this last night but I'd like to give my opinion anyway, the Card girls don't get enough attention and they allow too many people in the ring, which makes the Card girls harder to see.

It being the US, the judging was was a combination of good, bad and very ugly. Nothing new learned there either.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is not worth the money he is paid.
    Floyd will not knock out anyone who has not got his hands up.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a good learning thing for Alvarez. I think he becomes a better fighter because of it.
    I'm not sure why they tried to box with Floyd but that seemed to be the plan.
    The kid has a bright future regardless of last night.
    He got beat by the best fighter on the planet. No shame in that.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why everyone is saying this fight was a blowout. Remember, it was a split decision.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I don't know why everyone is saying this fight was a blowout. Remember, it was a split decision.

It was an MD because some post menopausal dim wit scored it 114/114. The 117/111 and 116/112 were in touch with reality.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah, I was just making an unfunny joke

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    yeah, I was just making an unfunny joke

Lol we need a sarcasm icon because I realized that after I responded.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    isn't it time you left the Mexican - Puerto Rico thing alone and just judged on boxing alone you fucking idiot.

You poor guy, if you let that comment bother you then you must be either Mexican or weak minded or both, which is it.

Don't feel to bad, Alvarez needed a boxing lesson and he certainly got it, (EASY WORK FOR FLOYD) who knows he may even be better for it, I kinda doubt it though. He better stay at Jr Middle though, if he moves up they better give him some powder puffs before he steps in against a real fighter and gets stomped again.

Floyd Sr said Alvarez would be like a sparring partner, he was right. Alvarez sparring partners are getting knocked out and hurt in training, who the hell was he sparring against. Floyd isn't a f*cking sparring partner, he's a f*cking fighter, believe it now.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by stebs View Post
    isn't it time you left the Mexican - Puerto Rico thing alone and just judged on boxing alone you fucking idiot.

You poor guy, if you let that comment bother you then you must be either Mexican or weak minded or both, which is it.

Don't feel to bad, Alvarez needed a boxing lesson and he certainly got it, (EASY WORK FOR FLOYD) who knows he may even be better for it, I kinda doubt it though. He better stay at Jr Middle though, if he moves up they better give him some powder puffs before he steps in against a real fighter and gets stomped again.

Floyd Sr said Alvarez would be like a sparring partner, he was right. Alvarez sparring partners are getting knocked out and hurt in training, who the hell was he sparring against. Floyd isn't a f*cking sparring partner, he's a f*cking fighter, believe it now.
    Do you know what taking things out of context means? And here you go shitting on Alvarez. If you are going to do that then quit making such a big deal over a win that was a forgone conclusion. Al does not need me defending him but his initial remarks are based on what I gather to be a long running feud on this forum. If you cant say anything constructive outside of personal attacks then dont say anything. And you tossing Alvarez under the bus because he lost one fight to the best fighter in the world says more then I ever could.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stebs View Post

Do you know what taking things out of context means? And here you go shitting on Alvarez. If you are going to do that then quit making such a big deal over a win that was a forgone conclusion. Al does not need me defending him but his initial remarks are based on what I gather to be a long running feud on this forum. If you cant say anything constructive outside of personal attacks then dont say anything. And you tossing Alvarez under the bus because he lost one fight to the best fighter in the world says more then I ever could.

Then why you speaking for him, mind your business and don't speak for others. Just for your information, I threw Alvarez under the bus long before he was beat. Do you think the first post had any racial hatred in it. I certainly don't, a Mexican fan is just that and I'm sure their coming up with excuses and I'm sure they're hurting because Alvarez lost.

Maybe he should have left butt hurt out of it, who am I to say though.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is why they fight the fights, to take away the speculation and stick to real world. I'm not going to say he didn't "belong" in the ring with Floyd or that him being stripped down to the frame in the biggest fight of his life makes him an talentless case. I can't stand Floyd at all, and I do think Canelo has benefited from close ties and early padding, but getting shut down and outclassed by arguably the best to come along in a generation..jesus I cannot believe I'm saying that ...is not a career death sentence. I did think Canelo and camp HAD to have something up their sleeve and method to the madness after the Trout fight knowing he was going into Mayweather. Trout is a swap meet Double AA ball version of a Mayweather-ish style and it was insane and a waste not to kick in the door and practice an attack rather than think he could turn defense wiz and box with Floyd. THAT blew my f'n mind.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I don't think losing to the greatest fighter of this generation (and one the best fighters of all time) when you're 23 and still learning constitutes being "exposed". Why are we ready to throw Canelo under the bus? He lost to Floyd Mayweather. Everyone Mayweather has ever fought has lost to Floyd Mayweather.

There's a lot of "moving parts" to Floyd's style, it's not as simple as the keyboard tacticians would like to think. It's not a matter of "ohh move forward and throw punches". I think it was unreasonable to expect Canelo to be able to solve that kind of puzzle at this stage in his career.

That much is clear.
    Who should have been there then? And don't say Martinez, who is both well on his way to being shot and fights two weight divisions above Mayweather.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    That much is clear.
    In hindsight we can say that, sure. I didn't hear anybody calling it a gross mismatch beforehand, though.

Thread Information