Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default A question about Manfredo Jr to my fellow forum members

I was thinking about this the last time I was reading something regarding this farce Calzaghe calls a "title defense"... I myself think that Manfredo has one of the worst chances I've seen in a fight in a while yet I think he could make it a decent fight to watch and hope he doesn't get embarassed as I like him alot...

We always do these hypotheticals on here and I wanted to pose one... Lets say the unthinkable happened and Calzaghe lost this fight... What would all of you have to say about Manfredo after that... I know I would be stunned as much as I would be rooting for him!(I know...I know, Violent Demise... You think he's garbage... We got it!) I think it would be one of the greatest upsets in a very, very long time...

I think the Post would read
    ***"Manfredo does the impossible... Dethrones the "unbeatable"!!!***
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A question about Manfredo Jr to my fellow forum members

Lets say it does happen then I think we will say Peter is that Damn GGGOO..

Nah it will never happen HAHA!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's not garbage for this fight. He's been promoted to club fighter status. And he has my support 100% for this fight. I want Manfredo to win. I want Manfredo to knock out Calzcrappy's coward ass. I want it to be a first round knock out, too. Will it happen? I seriously doubt it. But I'm hoping it does. For this fight, Pride. We homies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whatever happens I want it to be a fast statement fight for either of these guys... The pressures on for both of these guys.. Peter as a Contender sideshow and Joe handpicking a Hollywood 20th title defense, as much as I have come to be a fan of Calzaghe's skill I want to see his opponent handpicking ass humbled, if he was gone lose I would rather have seen it against Kessler or RJJ or Nard, not Peter Manfredo jr

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe unbeatable? No way. Far from it. But that's an issue for another day.

Anyways, Manfredo doesn't really have an advantage over Calzaghe. I mean he's basically a homeless man's Joe Calzaghe. Fast, busy, agressive, bad defense with not much power. There is a lot more to it but that's about jist of it right? So for Manfredo to beat Calzaghe he would have to be....better. And better he is not. Although, Manfredo hasn't looked terrible at 168. But he's not Calzaghe.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Whatever happens I want it to be a fast statement fight for either of these guys... The pressures on for both of these guys.. Peter as a Contender sideshow and Joe handpicking a Hollywood 20th title defense, as much as I have come to be a fan of Calzaghe's skill I want to see his opponent handpicking ass humbled, if he was gone lose I would rather have seen it against Kessler or RJJ or Nard, not Peter Manfredo jr
    Nah, nah. I would been even sweeter if it happened against Manfredo. It'll show just how overrated Joe always was. GO PETER!!!!!!!!!! (think I'm going to be sick)

SigmaMu Guest

I am so torn about this fight.
    On the one hand I want Calzaghe to win so he can keep his reign alive and get that 20th title defense for bragging rights.
    On the other hand, I want Manfredo Jr. to win because it is such a huge cinderella story if he does.

We have the Pride of Wales vs the Pride of Providence
    on the same token we have the Italian Dragon vs the Italian Warrior
    Both have their fathers working their corner. I like this scenario and how it looks and sounds on paper.

I must be crazy for wanting Peter to win too but that's just me. I would love to see him pull off this upset. I would not be able to handle his cockiness after the fact or the taunting of his fans, but oh well.

I have watched almost every Calzaghe fight there is and he is a total enigma.
    His style is not pretty but he is so unpredictable and from one fight to the next it is like watching a totally different fighter.
    I know Calzaghe has a tough beard. I don't know much of Peter but his beard looks solid from what I have seen (again ain't seen much of the kid to make an honest assessment)
    I know Peter has a hard head and if he is lucky, Calzaghe just might break or injure one of his brittle hands in the process of striking Peter's noggin, and this would totally change the fight.
    Peter looked terrible against Sergio. Actually he looked terrible against everyone on that show of the Contender.
    He says it was his weight and that is a valid excuse.
    At 168 and after the show he has fought no one but basicly destroyed these two nobodys and that is what he should have done so credit him for that. To bad he did not get a couple more tuneup fights before going in against Calzaghe.
    Peter had trouble with Sergio's style and that has to worry Peter because Joe Calzaghe comes from left field and does all kinds of crazy shiet that just might confuse the hell out of Peter. Joe Calzaghe is like a Sergio Mora on roids. He flurries, he switches, gives angles. I think Joe C will just be too much for Peter. He has that huge crowd to deal with in that stadium (Talk about pressure) I feel Peter is way in over his head but his little experience on the show should help him a little.

Peter can not win by decision not in Cardiff. He needs a knock out early. If I am not mistaken, only one person has ever dropped Joe Calzaghe and that was Byron Mitchell and we seen what happend to Byron right after that knock down.
    You have to wonder if Peter can even go 12 with Joe C. Does Peter even have the stamina?
    He has not gone 12 rounds since 2004.
    Again the only way Peter can win is to go for broke and try to take Calzaghe out early or else Peter will drown in the deeper water.

I hope to God that he does better than Jeff Lacy did and I think he will.
    He has put all of his faith in Freddie Roach and we will have to see just how good Freddie Roach is at cracking Calzaghe riddle. It's a tough one to crack.

What do I think will happen in this fight?

I say Peter gets knocked out in the 8th if not sooner.

Out.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    I am so torn about this fight.
    On the one hand I want Calzaghe to win so he can keep his reign alive and get that 20th title defense for bragging rights.
    On the other hand, I want Manfredo Jr. to win because it is such a huge cinderella story if he does.

We have the Pride of Wales vs the Pride of Providence
    on the same token we have the Italian Dragon vs the Italian Warrior
    Both have their fathers working their corner. I like this scenario and how it looks and sounds on paper.

