Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pacquiao Out, Barrera-Marquez is Close

President and CEO of GBP,Richard Shaefeer said Pac-MAB would NOT behappening in April and that JMM/MAB was a in firm discussions and although not finalised,it is close.

He also said,if GBP wins the lawsuit,they will promote Pac and he may rematch MB in September,provided Marco gets by JMM,so it looks like Pacman may have a long layoff. Shaefer also expressed his dissapointment that Manny was not able to make a clear and firm decision on which side he would rather be with....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao Out, Barrera-Marquez is Close

Barrera on points. Pacquiao really needs to get his contract situation settled.
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dissapointed bout hearin this news was lookin forward to this rematch. would of had pac with another ko. just like morrales i think barreras best days are beyond him. hes still got something to offer tho.think a bout between jmm and barrera would be interesting. both very good boxers can see it go either way with a 12 round decision
    Pleased to make your acquaintance

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know, I really hope Oscar can fix this. He says he is fighter first. Well now it is put up or shut up I do suppose. But then there is nothing for him on this end. But this could get ugly and I would hate to see a year or two taken out of Pacman's prime because of this.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good. Marquez deserves a big fight, and Barerra is certainly that... I also would favour JMM by a wide margin if this fight were to come off. Marquez vs Pac is the fight I would most want to see, but Marquez vs MAB is better than PAc vs Barerra imo.. At least we haven't already seen MArco get destroyed by JMM. From my standpoint Marquez vs Guzman would also be a better fight, between the two fighters I give the best chance to beat Manny.. But if Barerra is able to beat MArquez then he certainly has proved worthy of a rematch.. Because as of now I have a hard time seeing what he has done to suggest he could beat Pac. But obviously beating Marquez should change that. Hopefully this won't lead to inactivity from PAc though, ideally it will give him the chance to fight Guzman or Valero next.. CC for the news El Gamo, and merry christmas everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ahhh disappointing. as much as i love pac
    i think hes sort of a dumbass when it comes to
    troubles outside the ring, lawsuits and all these craps
    anyway, JMM vs MAB is a great great match
    but its sad that only one of them would get a rematch
    against pac. guzman and valero has too fight each other too
    while pac.. uhhh i hate it but he has to fight some bum
    to prevent himself of being ring rusty. shiit dont be complacent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Good. Marquez deserves a big fight, and Barerra is certainly that... I also would favour JMM by a wide margin if this fight were to come off. Marquez vs Pac is the fight I would most want to see, but Marquez vs MAB is better than PAc vs Barerra imo.. At least we haven't already seen MArco get destroyed by JMM. From my standpoint Marquez vs Guzman would also be a better fight, between the two fighters I give the best chance to beat Manny.. But if Barerra is able to beat MArquez then he certainly has proved worthy of a rematch.. Because as of now I have a hard time seeing what he has done to suggest he could beat Pac. But obviously beating Marquez should change that. Hopefully this won't lead to inactivity from PAc though, ideally it will give him the chance to fight Guzman or Valero next.. CC for the news El Gamo, and merry christmas everyone.

good post, cc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah this is disappointing. but if this would settle pac vs jmm then it is good for me. i always wanted to watch them finish up what they have started.

also on pac's side, being a pacquiao fan, i want him to prove that he is a damn good boxer now. everyone in this forum says that jmm would outbox pac, mab would outbox pac but in my opinion he's aint a slugging punching machine anymore. this guy has jabs now, also has counterpunching now, developed his right hand punching with that characteristics i dont think jmm would win against him. with all due of respect but that's my opinion. peace guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superproxy
    yeah this is disappointing. but if this would settle pac vs jmm then it is good for me. i always wanted to watch them finish up what they have started.

also on pac's side, being a pacquiao fan, i want him to prove that he is a damn good boxer now. everyone in this forum says that jmm would outbox pac, mab would outbox pac but in my opinion he's aint a slugging punching machine anymore. this guy has jabs now, also has counterpunching now, developed his right hand punching with that characteristics i dont think jmm would win against him. with all due of respect but that's my opinion. peace guys!
    i sounded biased didnt i

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent post P4Pking,CC back and merry christmas guys. The only thing I disagree with P4P,is that MAB does have chance of outboxing Pac imo,I mean in their first fight that was NOT MAB at his best whereas if Pac beat him now,there would be no questions over who the better fighter is. I like you're thinking about JMM and MAB though and unfortunately for us,it does sound like Pac will be out for a while....

I'd favour JMM over MAB,via UD. And if JMM does win this,it'll be time for the whole boxing world to sit up and take notice because JMM has been one of the most gifted fighters in boxing for a while but unfortunately has never had the exposure. In his prime,and as much as I love EM and MAB,he beats them both.

It could turn out to be a boring fight though if JMM reverts to his counter punching,or I wonder if he will lead more as he has done in his last 3 fights?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superproxy

Agreed. Pac's boxing is still unrecognized. Always rated as a brawler.

Thread Information