Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

just heard the fights off

another big neg for the sport

and they wonder why interest is in decline
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah it's a real blow for Khan, who is he going to fight now though? It will be interesting to see.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

It's only off because Golden Boy put it off (rightfully so). They have yet to have a hearing for Peterson and didn't want to risk cancelling the card at the last minute in case he was found guilty.

A smart business decision by Oscar, nothing to do with Peterson being guilty. (yet)

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Yeah it's a real blow for Khan, who is he going to fight now though? It will be interesting to see.
    Breidis Prescott i said on the 1st page i still think Prescott beats him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    What exactly do you think that will prove?

Khan has FAR surpassed ANYTHING Prescott has or will ever achieve. He is clearly a far superior fighter. If Prescott got lucky again all it would show is Prescott has his number. Then Khan would comeback AGAIN beating other world-class fighters, while Prescott would carry on losing to B/C/D-level fighters.

It's the most pointless rematch EVER. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure what i think. With khan being such a whiney lil girl spewing such ridiculous bs all the time it's hard to know what to think. I don't think peterson was "cheating" so to say but he did fail to make those necessary aware of what he was taking and why so he is definatly initially at fault. But khan and his camp sure are quick to want to scrap the fight and push to have the belts given to him instead of fighting for them. Either way here's a link to a podcast that sure makes a whole lot of sense. Peterson physician Dr Thompson and Barry Hunter set the record straight
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Not sure what i think. With khan being such a whiney lil girl spewing such ridiculous bs all the time it's hard to know what to think. I don't think peterson was "cheating" so to say but he did fail to make those necessary aware of what he was taking and why so he is definatly initially at fault. But khan and his camp sure are quick to want to scrap the fight and push to have the belts given to him instead of fighting for them. Either way here's a link to a podcast that sure makes a whole lot of sense. Peterson physician Dr Thompson and Barry Hunter set the record straight
    i was about to post a link about that too
    http://http://www.fightsaga.com/news...rson-II-is-Off
    He wasn't cheating it for a health issue. yet he should have told people about it.
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guilty or not... the timing was horrible. Could this have waited until after the fight? Or been done WAY before the fight? Just wondering. Not a Khan fan or anything, but I can hardly blame him or his people for whatever comes out of their mouths... just based on the sheer frustration.

And for boxing... well, it hardly needs any more black eyes. Thank God for Cotto-Mayweather, and here's hoping Pacquiao-Bradley comes off without a hitch.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    I don't buy any of that. If that's the case, why weren't they transparent about Peterson taking it. If it is slow-releasing, why did Peterson fail the drug test? Peterson cheated by using a banned substance. It's plainly clear. This situation screams shady business.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

It's only off because Golden Boy put it off (rightfully so). They have yet to have a hearing for Peterson and didn't want to risk cancelling the card at the last minute in case he was found guilty.

A smart business decision by Oscar, nothing to do with Peterson being guilty. (yet)

yes but thats my point - its OFF !
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alt - explain this to me, even if he had low testasterone to begin with, (1) are athletes permitted under VADA or the Nevada Commission to supplement their natural testosterone with more testosterone? (2) Isn't it pretty cut and dry if the amount of artificial testosterone put into a body is sufficient enough to move the level of testosterone beyond a certain level, leading to failing a drug test? Let's say a normal amount of testosterone in a human is 1, and Peterson was at .7, if he only boosted to 1, under the normal tests, he wouldn't have failed the test, but if he boosted to more than 1, he fails the test. So, he took an unfair amount of testosterone because he failed the test. If it was his doctor's fault or his trainer's, is somewhat irrelevant, at the end of the day, he's getting in the ring, and it is his responsibility. Right? I am in no way an expert and just trying to understand it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Alt - explain this to me, even if he had low testasterone to begin with, (1) are athletes permitted under VADA or the Nevada Commission to supplement their natural testosterone with more testosterone? (2) Isn't it pretty cut and dry if the amount of artificial testosterone put into a body is sufficient enough to move the level of testosterone beyond a certain level, leading to failing a drug test? Let's say a normal amount of testosterone in a human is 1, and Peterson was at .7, if he only boosted to 1, under the normal tests, he wouldn't have failed the test, but if he boosted to more than 1, he fails the test. So, he took an unfair amount of testosterone because he failed the test. If it was his doctor's fault or his trainer's, is somewhat irrelevant, at the end of the day, he's getting in the ring, and it is his responsibility. Right? I am in no way an expert and just trying to understand it.
    can someone educate me, low level of testosterone? Lamont looked muscular
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    What exactly do you think that will prove?

