Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao vs Matthysse

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Pac is on a retirement, cash-out phase of his career. This fight does not help either of them. Pac is just done now.
    Except the payday for Matthysse. Probably not even near a Money Team level but still.

He's the only one getting anything out of it.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought this is an even fight considering how far both have slipped. Maybe Pac Man has more left but Matthysse has bombs and Manny has been flattened in the past.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@pacfan r u coming around for this fight, we usually have our traditional manny meet up. I hope pacfan is well he was having issues with the Philippine government last fight

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you would have told me 11 yrs ago that Manny would fall a month off the boxing board and still not have a network for a title fight I wouldn't believe it . Has all the feel of espn+1 which means it'll tank. Part of me is beginning to think Matthysse can draw an old Manny into a firefight though.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac wins this, probably easy.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it will be on ESPN + too. I’m predicting Matthysse upset.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Matisse looked a little bit drained last time out but I'm thinking he is going to knock out Pacquiao in about the fourth round

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny Pacquiao-Lucas Matthyse title fight to be shown via live stream only

Boxing fans in the U.S. will need to rely on live-streaming if they want to watch Manny Pacquiao's return to the ring next week.

Pacquiao's July 14 fight vs. WBA welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, will be shown exclusively on ESPN's new streaming service, ESPN+. The program is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. ET.

The Pacquiao-Matthyse fight will stream immediately after ESPN finishes its broadcast of the Regis Prograis-Juan Jose Velasco title fight in New Orleans.

"I am very happy that all of my fans in America will have a chance to watch my next fight on ESPN+, and I am looking forward to putting on a show," Pacquiao said in a statement issued Saturday by Top Rank Media. "Matthysse is a great opponent. I am training with all of my heart because I want to be champion again."

Pacquiao (59-7-2, 38 KOs) has not fought since losing his WBO welterweight world championship to Jeff Horn in a controversial decision in July 2017. Matthyse (39-4, 36 KOs) won the WBA belt in January with an eighth-round knockout of Tewa Kiram.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/gov...200004428.html

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Matthysse but I just see him as a bit fragile. I can see Manny messing his face up. People like Bradley and Mayweather don't really mark up but the Marquez and Margarito and Matthysse types will always have issues with the buzzsaw.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Manny Pacquiao-Lucas Matthyse title fight to be shown via live stream only

Boxing fans in the U.S. will need to rely on live-streaming if they want to watch Manny Pacquiao's return to the ring next week.

Pacquiao's July 14 fight vs. WBA welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, will be shown exclusively on ESPN's new streaming service, ESPN+. The program is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. ET.

The Pacquiao-Matthyse fight will stream immediately after ESPN finishes its broadcast of the Regis Prograis-Juan Jose Velasco title fight in New Orleans.

"I am very happy that all of my fans in America will have a chance to watch my next fight on ESPN+, and I am looking forward to putting on a show," Pacquiao said in a statement issued Saturday by Top Rank Media. "Matthysse is a great opponent. I am training with all of my heart because I want to be champion again."

Pacquiao (59-7-2, 38 KOs) has not fought since losing his WBO welterweight world championship to Jeff Horn in a controversial decision in July 2017. Matthyse (39-4, 36 KOs) won the WBA belt in January with an eighth-round knockout of Tewa Kiram.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/gov...200004428.html
    Sorry master meant to like the post. I have the app so it’s a good thing

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Freddie Roach says he hasn't talked to Manny Pacquiao since Jeff Horn fight

Something will be noticeably different for Manny Pacquiao when he makes his 2018 debut Saturday vs. Lucas Matthysse for Matthysse’s WBA welterweight title in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

For the first time since 2001, Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach will not be in Pacquiao's corner. Instead, childhood friend and longtime assistant trainer “Buboy” Fernandez will be the man in charge.

Pacquiao (59-7-2, 38 KOs) never told Roach he would be replacing him with Fernandez. Roach found out through the media that Pacquiao would be going in a different direction. In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Roach admits he hasn't talked to Pacquiao since his unanimous decision loss to Jeff Horn last July. Roach feels it had something to do with a conversation they had in the locker room when the fight ended.

"You know, Manny, being a senator and being a world-champion boxer is very difficult," Roach said he told Pacquiao. "I know you’ve always multi-tasked, but you might want to think about doing one before the other."

After Roach finished his thought, Pacquiao didn't say a word.

“Manny, are you mad at me?” Roach asked him.

“He just smiled at me," Roach continued. "That was it. And I haven’t spoken to Manny Pacquiao since.”

Pacquiao hasn't committed to a fight beyond Matthysse because of his senatorial duties in the Philippines. When reached by the Los Angeles Times, Pacquiao said if he does compete again beyond Saturday's contest, he would open to reuniting with Roach. If the call does happen, Roach knows what he will do.

“Marriages haven’t lasted this long,” Roach said. “If Manny asked me to get on a jet and train him for free, I’d be the first one on the plane. We have a lot of history. Manny’s my friend. Money ... I have enough.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/fre...214427616.html

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have absolutely had a man crush on pacquia for years. I’m still a fan of his boxing but very disappointed in his politics.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I have absolutely had a man crush on pacquia for years. I’m still a fan of his boxing but very disappointed in his politics.
    So you will watch his fight?

Thread Information