Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  243
Dislikes Dislikes:  7
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Attend

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Atten

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Relax, Beanz. I wasn't singling anyone out, the angry guys know who they are, respect to anyone who takes the same energy camera to camera.

Brock, is it possible to record it? If so please post the footage (this request has no malicious intent, as a life long cultural psychologist I believe it will provide a fascinating insight into the mindset of middle-aged men. Especially angry ones. Thanks.)

P.S - please get Miles on it. Gold. Pure gold.
    @Fenster It seems some people have EXTREME ANXIETY & NEUROSIS about showing their faces and engaging in such things. I was trying for YEARS to get to do video calls and all he did was say "why would anyone in the world want to do a video call?" and that it was stupid. If you are a psychologist Fenster, then it will be clear to you they are suffering from severe identity and self-perception issues in the social interaction context, insecurity for sure and discomfort with themselves. So they explain it away as something "stupid". Then others here have mentioned jerking off and wearing masks and other warped/perverted things, masking their severe emotional and psychological issues by trying to use what they think is humour and discrediting/denigrating the idea of a SaddoZoom Meeting. A mere 30-second stroll with in 2016 out of a NYC pub was THE END OF THE WORLD for him and , that I had made a quick video! Oh! The absolute tragedy of it! FFS
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 08-11-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Atten

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Relax, Beanz. I wasn't singling anyone out, the angry guys know who they are, respect to anyone who takes the same energy camera to camera.

Brock, is it possible to record it? If so please post the footage (this request has no malicious intent, as a life long cultural psychologist I believe it will provide a fascinating insight into the mindset of middle-aged men. Especially angry ones. Thanks.)

I never thought you were accusing me of being angry hence my entirely chilled response. I think if someone is going to record it then that becomes something different again, and most participants would no longer bother signing in. It is kind of the point that it is a one off, where if you want to have the opportunity to speak to someone face to face, you have to be willing to do so yourself. You can just use the audio with your camera turned off if you you want to listen in, or just reveal your voice if you think you are too sexy for your shirt.

Would be great if Gandalf and El Kabong and some of the most prolific posters popped in, but i don't expect they want to run the risk of actually accidentally having their preconceptions shattered and actually quite liking someone once they speak face to face

I should get a webcam because it is hard to see everyone's face on a little phone
    It really WOULD be great. HOnestly, once we all meet each other like this, in person and live, all the old preconceptions will be shattered. It is a great thing.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems they hand out degrees like candy on certain parts of the world.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

I never thought you were accusing me of being angry hence my entirely chilled response. I think if someone is going to record it then that becomes something different again, and most participants would no longer bother signing in. It is kind of the point that it is a one off, where if you want to have the opportunity to speak to someone face to face, you have to be willing to do so yourself. You can just use the audio with your camera turned off if you you want to listen in, or just reveal your voice if you think you are too sexy for your shirt.

Would be great if Gandalf and El Kabong and some of the most prolific posters popped in, but i don't expect they want to run the risk of actually accidentally having their preconceptions shattered and actually quite liking someone once they speak face to face

I should get a webcam because it is hard to see everyone's face on a little phone
    It really WOULD be great. HOnestly, once we all meet each other like this, in person and live, all the old preconceptions will be shattered. It is a great thing.
    Yeah I'm sure it would be a real blast getting called a racist Nazi and being threatened with violence via a different medium. Yeah sign me up for THAT

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Yeah I'm sure it would be a real blast getting called a racist Nazi and being threatened with violence via a different medium. Yeah sign me up for THAT
    Nobody will call you a racist Nazi etc... if you think people here FACE TO FACE ON A LIVE VIDEO CALL are going to behave that way, ---- this is a written forum, only typing, flat, no tone detected, misunderstandings, words, mood, all that is missing in the written word, weekend warrior keyboard warrior stuff,.... FACE TO FACE people do NOT behave that way, actually accidentally having their preconceptions shattered and actually quite liking someone once they speak face to face.

It is plain as day. This is the moment we, Saddo'ers and we, humanity itself, can step up and really get along. We've done 2 meetings already, both went extremely respectful, kind, cordial and nice and fun. I cant imagine anyone on these live face to face meetings suddenly start to call names and etc....

Won't happen, and that person who tries such things in front of all the other friendly, boxing-lovers and great people, ..... nahhh thats not happening.

