447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: gay marriage in the US

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Your book stinks, and thankfully is fading into irrelevancy.
    Not my book, but if it stinks , surely what reason would gays need to have those biblical words read during their matrimony?
    It's like the trifecta of hypocrisy.
    True. But wont the majority of gays avoid churches and the people there and go for a celebrant marriage under law?

I doubt a minister of the church other than the uniting church, will do the ceremony traditionally.

I doubt it will be happening in Catcholic C of E, Baptist, or Methodist .
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the law is about to force a church to comply,I'd really love to see the first one in a Mosque.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    The bible tells us homosexuality is wrong but also tells us not to judge.
    Yeah it says a lot of stuff... a lot of nonsense!

It was written by men and passed down over so many years... I don't trust people now a days to give me the straight scoop, why the fuck would I put my faith in a bunch of assholes from thousands of years ago?

The world had a choice... and it chose the gays over the bible humpers! I'm sorry!
    No, its fine, I don't press the belief of billions on others, just saying there is nothing wrong with living by a moral code brought to us by others. I think St Paul was one of the smartest men who ever lived, if you believe otherwise, fine by me.
    I think the Pauline dogma that made the Christian church what it is now, completely missed the point of Jesus and what he said.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is the real base issues that none of the religious judgmental types can answer:

Believing God creates all; who are people who are born with dual genitalia allowed to marry?

Raises the base questions on equality and zero judgment and also the question as to why God makes physically uneven ground in human form if he wants all to marry into the opposite sex?

The people they marry have to be in sin too if that is the case;because male or female you are still with someone who is both.

Yet these so called saved ones feel justified to stand in judgment of Gods creations.

Why? Is the next question they also cannot answer because it leads them into extremist ways wanting to deal out punishment or judgment on behalf of their God.

They are blinded to the catch 22 situation their own judgment has by Gods will placed them in.

Thus they lash out and lay blame and point the finger at others to still feel righteous in their own deceit.

This then leads into religious extremes and leads them into terrorism on a personal one on one scale, then if not stopped into global at the extreme, as we see in the world today: they feel they have the right to judge and then naturally deal out punishment in the name of their God.
    Last edited by Andre; 07-04-2015 at 05:48 AM.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

It was written by men and passed down over so many years... I don't trust people now a days to give me the straight scoop, why the fuck would I put my faith in a bunch of assholes from thousands of years ago?

The world had a choice... and it chose the gays over the bible humpers! I'm sorry!
    No, its fine, I don't press the belief of billions on others, just saying there is nothing wrong with living by a moral code brought to us by others. I think St Paul was one of the smartest men who ever lived, if you believe otherwise, fine by me.
    I think the Pauline dogma that made the Christian church what it is now, completes missed the point of Jesus and what he said.
    Sure, but being Jewish, which I think you said you are, how much do you really know about Christianty. I've read much on Judaism as I have much respect for it but I don't criticize it as I don't presume to know enough about it to judge it properly. Religious beliefs run too deep in People to speak on it as if it were a political belief. I am a Christian but believe the grace of God is in all religions. Paul wrote the majority of the new testament. To say his teachings changed the message of Christianity is contrary to Christianity itself. Still, your entitled to your opinion, I just feel one who never practiced a religion should not critique it's core beliefs.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Loathe the Book gays want to use...In order to be legit, how laughable.
    Yes, it all stinks! The bible, the Quran, all nonsense hahaha
    Got me there!!!!!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Here is the real base issues that none of the religious judgmental types can answer:

Believing God creates all; who are people who are born with dual genitalia allowed to marry?

Raises the base questions on equality and zero judgment and also the question as to why God makes physically uneven ground in human form if he wants all to marry into the opposite sex?

The people they marry have to be in sin too if that is the case;because male or female you are still with someone who is both.

Yet these so called saved ones feel justified to stand in judgment of Gods creations.

Why? Is the next question they also cannot answer because it leads them into extremist ways wanting to deal out punishment or judgment on behalf of their God.

They are blinded to the catch 22 situation their own judgment has by Gods will placed them in.

Thus they lash out and lay blame and point the finger at others to still feel righteous in their own deceit.

