Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is it wrong to decry the decline of world leadership quality?

It would take half the country's GNP to have "Rodney" drag a woman kicking and screaming into the WH.

Besides... he doesn't need that. He routinely makes love to himself.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito why do you dislike Trump so much?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Kennedy was also the first candidate to use tv so efficiently. People who heard the Kennedy Nixon debate on the radio thought Nixon clearly one. People who saw it on TV thought Kennedy won. Nixon had a terrible fear of public speaking and would sweat like a pig and look very uncomfortable but he knew his shit. He was terribly paranoid and had low self esteem. He was winning that election (not Kennedy) by the biggest landslide and he still had to do watergate. Nixon was quite a man, lost so many runs but kept coming back. Could have been one of the great ones. At the height of impeachment he wasn’t sleeping and walking around the White House talking to portraits of the presidents. Probably in a psychotic break. I read several of his post President books and the guy really was a genius. I suppose many would argue that with me, I don’t know if they read his books.

Was Washington sending in troops to butcher Indians evil or did he just have enough of Indians attacking settlers which was left over from the British troops paying Indians for American scalps and more for the fetus of an American out of a women’s womb? Andrew Jackson fucking over Indians for access to gold when he had just set a deal with them, evil, or was the US in such dire straights it had to happen.

How about Hancock putting out those articles on John Adams having all kinds of weird sexual trysts when they were best friends but Hancock would do anything for that power. Then we could get into Hamilton and the shit he pulled as president. Who next you wanna talk Grant, he had a laundry list. We could do this all night, I got something on all of them James K Polk and illegal wars. This isn’t about making trump look good but if we are going to compare him with other presidents, let’s do it.

Well good on you for digging up all possible dirt on every other President to make your point.

But once again my point for clarity....... and what has always been the point of this thread.

I'm not comparing policy making or decisions made domestically or on foreign affairs.

That would be a never-ending flow of unwinnable shit, because everyone here (and in the whole population) thinks differently about how foreign affairs and domestic matters should be handled.

I'm all about how a President conducts himself in public, both here and abroad.

Hate on Kennedy all you want. Hate on all other Presidents with skeletons in their closet.

Point is..... and will remain.... that never in the history of the U.S. has there ever been a President whose very presence in a monumental embarrassment to many.

Petty, egocentric, and so many other unflattering characteristics to add to the list.

He does not ACT like a President of the United States.

Look... why go through this song and dance for the umpteenth time. You know what I mean, although obviously you're totally entitled to disagree.

He's like the Rodney Dangerfield of Presidents (Caddyshack, anyone?).

Oh.... and that "he's a New Yorker" defense is getting old.

If that's the case, do yourselves a favor and amend the Constitution to eliminate New Yorkers from Presidential contention.
    Ok if you wanna have all this hate based on comparing him to one presidents ability to use TV, look and talk well, if gruff talk makes orange man the worse, that’s your prerogative I just use different “bars” to measure presidents

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

~bars~?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    ~bars~?
    Yes frenchy in the US that’s what we call the place where you sit and drink alcohol. We used to have this guy named Brock here and I met him at a bars in nyc

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kennedy was also the first candidate to use tv so efficiently. People who heard the Kennedy Nixon debate on the radio thought Nixon clearly one. People who saw it on TV thought Kennedy won. Nixon had a terrible fear of public speaking and would sweat like a pig and look very uncomfortable but he knew his shit. He was terribly paranoid and had low self esteem. He was winning that election (not Kennedy) by the biggest landslide and he still had to do watergate. Nixon was quite a man, lost so many runs but kept coming back. Could have been one of the great ones. At the height of impeachment he wasn’t sleeping and walking around the White House talking to portraits of the presidents. Probably in a psychotic break. I read several of his post President books and the guy really was a genius. I suppose many would argue that with me, I don’t know if they read his books.

Was Washington sending in troops to butcher Indians evil or did he just have enough of Indians attacking settlers which was left over from the British troops paying Indians for American scalps and more for the fetus of an American out of a women’s womb? Andrew Jackson fucking over Indians for access to gold when he had just set a deal with them, evil, or was the US in such dire straights it had to happen.

How about Hancock putting out those articles on John Adams having all kinds of weird sexual trysts when they were best friends but Hancock would do anything for that power. Then we could get into Hamilton and the shit he pulled as president. Who next you wanna talk Grant, he had a laundry list. We could do this all night, I got something on all of them James K Polk and illegal wars. This isn’t about making trump look good but if we are going to compare him with other presidents, let’s do it.

Well good on you for digging up all possible dirt on every other President to make your point.

But once again my point for clarity....... and what has always been the point of this thread.

I'm not comparing policy making or decisions made domestically or on foreign affairs.

That would be a never-ending flow of unwinnable shit, because everyone here (and in the whole population) thinks differently about how foreign affairs and domestic matters should be handled.

I'm all about how a President conducts himself in public, both here and abroad.

Hate on Kennedy all you want. Hate on all other Presidents with skeletons in their closet.