Everyone is welcome.
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 08-11-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

You are more than welcome to call me a Nazi, a racist and threaten me with violence if you are going to make that step and let your guard down enough to just have a chat in a face to face video call. That would be a blast mate. See you Saturday
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look for a bit of positive guys negative well there is plenty of that about at this moment in time.! We have been at war long enough it's time to talk we are here for our love of boxing are we not! we may not agree on other subjects but we are boxing fans.
    The World a fucked up place at the moment I look forward to our zoom meeting.

El Kabong Guest

You are more than welcome to call me a Nazi, a racist and threaten me with violence if you are going to make that step and let your guard down enough to just have a chat in a face to face video call. That would be a blast mate. See you Saturday
    Have fun Saturday

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Look for a bit of positive guys negative well there is plenty of that about at this moment in time.! We have been at war long enough it's time to talk we are here for our love of boxing are we not! we may not agree on other subjects but we are boxing fans.
    It's true Rich. There are some people however too juvenile to let down their guard and just have a cordial, adult conversation...

But I will defend their right, till the end of time, to curl up in their cocoons.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's true Rich. There are some people however too juvenile to let down their guard and just have a cordial, adult conversation...

But I will defend their right, till the end of time, to curl up in their cocoons.

Hey Brock... I commend you for wanting to get us all together in a friendly chat. Nothing wrong with that. My own personal position is that I have no objections to meeting some of the people I've interacted with for years on the forum. It seems only logical. The counterpoint to that is that in some cases too much has been said. Too many personal insults have been thrown around casually..... to now expect everyone to just drop everything and pretend nothing has ever happened. Me personally.... I may or may not participate on this or future Zoom gatherings. Not because I can't bring myself to talk to anyone on here (save for one glaring exception)..... but because I may have other engagements. But again.... I commend you for the initiative.

Even in the previous posts, some just can't help themselves with the innuendos and the barb-throwing. That does little to encourage others to join. Let's face it..... yeah maybe we'll all come away with a little more understanding of each other which should in turn improve the atmosphere in the forum. But in extreme cases it might just be like lighting a torch in a darkened room just to read the labels on the kerosene cans.

Yeah... I had mentioned doing this in the past, as the forum cynical fuck indirectly threw in there. It doesn't mean I'm remotely looking forward to putting a voice together with the keyboard personality challenged fuck.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Hey Brock... I commend you for wanting to get us all together in a friendly chat. Nothing wrong with that. My own personal position is that I have no objections to meeting some of the people I've interacted with for years on the forum. It seems only logical. The counterpoint to that is that in some cases too much has been said. Too many personal insults have been thrown around casually..... to now expect everyone to just drop everything and pretend nothing has ever happened. Me personally.... I may or may not participate on this or future Zoom gatherings. Not because I can't bring myself to talk to anyone on here (save for one glaring exception)..... but because I may have other engagements. But again.... I commend you for the initiative.

Even in the previous posts, some just can't help themselves with the innuendos and the barb-throwing. That does little to encourage others to join. Let's face it..... yeah maybe we'll all come away with a little more understanding of each other which should in turn improve the atmosphere in the forum. But in extreme cases it might just be like lighting a torch in a darkened room just to read the labels on the kerosene cans.

Yeah... I had mentioned doing this in the past, as the forum cynical fuck indirectly threw in there. It doesn't mean I'm remotely looking forward to putting a voice together with the keyboard personality challenged fuck.
    Thanks Tito. And yeah I understand what you're saying. Of course if people have other engagements, they cannot join in that day. And if things have been said in soe cases as you said , too much, .... that may give some pause for thought. BUt I just think face to face everybody will be calm and it will be fun. I mean we've already done 2 of them. It went great. Tito, if you're around it would be great, if you're busy, of course you will be with family, friends, or whatever, its normal and we would just look forward to another time. Slim for example works nights and has a hard time making that time.

I really think based on the first 2 Zooms we've had that everything will be laid back, pleasant and fun.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am interested to join in but the day and time make it difficult. I would like to make it to a meeting.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I am interested to join in but the day and time make it difficult. I would like to make it to a meeting.
    It would be great to see you bud.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle many things have been said! Lyle wrong there written mate I would be surprised if anyone would kick off ! you spend hours on the key board now it's time to see who is behind it.đź‘Ť

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't do this Saturday Brock. I'll be in for one of the following weeks though. Are we wearing clothes or....
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information