Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Timothy Bradley - Diego Chaves, Andy Lee - Matt Korobov

Another two big fights on HBO this weekend. We see the return of Bradley against the dirty but exciting fighter in Chaves. Bradley's known for his headbutt too so no doubt we will see a bit of drama in this one. Both men come to fight, Bradley is the better boxer and I think he will win this over the distance. Bradley is still a good fighter and I'd like to see fight Khan one day, it's a shame that never happened at 140.

Lee-Korobov is for the vacant WBO 160 title and should again be another good fight.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Bradley - Diego Chaves, Andy Lee - Matt Korobov

Bradley Returns Against Chaves In Vegas -

Article I did on the fight

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm interested to see how good this Koborov really is and if Quillin truly ducked him.

I'm also interested to see if that little bastard Chaves will try sticking his thumb up Bradley's ass or what not.

El Kabong Guest

Andy Lee is saying Adam Booth is making him a much better fighter....I just don't know how to take that. Manny brought Andy along very well, he was teaching him well, though I don't think Andy was really receiving what Manny was telling him all that well because his footwork would get lazy in fights and his defense would suffer because of it.

I don't really rate Adam Booth as a trainer, sure he's had Haye and Groves, but what has he helped them win? Those guys were decent enough athletes, he may have gotten them in good shape, but as far as boxing goes I don't see what he offers other than a big mouth.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Chavez knocks out Bradley... I'm sick of that guy!
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interested to know who the ref is because I think he'll find himself a very busy man. I just don't know about Bradley at this point and I've gone to bat for the dude early on. I think he fought one of his poorest fights vs Manny last out and looked like a guy with a dry tank and little imagination just clubbing away after the early round..s. I get it was Manny but that was not a top 3 p4p fighter type showing and his head got big off Marquez. If he settles for less and again fights out of his skin he can be sucked into a nasty physical affair with Chavez. Probably lose a finger and a shoe in the process. If he stops listening to some of his own bullshit..you are not a slugger..and relaxes he'll probably stamp Chavez passport to perma gatekeeper status wide.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Interested to know who the ref is because I think he'll find himself a very busy man. I just don't know about Bradley at this point and I've gone to bat for the dude early on. I think he fought one of his poorest fights vs Manny last out and looked like a guy with a dry tank and little imagination just clubbing away after the early round..s. I get it was Manny but that was not a top 3 p4p fighter type showing and his head got big off Marquez. If he settles for less and again fights out of his skin he can be sucked into a nasty physical affair with Chavez. Probably lose a finger and a shoe in the process. If he stops listening to some of his own bullshit..you are not a slugger..and relaxes he'll probably stamp Chavez passport to perma gatekeeper status wide.
    Chaves came up short against Thurman in his first trip and the Rios fight should have been held at a bar but I think he knocks pumpkin head out. Tim could be to busy for him but I think Tim is ripe for the taking.

Hererra vs Benavidez is the diamond in the ruff. That young kid has it all. I still watch that sparring he did with Manny every so often. Hererra is a big step up and a spoiler. Arum has held this kids reins a little to tight. I hope he doesn't get Omar Chavez'd.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Chaves came up short against Thurman in his first trip and the Rios fight should have been held at a bar but I think he knocks pumpkin head out. Tim could be to busy for him but I think Tim is ripe for the taking.

Hererra vs Benavidez is the diamond in the ruff. That young kid has it all. I still watch that sparring he did with Manny every so often. Hererra is a big step up and a spoiler. Arum has held this kids reins a little to tight. I hope he doesn't get Omar Chavez'd.
    I couldn't agree more. Herrera v. Benavidez is a diamond in the ruff. I saw Benavidez at a fight card in Phoenix and he knocked a guy out in no time, but he's had bumps in the road on his rise up the ranks. I somewhat have the feeling that this fight could be too soon for him. Danny Garcia wouldn't take a rematch with Herrera and Benavidez is fighting him? Don't think that works out. We'll see.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 12-10-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Strange interview with Kugan Cassius and Adam Booth in the bath

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aaFH-Rlid9Q

Andy Lee interview

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a3KXaK9gfUQ

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Could very well be and he definitely puts himself in harms way always trying to prove a point. Benavidez looks to have the composure and hands, he has that short circuit combo and kid explodes for finish but he hasn't faced anyone near Herrera's level. I'd like to see him hit and taken deep and Herrera continue to roll. This weekend is STACKED with awesome mix ups! Please tell me Hbo and Showtime are not airing head to head

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They're going head to head. I think the Bradley card will be much less interesting to watch than the Khan card. The three biggest fights are all potential stinkers.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders still looking to fight the winner Lee v Korobov?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    He's mandatory now, but he might have one in between that.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    He's mandatory now, but he might have one in between that.
    He will need it. Saunders was on BT sports with Eubanks and he came across really well. I am beggining to rate him. He has beaten 4 undefeated fighters in a row.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look at the purses -

Bradley - $2 million

Chaves - $35,000 (plus Argentine TV rights)

The Argie TV must be bloody lucrative otherwise that is an obscene split
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information