Screenshot_20231210-085439~2.jpg

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gaza

I don't know how many times we need to see mechanized armed to the teeth forces enter a territory and turn civilians into next gen recruits to know how this repeats. Again. And again.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I don't know how many times we need to see mechanized armed to the teeth forces enter a territory and turn civilians into next gen recruits to know how this repeats. Again. And again.
    But they wouldn't have done so had there not been the initial attack.
    Do you remember all the pictures of armed Israeli citizens going about their lives? Apparently the leadership in Israel thought it proper to disarm those people and...
    Personally, if i ran Israel, I would secure the prosperity and security of my people by exterminating every Palestinian that i could find. If I were a Palestinian I would probably have been throwing bombs and causing trouble.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Do you remember all the pictures of armed Israeli citizens going about their lives? Apparently the leadership in Israel thought it proper to disarm those people and...
    Personally, if i ran Israel, I would secure the prosperity and security of my people by exterminating every Palestinian that i could find. If I were a Palestinian I would probably have been throwing bombs and causing trouble.

I've refrained from posting here on account of it being a sensitive subject and all. But I'm glad to see a little bit of argument for the other side.

"But they wouldn't have done so had there not been the initial attack."

Precisely. What seems to get lost in all of this was the initial attack.

And isn't it always the same...

1. Terrorists attack country, using neighboring country as base.

2. Terrorists then hide among the populace, knowing any counterattack is certain to cause civilian casualties and global condemnation.

3. Creative terrorists are even capable of killing/destroying targets within neighboring country... then pointing an accusatory finger at the counter attackers.

4. War drags on... global horrification turns into pressure on counter attackers to establish ceasefires... terrorists regroup and plan further attacks.

5. Rinse and repeat.

I, as everyone else with a pulse, feel horrible about the civilian casualties and crumbling infrastructure inside Gaza.

But knowing what should be blatantly clear by now... how the FUCK does a territory like Gaza allow a terrorist group like Hamas to launch an attack that everybody knows full well what the repercussions are going to be.

Gazans can't do anything about it, you say. Fine. How about the neighboring Arab countries, which stand to lose in a full-fledged conflict such as this, what with the hundreds of thousands of refugees that will look to flood their borders?

All I know is this: Israel and its Arab neighbors have been at it since many, many decades ago. World leaders, including U.S. Presidents, have come and gone, trying unsuccessfully to create some sort of lasting peace in the Middle East. Sure... Arabs and Israelis will never like or trust each other.

But damn it. Arab countries are well aware of the existence of these radical, terrorist groups whose only mission in life is the extermination of Israel. Well... since that ain't gonna happen... might as well live with that fact, and continue working together as best you can.

One thing's for certain. Every time some Hamas or Hezbollah group decides to launch an attack on Israel and then hide in a neighboring country... Israel is going to go looking for them... and some schools, hospitals, and innocent civilians are going to be blown up. Either by weary, trigger-happy Israelis... or by clever terrorists, looking to pin the blame on Israel.

A schoolyard fight on a deadly, global scale.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tactically as far as very just and expected retaliation and operations, it's destined to fail and backfire. We've seen and executed the same tactics into civilian populations over and over and over and seen thousands lost of our own blood and treasure only to kick the can down the road. Unless of course the unstated end game is to turn the entire territory into a literal parking lot and willingly write the civilian population off as collateral damage and /or willing combatants. Man women and child. Have to think that an Israeli government order of extermination of what ? 5,6 million people would be a very raw nerve given history and region. Given the proximity and constant clashes I'm surprised they do not have operators and intel prior to the savagery of Oct 7th that. Spies or saboteurs or whatever trying to get inside of Hamas and kneecap leadership from within. As usual the U.S is also answerable for much and tbh once again we keep our big fat toe stirring the Mideast. I mean shit doesn't Qatar fund Hamas ? yet we keep multiple bases there turning a blind eye. All to maintain our boot print and forward operations. Not to mention keeping the arms industry thriving for all. It really is a shit show and we revisit it every half dozen year.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tactically as far as very just and expected retaliation and operations, it's destined to fail and backfire. We've seen and executed the same tactics into civilian populations over and over and over and seen thousands lost of our own blood and treasure only to kick the can down the road. Unless of course the unstated end game is to turn the entire territory into a literal parking lot and willingly write the civilian population off as collateral damage and /or willing combatants. Man women and child. Have to think that an Israeli government order of extermination of what ? 5,6 million people would be a very raw nerve given history and region. Given the proximity and constant clashes I'm surprised they do not have operators and intel prior to the savagery of Oct 7th that. Spies or saboteurs or whatever trying to get inside of Hamas and kneecap leadership from within. As usual the U.S is also answerable for much and tbh once again we keep our big fat toe stirring the Mideast. I mean shit doesn't Qatar fund Hamas ? yet we keep multiple bases there turning a blind eye. All to maintain our boot print and forward operations. Not to mention keeping the arms industry thriving for all. It really is a shit show and we revisit it every half dozen year.
    @Master @Spicoli I accidentally hit dislike for the above post when I meant to like it because I totally agree with spicoli. I'm riding on a bus which is bouncing around a lot and using my Android and I hit dislike instead of like.