Point is..... and will remain.... that never in the history of the U.S. has there ever been a President whose very presence in a monumental embarrassment to many.

Petty, egocentric, and so many other unflattering characteristics to add to the list.

He does not ACT like a President of the United States.

Look... why go through this song and dance for the umpteenth time. You know what I mean, although obviously you're totally entitled to disagree.

He's like the Rodney Dangerfield of Presidents (Caddyshack, anyone?).

Oh.... and that "he's a New Yorker" defense is getting old.

If that's the case, do yourselves a favor and amend the Constitution to eliminate New Yorkers from Presidential contention.
    Ok if you wanna have all this hate based on comparing him to one presidents ability to use TV, look and talk well, if gruff talk makes orange man the worse, that’s your prerogative I just use different “bars” to measure presidents
    Warren G. Harding gets a bad rap. He was one of the 1st to use "America First". He won in a landslide. Cut taxes by 50% and cut spending by 50%. It was the roaring 20s. He was immensely popular. The Teapot Dome scandal was a fake scandal. It has been proven that he was framed by Walsh. They tried to pin it to Harding but it didn't work. Don't believe the lies in history books. Harding was beloved, he ended the depression. They couldn't take him down, so what happens? He gets food poisoning, while he's recovering he has a stroke and dies mysteriously at 53, 2 and a half years into his term. Hundreds of thousands of people lined the tracks to pay their respects from San Francisco to Washington for Hardings funeral.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

~bars~?
    Yes frenchy in the US that’s what we call the place where you sit and drink alcohol. We used to have this guy named Brock here and I met him at a bars in nyc
    Oh, I see, like a lounge?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito why do you dislike Trump so much?

Fair question. I'll attempt to answer it.

Not too good at analogies (disclaimer), but here goes:

A family's breadwinner (say it's the father, for arguments sake) makes a fairly good living and manages to support his family. But he's also a supreme asshole. He's a narcissistic, egomaniacal, bigoted, hypocritical, pathological-lying son of a bitch who provides a terrible example to his children. He picks fights with all his neighbors... and everyone around him hates him. BUT.... he makes a good enough living to buy his kids clothes and toys and all sorts of cool stuff.

Some dude from outside the family tells his kids that he's an asshole, and kids jump the dude's shit. No he isn't... they shout. He's the best father in the world. He buys them toys and stuff... and that's all they care about. Their dad could go out in the middle of the street and shoot someone... and they'd still have his back.

But they're his kids. Poor little bastards don't know any better. They'll lap up whatever horseshit comes out of their dad's mouths because well..... he buys them toys.

Anyway.... enough with the lousy analogy.

Fact of the matter is..... a huge part of it is Trump himself, but guess what. Another part of it are the Trump blind fans.

Blind fans are the same everywhere. In politics much like boxing. Don't matter whether what the guy does from one day to the next is right or wrong. That's their man, goddammit! and they'll go down with the burning ship with him.

Makes for some interesting (and pathetic) conversations

From Day One I gave Trump whatever meager credit there was to give. I separated myself from the polarized blind fans and rabid haters.

But it's like pissing into the wind. You get nowhere being impartial. The only way to survive in today's polarized world is to be in one ridiculous camp or the other.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well fans will be fans. People will be people. I'm basically a loner. Few friends at all. People generally make me queasy in that they seem so dumb. Regardless of political party. Homo sapiens sucks like to 90%. At least in the 1st world. When I was in Tanzania, Colombia, Sri Lanka, the people were more human, more real.
    Anything you get in the western world will stink. Usually. It all stinks. Central bank shenanigans. Welfare states. High crime. Shallow politics. Fakery. Materialism. It all stinks.

Trump just has to surf that shit, he knows his shit, no billionaire is an idiot, it just ain't possible to be a billionaire and be stupid. He knows exactly his audience, and does what he needs to do. He's smart. He's tricky. And he's down to earth like the fireside chats. Obama was Mr. Phony Baloney Teleprompter
    ..... Trump is like your crazy great uncle, it's appealing, it's homey, it's cozy, it's real, it's impromptu, it's FUNNY, I mean really FUNNY, it's feel good, it's in your face, it's the KRYPTONITE FOR UPTIGHT, it's the Nemesis of PC Culture.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well fans will be fans. People will be people. I'm basically a loner. Few friends at all. People generally make me queasy in that they seem so dumb. Regardless of political party. Homo sapiens sucks like to 90%. At least in the 1st world. When I was in Tanzania, Colombia, Sri Lanka, the people were more human, more real.
    Anything you get in the western world will stink. Usually. It all stinks. Central bank shenanigans. Welfare states. High crime. Shallow politics. Fakery. Materialism. It all stinks.

