Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What should the punishment be, in your opinion?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What should the punishment be, in your opinion?

So the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa has uncovered that hundreds of college students have been having covid-19 parties in which known infected people are invited to the parties and thousands of dollars are put into a gambling pot, with the goal of seeing who can get infected first and then that person wins thousands of dollars out of the pot.

What should the punishment be if any in your opinion?

We talkin about parties with a couple hundred college students who invite a couple of covid-19 infected students and then deliberately try to get infected as fast as they can in order to win the money in the pot ...the thing is that dozens of these students could be infected and then go out into the public into pharmacies and into supermarkets and into shops and they can be infecting hundreds and hundreds of people, thereby really spreading the virus exponentially through the cities.

I have a second question and that is is this just an American phenomenon or are these kinds of things happening among college students in other countries as well? I don't really understand this mindset and it is rather risky to say the least. What should punishment be for these college students if any in your opinion? I think this is a valid question and a very serious matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What should the punishment be, in your opinion?

Only in America...

In terms of punishment? I don't know if you should be punished for trying to get the virus yourself. But if it is shown you are out in public putting others at risk afterwards? Jail time IMO.

In Canada we had a doctor travel and then go back to work without self isolating, which is mandated. As a result, he had unknowingly contracted COVID and spread it to a lot of his patients, at least one of whom died. I think he should be thrown in jail.

El Kabong Guest

Oh my God, THANK YOU.....I was getting nervous, I didn't think there was going to be yet another COVID thread. PHEW...bullet dodged

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, and also with your ONLY IN AMERICA comment, but you wont find nary a 'Murrican saying much on this at 'tall. See, a "Murrican Patriot will say its "just those individuals" and not a 'Murrican problem. Yet if INdians or Africans were doing something comparable in their own countries, those same 'Murricans would be saying "See how INdians/Africans are? See?? SEE??" Then, of course, it wouldnt be "just those individuals" but 'Murricans would say UNEQUIVOCALLY THAT IT WAS INDICATIVE OF THOSE COUNTRIES IN GENERAL.

Yeah, jail time for sure. Minimum 1 year. Any other peeps wanna "peep" their opinions on the TOPIC? (hint: that was for the previous post in this thread)
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 07-02-2020 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And heck EK, if it were a thread about 50 million permanent job losses and dealing with the economics of it all, you'd still say it was a covid thread. Everything right now is covid related: your masked snout, your snout herself, the economy, jobs, society at large, trade, politics, sports, WTF, EK, NC, DB, AH, WTF. This is about punishment of possibly criminally mischievous "Murrican Idiocracy Morons deliberately getting infected at 100+ person parties then going out in public into public places where your snout shops and frolicks.
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 07-02-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Thread Information