In 1948 the land was stolen in an unfair manner and since that day 75 years ago the Israelis have been subjugating and brutalizing and arresting and killing and stealing more and more land through illegal settlements against the Palestinians without any help from the international community or without any enforcement of un security council resolutions that demand for the last 50 years that Israel give back so much land and dismantle the settlements but instead the United States keeps vetoing that resolution which comes up twice a year since 1967 and there was no international legitimacy of law enforcement and then when you have a violent backlash like what happened on October 7th everyone wants to whine but this has been going on since 1948 and what happened on October 7th is not even 1% of what the Palestinians have suffered at the hands of the Israelis since 1948 so don't talk about October 7th it started 75 years ago

How can an illegal occupier who is administering and apartheid state have the right to defend itself? It makes no sense but most everybody in the west is brainwashed

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not worry about it. Accidently dislike a post can easily happen. Spicoli will not hold it against you.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No worries there Brock . Speaking mainly to the tactics is all. No matter a "side" chosen, there's zero justification for the direct targeting and butchery of men women and children that happened on Oct 7th.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For Israel this is a feature not a bug. As long as Hamas or somebody equally gruesome is running things in at least part of the Palestinian territories Israel can say quite correctly that they have no partner for peace and it allows them not to have to take part in any peace process. They can get on with building all over the West Bank undisturbed.

Another fantastic thing to come out of the current blowup for Israel is the raised salience of the issue in the west and in particular America. The combination of lots of Muslim immigrants swelling the numbers taking part in marches and lefties doing stupid stuff on campuses and elsewhere has created in polarised America a conservative backlash and given the right, who are also chock full of anti semites, another issue to own the libs on by supporting Israel unconditionally. What this means in practice is that should Trump win next year Israel will have carte blanche to do anything they want whether that's mass expulsion of Palestinians across the Jordan river or out through Gaza into Egypt or both. They can leave Gaza uninhabitable, cut off electricity or water or both, whatever they want.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I've refrained from posting here on account of it being a sensitive subject and all. But I'm glad to see a little bit of argument for the other side.

"But they wouldn't have done so had there not been the initial attack."

Precisely. What seems to get lost in all of this was the initial attack.

And isn't it always the same...
    1. Terrorists attack country, using neighboring country as base.

2. Terrorists then hide among the populace, knowing any counterattack is certain to cause civilian casualties and global condemnation.

3. Creative terrorists are even capable of killing/destroying targets within neighboring country... then pointing an accusatory finger at the counter attackers.

4. War drags on... global horrification turns into pressure on counter attackers to establish ceasefires... terrorists regroup and plan further attacks.

5. Rinse and repeat.

I, as everyone else with a pulse, feel horrible about the civilian casualties and crumbling infrastructure inside Gaza.

But knowing what should be blatantly clear by now... how the FUCK does a territory like Gaza allow a terrorist group like Hamas to launch an attack that everybody knows full well what the repercussions are going to be.

Gazans can't do anything about it, you say. Fine. How about the neighboring Arab countries, which stand to lose in a full-fledged conflict such as this, what with the hundreds of thousands of refugees that will look to flood their borders?

All I know is this: Israel and its Arab neighbors have been at it since many, many decades ago. World leaders, including U.S. Presidents, have come and gone, trying unsuccessfully to create some sort of lasting peace in the Middle East. Sure... Arabs and Israelis will never like or trust each other.

But damn it. Arab countries are well aware of the existence of these radical, terrorist groups whose only mission in life is the extermination of Israel. Well... since that ain't gonna happen... might as well live with that fact, and continue working together as best you can.

One thing's for certain. Every time some Hamas or Hezbollah group decides to launch an attack on Israel and then hide in a neighboring country... Israel is going to go looking for them... and some schools, hospitals, and innocent civilians are going to be blown up. Either by weary, trigger-happy Israelis... or by clever terrorists, looking to pin the blame on Israel.

A schoolyard fight on a deadly, global scale.
    Hamas aren't some small group hiding in a sea of people who don't like them. They're by far the most popular group in Gaza and the West Bank:

Despite the devastation caused by the new war, support for Hamas had risen in Gaza and more than tripled in the West Bank. Fifty-two percent of Gazans and 85% of West Bank respondents - or 72% of Palestinian respondents overall - voiced satisfaction with the role of Hamas in the war.
    Just 10% of the poll’s 1,712 respondents said they had seen evidence that Hamas committed war crimes during the 7 October attack, despite the fact that extreme violence towards Israeli civilians has been well documented by the international media.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...october-attack

The last time there was an election in the palestinian territories Hamas won in Gaza and the West Bank.

No neighbouring country wants to get involved with Gaza. What are they going to do exactly? The same as Israel but with less discriminate/accurate weapons and with no chance of anything resembling success.

Israel and the Palestinians both want a state from the river to the sea. Only one of them has any chance of success and the conditions needed for them to achieve it are all rapidly falling into place.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Israel is crumbling as we speak and they will never be able to defeat Hamas and once Hezbollah gets involved a little bit more in this war, Israel will be totally crushed.

States and Israel and the UK are all finished

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where was France and the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, the evil UK, the satanic US who are supposedly bastions and champions of human rights and inalienable rights on this ongoing genocide by Israel against the Palestinians? Just a bunch of Western colonial compromised cowards, WHO CANNOT BEAR TO SEE SOUTH AFRICA TAKING A LEADING ROLE IN THIS PROSECUTION

https://youtu.be/5ufbfFTi38A?si=s9OTD2GQw3B1eJbx

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://youtu.be/U_l2U7zYSGM?si=SOdkrHck7ul4feIY

*ISRAEL AND THE UNITED KINGDOM AND THE UNITED STATES ARE ALL GUILTY OF GENOCIDE AGAINST THE PALESTINIANS*

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"never again" didn't just mean never again for the Jews.

It means never again for ANYONE

Thread Information