Trump just has to surf that shit, he knows his shit, no billionaire is an idiot, it just ain't possible to be a billionaire and be stupid. He knows exactly his audience, and does what he needs to do. He's smart. He's tricky. And he's down to earth like the fireside chats. Obama was Mr. Phony Baloney Teleprompter
    ..... Trump is like your crazy great uncle, it's appealing, it's homey, it's cozy, it's real, it's impromptu, it's FUNNY, I mean really FUNNY, it's feel good, it's in your face, it's the KRYPTONITE FOR UPTIGHT, it's the Nemesis of PC Culture.

A few basic differences between us, I guess. One, I'm not nearly as doomsday or pessimistic about people as you seem to be. Outside the forum, I meet intelligent, bright, human, real people every day. It's not just one big "stink hole".... IMO.

Two... what you call Trump "knowing his shit", I call someone born with a silver spoon in his mouth who almost managed to fuck it all up more than once, amazing given what was given to him since birth.

"He knows his audience." So fucking what. This is the Presidency of the United States.... not a performing arts theater in Times Square.

"Down to earth"? You mean combative, with the ever-present boulder on his shoulder. Petty... picking fights with nobodies because oh they started it first. Egocentric... confusing loyalty with anyone who will kiss his wrinkled ass.

He appeals to the worst in people, and like the Pied Piper, his followers just lap it up.

Nemesis for the PC Culture. News flash: I'm a loud critic of the PC tidal wave that has overcome society. But to confuse being anti-PC with being a bigot, sexist, moronic, off-the-hip insult hurling bully......... well that's being just a taa-a-a-ad shortsighted.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sounds like you're getting just a taaaaaad judgemental but given your hatred and discussed I can easily understand that as I have many times done the same thing in my life. You see I am Fair. I understand The human condition. I understand rage I understand anger I understand human reactions and human behavior and I have compassion and mercy and empathy

I clearly understand your position. I just don't care too much for hold in such high importance most of the complaints that you're making about Trump. I can easily see how it would upset people however who do hold those things in high regard

I think Donald Trump is very very funny and very very honest and I also think he hits the nail on the head and a very down-to-earth streetwize Manor. That is something that Obama and other career politicians with shiny shoes and polished teleprompter phony personalities will never be able to do.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup Tittyfan is deffo not down with the PC shit man. He makes some very good points though. I was going to like his post but I am still awaiting permission from Chairman Kabong.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sounds like you're getting just a taaaaaad judgemental but given your hatred and discussed I can easily understand that as I have many times done the same thing in my life. You see I am Fair. I understand The human condition. I understand rage I understand anger I understand human reactions and human behavior and I have compassion and mercy and empathy

I clearly understand your position. I just don't care too much for hold in such high importance most of the complaints that you're making about Trump. I can easily see how it would upset people however who do hold those things in high regard

I think Donald Trump is very very funny and very very honest and I also think he hits the nail on the head and a very down-to-earth streetwize Manor. That is something that Obama and other career politicians with shiny shoes and polished teleprompter phony personalities will never be able to do.

Judgmental? Oh..... was it the "So fucking what" line? Was that what did it?

Let me give you a friendly tidbit on the English language, seeing as to how you being (cough, snicker)..... "French" and all.

Judgmental is not when someone's opinion differs from your own. That's just difference of opinion.

Hope this helps.

Also.... you (gag, hack) "understand the human condition"? You (these are all direct quotes, by the way)..... (muffled laugh)..... "have compassion and mercy and empathy"?

So tell me then...... this latest gem from Trump where he trashes a DEAD, former member of Congress, who also happened to be a war veteran..... in front of an adoring, brainwashed public..... cracking jokes of the dead.......

Does that qualify as compassion and mercy and empathy?

Please Br...... er......Fats..... don't make me trash your arguments.

I take no pleasure in ramming B.S. arguments into the ground.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Yup Tittyfan is deffo not down with the PC shit man. He makes some very good points though. I was going to like his post but I am still awaiting permission from Chairman Kabong.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judgmental? Oh..... was it the "So fucking what" line? Was that what did it?

Let me give you a friendly tidbit on the English language, seeing as to how you being (cough, snicker)..... "French" and all.

Judgmental is not when someone's opinion differs from your own. That's just difference of opinion.

Hope this helps.

Also.... you (gag, hack) "understand the human condition"? You (these are all direct quotes, by the way)..... (muffled laugh)..... "have compassion and mercy and empathy"?

So tell me then...... this latest gem from Trump where he trashes a DEAD, former member of Congress, who also happened to be a war veteran..... in front of an adoring, brainwashed public..... cracking jokes of the dead.......

Does that qualify as compassion and mercy and empathy?

Please Br...... er......Fats..... don't make me trash your arguments.

I take no pleasure in ramming B.S. arguments into the ground.
    When u said "...But to confuse being anti-PC with being a bigot, sexist, moronic, off-the-hip insult hurling bully......... well that's being just a taa-a-a-ad shortsighted."...... I thought you were judging me, but maybe I need the context wrong.

to answer your question I thought it was really funny when he said maybe that lady's husband was looking up instead of looking down. I think that is hysterical. If we cannot laugh at things like that we are taking life way too seriously. But that's just my opinion

Thread Information