This then leads into religious extremes and leads them into terrorism on a personal one on one scale, then if not stopped into global at the extreme, as we see in the world today: they feel they have the right to judge and then naturally deal out punishment in the name of their God.
    I never once heard any controversy over People with dual genitalia, very rare, much rarer than rump rangers facing persecution or such from the church. I myself have two orifices and the church had no problem marrying me. I can't think of many people whom have been able to be judgemental in all their ways but no matter how we try to practice spiritual principles we will always fall short. Can't blame religion on that. We are called to be better than we are. It is not the religion, so to speak, that falls short, it is us. If even that couple hours I spend in church a week decreases my being a prick by even half a percent, I consider it time well spent. To be honest, I don't know the teachings on dual genitalia. I wouldn't look at it any different than down syndrome. I think I have seen pictures of it in medical books, one man in South Korea is well known for both male and female organs but he is quite integrated and accepted in society. I will get back to you when I look more into the issue, such is the burden of saddo spiritual leader.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Andre while the church does not have specific teaching on hermaphrodite, it has been addressed. It is said the person should make a decision with medical and therapeutic help to best understand what sex they feel they belong to. They should also be medically evaluated to see which sexual organ functions properly. Are they capable of pregnancy etc. So no, you used your question to puzzle, for lack of a better word, some who believe, but the answer seems quite rational. I did find info that hermaphrodite are or have been stoned in Iran. Along with gays, although I hear that is not as frequent as it once was.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn, the US supreme court just legalized marriage in all fifty states. I'm disappointed in the ruling. Don't get me wrong, although I find homosexuality itself repulsive and unnatural I would never dislike someone solely on the basis they are gay. It is the act of homosexuality I disagree with, not the human, if you follow me. Realizing homosexuals are, no matter how I feel about them I always thought civil unions were the appropriate way to go. I don't agree with the court changing the definition of marriage which for over two thousand years has been betwixt a man and a women, under God.WTF, very disappointed in the US supreme court.
    Understand one thing. The Government is not your momma. If you are not hurting anybody the Government has no right to tell you how to live your life.
    Last edited by mrbig1; 07-19-2015 at 12:43 AM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the law is about to force a church to comply,I'd really love to see the first one in a Mosque.
    Once again the Government cannot order the church to do anything.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Damn, the US supreme court just legalized marriage in all fifty states. I'm disappointed in the ruling. Don't get me wrong, although I find homosexuality itself repulsive and unnatural I would never dislike someone solely on the basis they are gay. It is the act of homosexuality I disagree with, not the human, if you follow me. Realizing homosexuals are, no matter how I feel about them I always thought civil unions were the appropriate way to go. I don't agree with the court changing the definition of marriage which for over two thousand years has been betwixt a man and a women, under God.WTF, very disappointed in the US supreme court.
    Understand one thing. The Government is not your momma. If you are not hurting anybody the Government has not right to tell you how to live your life.
    We are a nation of laws with the branches supposed to play a certain role. The supreme court should not have stepped in at this point. It's out of there realm. The government makes laws everyday, it is up to us to keep them in line.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Andre while the church does not have specific teaching on hermaphrodite, it has been addressed. It is said the person should make a decision with medical and therapeutic help to best understand what sex they feel they belong to. They should also be medically evaluated to see which sexual organ functions properly. Are they capable of pregnancy etc. So no, you used your question to puzzle, for lack of a better word, some who believe, but the answer seems quite rational. I did find info that hermaphrodite are or have been stoned in Iran. Along with gays, although I hear that is not as frequent as it once was.
    You missed the whole point and you meant to do so.

It was aimed at homophobic Christians who use the past old testament laws to attack and judge people in the New testament times. People who they believe God made that way.

You ignored the separate questions there and went for a false generalization to cover the fact you have no real answers.

They are not a generalization you attempted to scan it all with, they link to LGBT people directly and to the question of how a supposedly sane person can judge what they claim God has made or determine for God who those people are allowed to love.

"Hermaphrodite" properly refers to animals that have a functioning set of both male and female organs so that they may reproduce with or without a mate. "Pseudo-hermaphrodite" refers to animals that have the capacity to function as both males and female at various times in their lives depending on circumstance.

Snails and worms are examples of hermaphrodites and some fish such as "Groupers" are examples of pseudo-hermaphrodites. There are no human hermaphrodites or pseudo-hermaphrodites known to science. Natural variation and scientific discoveries may change this and our consideration of human rights might need to be revised in that event.

Also;

Hermaphrodite means has both working genitalia and can self produce off spring.

In 1901 Goldschmidt's objective was to find a word to describe differences in sex biology where both male and female features seemed to be present at the same time but not in an hermaphroditic way. His terminology also includes features that might be described as not quite male and not quite female and others that seem to be neither male nor female. Under this nomenclature an animal that has no sex characteristics at all would be intersex.

The accepted term is now inter sex due to the vast array of physical differences people are born with both externally and internally.

NV Semin has no right to judge any of them. That is who I was addressing.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Once again the Government cannot order the church to do anything.

Of course not.
    Which also makes you wonder why the religious are so put out by it all.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

I think the Pauline dogma that made the Christian church what it is now, completes missed the point of Jesus and what he said.
    Sure, but being Jewish, which I think you said you are, how much do you really know about Christianty. I've read much on Judaism as I have much respect for it but I don't criticize it as I don't presume to know enough about it to judge it properly. Religious beliefs run too deep in People to speak on it as if it were a political belief. I am a Christian but believe the grace of God is in all religions. Paul wrote the majority of the new testament. To say his teachings changed the message of Christianity is contrary to Christianity itself. Still, your entitled to your opinion, I just feel one who never practiced a religion should not critique it's core beliefs.
    My parents divorced when I was very young. So even though I am Jewish I was actually brought up in a Christian cult where I studied the Christian Bible in depth ,every day. Church 3 times a week. Home bible study, family bible study, personal bible study. Every single day. The one thing I did learn on leaving home and that cult, and then reacquainting myself with Judaism, very quickly was, that you can not possibly begin to understand Christianity without understanding the faith from which it's founder came.

And virtually no Christians do. It's almost laughably naive and fundamental that misunderstanding is. Not only are the myraid translations of the Bible wildly misleading, but the whole interpretation of those words are conducted through the tainted and foggy prism of Christian thinking. I can understand why many Christians think like this, because their views can be attributed to centuries of deliberate propagation of falsehoods by the Christian church, seeking to destroy the evidence that Jesus - The Jew - did not bring a new faith that invalidated, or made obsolete, his own.

This is apparent in the perpetual existence of Jews despite centuries of persecution and refutes the idea that Jews will, or must, eventually accept Jesus as their Messiah.

So for example, the Greek Paul, who grew up in Turkey, took Judaism with it's Universal elements and combined it with Pagan superstitions of the time - such as God coming to earth as a man. This created what we know today as Christianity; a distortion of Judaism, which once it became powerful enough, sought to eradicate Jews and the Jewish faith.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly Beanz.

Except that Yeshua was not the creator of the Christian religion,it came into fruition some 100 or so years later through Pauls writings who never even met Yeshua himself.

The term for the original ones following Yeshua (his brothers and sisters) was the desposyni.

I can explain it.

Thread Information