Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Proksa v. Golovkin - 9/1/12

Eddie Hearn is feeding Proksa to the wolves. Generally, the goal is to get your guy a title fight, but against Golovkin? It's not like he was rushing to put Dazzling Darren Barker in there with the cruel man from Kazakhstan. What makes Hearn believe Proksa is ready for Golovkin? Proksa's win over Kerry Hope?

I am a fan of Proksa. His style is a blend of pizzazz, pomp, and crisp. Many people refer to him as a poor man's Sergio Martinez. Proksa is a flashy, slick boxer. However, Proksa is still raw. Even in his win(s) over Hope, it was readily apparent that he needs development from a world class trainer, in a world-class gym.

Golovkin may be the most feared middleweight out there. He is a pressuring, aggressive swarmer. He has the best pedigree of any middleweight and is trained by Abel Sanchez. Rumor has it that he got the better of Canelo and Angulo in sparring.

I guess someone had to fight Golvokin eventually, as Sturm, Kid Chocolate, and N'Jikam avoided taking fights with him. Credit to Proksa for doing what they wouldn't. It's just the style that Gennady Golovkin brings to the table it all wrong for Proksa. I don't see this fight going any other way: Proksa will be stalked and brutally stopped.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not disparaging the fight. It's extremely exciting as far as available middleweight title fights go. Outside of the available top-ranked boxers at 160--Barker, Murray, Macklin--this may be the best option. In terms of riveting action, it definitely is on par with Martinez-Junior, Sturm-Geale, even if the fighters involved don't have the star power of the those guys. It's just those are more or less 50/50 fights. This appears a miss-match. Does anyone disagree?
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 07-21-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Proksa v. Golovkin - 9/1/12

I agree Golovkin is a clear favourite.

Proksa has had bad luck with promoters and he had to wait a couple of years for the EBU title shot. (The British commentator said he was "protected" - despite the fact that Proksa never fought at home)
    No wonder Proksa now takes whatever they throw at him, without the time for a proper camp. IMHO Eddie Hearn doesn't care. It's not like Proksa has a following the UK.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Proksa is a talented fighter with an entertaining style and excellent potential, but he doesn't have much of a chance in this one. His promoter is throwing him to the wolves.

I would have liked to see Golovkin fight Martirosyan, Cotto, Quillan, Lara or Alvarez (Gennady says he can make 154). Or, someone like Murray, Macklin or Barker would have been okay.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thought Golovkin was to fight Strum after his next fight?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Thought Golovkin was to fight Strum after his next fight?
    As of now, Sturm versus Geale in a unification fight and Golovkin versus Proksa.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Proksa will do well for 3-4 rounds...then Golovkin will start to break him down.

Prediction: Golovkin by TKO in 8-9 rounds.

Full credit to Proksa for having the balls to face Gennady unlilke Sturm & N'Jikam.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post
    I think Proksa will do well for 3-4 rounds...then Golovkin will start to break him down.

Prediction: Golovkin by TKO in 8-9 rounds.

Full credit to Proksa for having the balls to face Gennady unlilke Sturm & N'Jikam.
    And Kid Chocolate.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maybe sometimes you just need to take an opportunity

im looking forward to it anyway
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LookIng forward to this myself. Something about Golovkins demeanor inside the ropes makes me think of Carlos Monzon. He's a menace and a fight like this could allow him more recognition

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    LookIng forward to this myself. Something about Golovkins demeanor inside the ropes makes me think of Carlos Monzon. He's a menace and a fight like this could allow him more recognition
    Golovkins has been shown on box nation quite a lot and he makes short work out of his opponents. He has a bomb of a right hand and is defiantly avoided by the wanker German.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really Master? I've honestly missed him anytime he was on.
    Yeah, he doesn't seem theist patient sort

I think Golovkin vs. Sturm would be a tremendous contest!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    Really Master? I've honestly missed him anytime he was on.
    Yeah, he doesn't seem theist patient sort

I think Golovkin vs. Sturm would be a tremendous contest!
    Yes last 3 or 4 fights have been on live, that is why I became a fan. I take it you have boxnation too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Yes last 3 or 4 fights have been on live, that is why I became a fan. I take it you have boxnation too.
    And I had to catch up through crazy foreign repeats haha.
    I actually had Box nation installed at my parents place. I travel home and watch the fights with the family most weekends don't have it at my place though!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sky sports are going to get this fight.

It will be a good indicator of how Golovkin handles the Sergio Martinez hands down style as I expect that will be the next big middleweight fight after Martinez beats Chavez. Sturm is still going strong aswel and may be in the picture for the winner.

Proska looked good in the hope rematch. Showed the 1st fight was an offnight and he turned on the class. Golovkin doesnt set off at such a high pace he is more patient and may take a long look at Proska before setting about him but he does carry lights out power and if he catches Proska with his handsdown showboating then it game over.

Proska will need to keep his hands up which isnt his style or get on his bike. Either way I think Golovkin will figure him out , break him down and take him out. Good fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Eddie Hearn is feeding Proksa to the wolves. Generally, the goal is to get your guy a title fight, but against Golovkin? It's not like he was rushing to put Dazzling Darren Barker in there with the cruel man from Kazakhstan. What makes Hearn believe Proksa is ready for Golovkin? Proksa's win over Kerry Hope?

I am a fan of Proksa. His style is a blend of pizzazz, pomp, and crisp. Many people refer to him as a poor man's Sergio Martinez. Proksa is a flashy, slick boxer. However, Proksa is still raw. Even in his win(s) over Hope, it was readily apparent that he needs development from a world class trainer, in a world-class gym.

Golovkin may be the most feared middleweight out there. He is a pressuring, aggressive swarmer. He has the best pedigree of any middleweight and is trained by Abel Sanchez. Rumor has it that he got the better of Canelo and Angulo in sparring.

I guess someone had to fight Golvokin eventually, as Sturm, Kid Chocolate, and N'Jikam avoided taking fights with him. Credit to Proksa for doing what they wouldn't. It's just the style that Gennady Golovkin brings to the table it all wrong for Proksa. I don't see this fight going any other way: Proksa will be stalked and brutally stopped.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not disparaging the fight. It's extremely exciting as far as available middleweight title fights go. Outside of the available top-ranked boxers at 160--Barker, Murray, Macklin--this may be the best option. In terms of riveting action, it definitely is on par with Martinez-Junior, Sturm-Geale, even if the fighters involved don't have the star power of the those guys. It's just those are more or less 50/50 fights. This appears a miss-match. Does anyone disagree?
    The only part I disagree with is calling Martinez-Junior more or less 50/50. I think that fight's almost as much of a mismatch as this one is. Different only in that I don't see Junior getting KO'd.

Thread Information