Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can GGG get any better?

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    Jabs score points and landing more jabs counts more than landing one big punch.
    That's your opinion and as per usual it's wrong

Everyone is crying about the 118-110 scorecard
    But nobody has had anything to say about the 114-114 card
    Which suggests that most people think a draw was fair.
    You do not read.

Everyone with any sense says the fight was close. So to have a draw is a fair opinion to have.
    So if the draw is a fair opinion then what's everyone crying about? The fight was scored a draw so the guy with the drawn scorecard is the person who got it right (it matched the result)

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because if the corrupt or incompetent judge had scored it correctly GGG would have won.

What is not to understand?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because if the corrupt or incompetent judge had scored it correctly GGG would have won.

They scored it how they saw it. Just because their scores didn't match yours doesn't make them wrong

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok. I believe what @GaMo is saying is if Byrd had judged it to Canelo by 1 round instead of Canelo by 8, what would the problem be?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Ok. I believe what @GaMo is saying is if Byrd had judged it to Canelo by 1 round instead of Canelo by 8, what would the problem be?
    Yeah, glad you understand

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

In all probability the neutral judge would have given it to GGG and that is the problem. One judge has already had Canelo the winner even before the fight started.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apart from stepping on Jacobs foot and bundling him over whilst he was off balance, GGG has failed to hurt or floor his last two opponents in 24 rounds. He's not the puncher everyone made him out to be and he's not the fighter some made him out to be. He couldn't separate himself at the top of the division.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    Apart from stepping on Jacobs foot and bundling him over whilst he was off balance, GGG has failed to hurt or floor his last two opponents in 24 rounds. He's not the puncher everyone made him out to be and he's not the fighter some made him out to be. He couldn't separate himself at the top of the division.
    His record is good and his stoppages show he is extremely heavy handed puncher. Stop re-writing his record based on his last 2 fights.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's stopped bums, most fighters have a lot of stoppages early in their careers but usually fighters step up after 10-15 fights. GGG fought over 30 bums and built a high knockout percentage because of that.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just because you're a Canelo fan doesn't mean you have to troll Golovkin mate. If Canelo was so much better, then surely he would have won decisively?

I'm a big GGG fan, but I also think Alvarez is a fucking elite fighter, and the real deal.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@X I'm just saying the guy doesn't punch as hard as people make out. He has built a record knocking over bums, you can't dispute that because it's their on paper for all to see. The two top fighters he fought both took him the distance and arguably both beat him.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe, but don't forget people said the same thing about Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, George Foreman and Mike Tyson.

All you can ask is that a fighter puts away those people in front of them, I suspect it hasn't helped Golovkin that he was so avoided for many years. I definitely agree that it's harder to knock out elite fighters, and most people's records will show that.

I think GGG is very heavy handed, and is a beast but I don't think he is a one punch kayo monster like Tommy Hearns or Julian Jackson etc.

I think it's his relentless pressure that wears people down rather than superhuman punch power.

A really good mover, who can snipe away and who has a good chin is the best blueprint to beat him. I think Jacobs showed the way, and Canelo followed the same game plan well.

Ward could have the tools to do it (but he is the dirtiest fighter I have seen in years). Micheal Nunn would also have given him problems I think.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ignore Gumbo. He's obligated to fuck with this nonsense hence making up bullshit about Jacobs falling over rather than acknowledge the 3 or 4 punches he ate during his 'fall'

Anyone that's faced GGG, edit, anyone magnanimous enough to talk frankly about facing GGG says he hits like a truck. Thats good enough for me and I'll take it over the ramblings of some donut on the interwebs.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's time to stop with the GGG avoided talk. We have years of evidence he held fights up. Clear evidence.

Ward-straight avoids saying they were focused on 160, but he looked at 168 for Steiglitz, Chavez(same time as Ward was trying to fighthim and he was focused on 160), Froch(again, same time as focused on160). GGG wanted a big check, not a big fight. Fair play but admit the obvious truth

Look at now. He clearly owes Jacobs a rematch because many think Jacobs beat him by landing more power punches in more rounds. Some even think Jacobs clearly won. But instead he is looking at yet another former WW in old Miguel Cotto. That fight is every bit as much of a f'n farce as theBrook fight was. And people should stop letting him get away with this BS. If he's the best MW, prove it, stop fighting former WWs and fight the best MWs. Don't say "we will never fight our mandatory, and if we are forced to fight him we will put it off as long as we can"(words directly from his trainers mouth FFS)

Dude is known as a take all comers guy and he is so f'n far from it it's laughable. Dude has quite clearly been picking and choosing for years.

Great fighter but has NEVER went for the hard fights. Soft ass record of his own making. He is no victim
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 09-22-2017 at 04:33 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    It's time to stop with the GGG avoided talk. We have years of evidence he held fights up. Clear evidence.

Ward-straight avoids saying they were focused on 160, but he looked at 168 for Steiglitz, Chavez(same time as Ward was trying to fighthim and he was focused on 160), Froch(again, same time as focused on160). GGG wanted a big check, not a big fight. Fair play but admit the obvious truth

Look at now. He clearly owes Jacobs a rematch because many think Jacobs beat him by landing more power punches in more rounds. Some even think Jacobs clearly won. But instead he is looking at yet another former WW in old Miguel Cotto. That fight is every bit as much of a f'n farce as theBrook fight was. And people should stop letting him get away with this BS. If he's the best MW, prove it, stop fighting former WWs and fight the best MWs. Don't say "we will never fight our mandatory, and if we are forced to fight him we will put it off as long as we can"(words directly from his trainers mouth FFS)

Dude is known as a take all comers guy and he is so f'n far from it it's laughable. Dude has quite clearly been picking and choosing for years.

Great fighter but has NEVER went for the hard fights. Soft ass record of his own making. He is no victim
    Who did you have winning the Canelo/GGG fight?

Thread Information