I must be crazy for wanting Peter to win too but that's just me. I would love to see him pull off this upset. I would not be able to handle his cockiness after the fact or the taunting of his fans, but oh well.

I have watched almost every Calzaghe fight there is and he is a total enigma.
    His style is not pretty but he is so unpredictable and from one fight to the next it is like watching a totally different fighter.
    I know Calzaghe has a tough beard. I don't know much of Peter but his beard looks solid from what I have seen (again ain't seen much of the kid to make an honest assessment)
    I know Peter has a hard head and if he is lucky, Calzaghe just might break or injure one of his brittle hands in the process of striking Peter's noggin, and this would totally change the fight.
    Peter looked terrible against Sergio. Actually he looked terrible against everyone on that show of the Contender.
    He says it was his weight and that is a valid excuse.
    At 168 and after the show he has fought no one but basicly destroyed these two nobodys and that is what he should have done so credit him for that. To bad he did not get a couple more tuneup fights before going in against Calzaghe.
    Peter had trouble with Sergio's style and that has to worry Peter because Joe Calzaghe comes from left field and does all kinds of crazy shiet that just might confuse the hell out of Peter. Joe Calzaghe is like a Sergio Mora on roids. He flurries, he switches, gives angles. I think Joe C will just be too much for Peter. He has that huge crowd to deal with in that stadium (Talk about pressure) I feel Peter is way in over his head but his little experience on the show should help him a little.

Peter can not win by decision not in Cardiff. He needs a knock out early. If I am not mistaken, only one person has ever dropped Joe Calzaghe and that was Byron Mitchell and we seen what happend to Byron right after that knock down.
    You have to wonder if Peter can even go 12 with Joe C. Does Peter even have the stamina?
    He has not gone 12 rounds since 2004.
    Again the only way Peter can win is to go for broke and try to take Calzaghe out early or else Peter will drown in the deeper water.

I hope to God that he does better than Jeff Lacy did and I think he will.
    He has put all of his faith in Freddie Roach and we will have to see just how good Freddie Roach is at cracking Calzaghe riddle. It's a tough one to crack.

What do I think will happen in this fight?

I say Peter gets knocked out in the 8th if not sooner.

Out.
    Bragging rights? His reign is a joke. For the millionth time, the WBO is crap. It shouldn't even matter. And Mitchell is not the only fight to drop Calzaghe. "Garbage fighter of the month" club member Kabary Salem also floored his ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler is the fight that Calzaghe needs to cement his legacy. Too bad he`s need balls to step up in competition, and Calzaghe is unfortunately missing two.
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope peter pulls off the upset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i hope Fan Man's son comes flying in and knocks them both out.

To be honest, IT would all depend on how he wins....
    If he just plain outboxed calzaghe, then everyone would have to say, wow, peter manfredo is better than joe C. Point blank,
    but if joe C is outboxing him for 8 rounds or so, and joe trips over a crushed drink cup that was thrown into the ring and lands right on manfredo's glove, then we are left with more questions than before.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    Alot of peole will be hoping that burt how do you see it happening ? The first time we saw Peter in the comp he was beaten in the opening fight by Gomez . Then he was beaten by Mora. Then after failing to get revenge in the rematch , I just cant see how he goes from there to beating boxings longest reigning undefeated champ .

Peter does have afew things going for him . He is guna give it his all and has that typical all action American style. I expect his gameplan to be get up close unload shots in flurries and smother Joes work . . Jeff Lacy probably had the same idea and look how he ended up . But he was an established world champ . Peter is just a runner up on a reality TV show . What I think will happen is this fight will be over with all too quickly . Peter will be completely out of his depth and walk straight into the fast hands of Joe . Marked up and out on his feet ,the fight will be stopped in Joes favour and " farce " will be how the fight will be described .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME
    Alot of peole will be hoping that burt how do you see it happening ? The first time we saw Peter in the comp he was beaten in the opening fight by Gomez . Then he was beaten by Mora. Then after failing to get revenge in the rematch , I just cant see how he goes from there to beating boxings longest reigning undefeated champ .

Peter does have afew things going for him . He is guna give it his all and has that typical all action American style. I expect his gameplan to be get up close unload shots in flurries and smother Joes work . . Jeff Lacy probably had the same idea and look how he ended up . But he was an established world champ . Peter is just a runner up on a reality TV show . What I think will happen is this fight will be over with all too quickly . Peter will be completely out of his depth and walk straight into the fast hands of Joe . Marked up and out on his feet ,the fight will be stopped in Joes favour and " farce " will be how the fight will be described .
    Peter was world ranked prior to the contender and the stories came around that changing trainers and from 10 rounders to 5 rounders so quickly messed him up. If you belong in the world ranks, you should be able to handle mediocre fighters regardless of the number of rounds. That being said, Peter has some power and can take some shots. I picked peter to win the thing and he finished 2nd. i picked the forbes guy to win the whole thing and he finished second so i will bet anyone i know who will lose in the season 3 finale . All joking aside, I thought he beat mora in the rematch but it wasn't the first decision the judges botched that night. There's a lot worse he could do for a title defense. I'm a fan of peter's but im not sure he's up to the task of fighting for a belt just yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME

Agreed, in the endI see a similiar type of stoppage in Joe's favor.... Joe can probably beat any onein the division, but he refuses to put putforth the effort and is content with being the king of the "B" level comp, and its a damn shame since the boy has all the tools

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's how the heroes odds are (all who have said they will step-up in competition)

Junior Witter = -2000 = 1/20
    Arturo Morua = +800 = 8/1

Ricky Hatton = -1000 = 1/10
    Juan Urango = +600 = 6/1

Joe Calzaghe = -2000 = 1/20
    Peter Manfredo Jr. = +1000 = 10/1

These are not my odds, these are from vegas.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Thread Information