Khan has FAR surpassed ANYTHING Prescott has or will ever achieve. He is clearly a far superior fighter. If Prescott got lucky again all it would show is Prescott has his number. Then Khan would comeback AGAIN beating other world-class fighters, while Prescott would carry on losing to B/C/D-level fighters.

It's the most pointless rematch EVER. Fact.
    Not really pointless or lucky when he knocked out Khan in 60 seconds, people underrate Prescott he legitmately beat Abril who schooled Rios not long ago. He has lost a few fights but i still think Khan should try and put the record straight, i still think Prescott is the favourite.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    can someone educate me, low level of testosterone? Lamont looked muscular
    Pavlik, that's one function of testosterone. To support muscle growth but by no means does it mean that somebody muscular has high testosterone. So many other hormones and factors come in to play.

Rant, yeah that's pretty much it. I'm no expert on the testing but I do believe the old tests allowed you to have as high a testosterone as you wanted as long as your ratio was even (test : epitest) - in fact I still believe the shitty Nevada tests are like this.

Wada/Vada are much more comprehensive.
    Also, yes I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to supplement with testosterone if it kept your levels within range.

Finally, how can it be his fault if he is not administering the medical dosage himself? The doctors could totally be lying but nobody will question the integrity (ha!) of a doctor.

Again, if he was trying to cheat, pellets are a ridiculous option. Nothing in this whole situation leads me to believe Peterson tried to cheat unless he has the IQ of a wombat. 1) Admitting to doing it BEFORE the first fight 2) taking pellets and 3) pushing for tests if he knew he wanted to cheat.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is an article I just found that is helpful to understanding Peterson's culpability. In sum, the commissioner said that Peterson broke multiple rules. First and foremost, synthetic testosterone is a banned substance. However, if its use is disclosed to the commission in a timely manner, and the commission implements an indepdent review by its own medical professionals, it will in certain cases permit its use if it finds due cause. In such a case, he would be granted a therapeutic-use exemption. [One would assume that in such an instance, if it were permitted, the other side would be made aware of its use.] Therefore, Peterson violated the rules because (1) he used a banned substance, (2) failed to disclose the use of the banned substance to the Commission, and (3) failed a VADA test.

Thus, irrespective of the merit behind his use of the substance, it is a banned substance, which has to be obvious. In this day and age, anytime you are supplementing your body with more testosterone, questions will arise. What really does Peterson in here is that he failed to inform the Commission of his use of the banned substance. Why would you think Peterson would choose not to inform the commmission? The cynic might say that one reason is that his claim of low testosterone was false and he didn't believe he would be granted a therapeutic use exemption, or that he didn't want to draw any scrutiny to himself that would come with a independent review board examining his records because of what would then might be uncovered.

I have read elsewhere, but not confirmed by a reliable source, that he first took the substance three weeks before Khan-Peterson I. He travelled from D.C. to Vegas to get the testosterone treatment from a small, somewhat notoriously shady, clinic. He didn't report his use of testosterone to the D.C. commission either. Clearly, if that was the case, he was aware that he was supplementing with synthetic testosterone.

On a side note, Peterson actaully passed the Nevada drug test because his testosterone ratio was 3.77-1. He failed the VADA test because it also tests for synthetic testosterone, which is what he was taking.

NSAC's Kizer Discusses Peterson Scandal, License Issue - Boxing News

Thread Information