Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Teach me how to use Sopcast!

Ok guys, I have a very important favor for those of you who understand technology.

I have to work the night of October 6th. So, I'm going to be stuck at my desk during the Pac-MAB ppv and the Peter-Maskaev fight on Showtime.

Now, do you think I'm actually going to do work that night?? Hell no.
    Do you think I'm going to let work prevent me from watching these fights? Hell no.

I'm under the impression that Sopcast is the best way to watch fights online. If it's not, tell me which way is better. If Sopcast is the best, teach me how to install it and use it. I don't mind paying money to watch this stuff, if it happens to be free then that's even better, but not that big of a deal.

I'm pretty stupid when it comes to computer stuff, so explain the steps to me like I'm a 5 year old. I'll be using your standard Dell PC at work with Windows and a high-speed network connection.

The reason I'm posting this weeks in advance is because I want to be able to do all the steps and test it out beforehand to make sure I know what to do on October 6th.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Teach me how to use Sopcast!

Save yourself the trouble and just call in sick.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Ok guys, I have a very important favor for those of you who understand technology.

I have to work the night of October 6th. So, I'm going to be stuck at my desk during the Pac-MAB ppv and the Peter-Maskaev fight on Showtime.

Now, do you think I'm actually going to do work that night?? Hell no.
    Do you think I'm going to let work prevent me from watching these fights? Hell no.

I'm under the impression that Sopcast is the best way to watch fights online. If it's not, tell me which way is better. If Sopcast is the best, teach me how to install it and use it. I don't mind paying money to watch this stuff, if it happens to be free then that's even better, but not that big of a deal.

I'm pretty stupid when it comes to computer stuff, so explain the steps to me like I'm a 5 year old. I'll be using your standard Dell PC at work with Windows and a high-speed network connection.

The reason I'm posting this weeks in advance is because I want to be able to do all the steps and test it out beforehand to make sure I know what to do on October 6th.
    ill PM you

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Setting it up is pretty easy, find the right channel is the tricky part. I dont even know if those will be on sopcast.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is it the sam peter fight?

cuz i would think that would be available, tho im not sure

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i sent u a pm btw

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Sweetpea, i need to learn the same thing

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    CC Sweetpea, i need to learn the same thing
    now that the post is here...

download sopcast (search for the thing, it should be the first result)

click on the desktop icon

click on login (leave the name as it is, anonymous)

there is an address bar on the top, and a green arrow to the right of that, you will enter the address of streams in this address bar and then click the green arrow (the streams must be found)

when you click the arrow a small video window will open, and at the bottom will be a green bar that starts to rise, this is the pre-buffer and it will get to about 97(usually) before the stream starts, this keeps it from ever lagging

it will usually lag for like the first 30 seconds but after that it will run fine

---

there are also channels that can be accessed by clicking the channels tab, but these will rarely, if ever, carry fights live

there is one useful one there tho, CCTV5, it will air most big PPVs anywhere between 1-3 hours after the event ends

---

on the video window there are a few buttons

on the top there are a square, and a magnifying glass

the magnifying glass will make the video player twice as big, clicking it again will undo this

the square will hide the other pannel, the one with the green arrow, AND make the sopcast video screen take precedent over all other windows, which means you can switch between multiple windows and not have to bring the sopcast to the front each time to keep watching it (try it and youll see what i mean, i dont know how to explain it any better) its called topmost

clicking it again will undo this

on the bottom there is a play button, a volume button, circular arrows, FS, and two square looking things

click the volume thing and a volume control comes up

the arrows are used to refresh the stream (it will require pre-buffering again)

the FS is full screen, to undo it double click the screen

the last button opens the stream in an external player

---

the other buttons on top

i think one records, one closes the video window, and i think one favorites the channel or something but i really dont know wtf that one does

---

if you want streams...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Sal, man u have no idea how valuable this will be to me. Il CC u agin in 24

SigmaMu Guest

You get a bar of soap and you get a fishing reel and you start casting away.

Have fun.

Thread Information