Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ring Magazine cover

What are your thoughts on Rondy Roussey being on the Ring Magazine's cover? When I heard it I thought this was a horrible decision for several reasons. This is supposed to be the Bible of boxing and we have a fighter from another sport on it? When so many deserving boxers have never had their face on the cover. But on reading the editor's rationalization and the article itself I kinda get it. Maybe it is a coincidence but a later article in the same issue was pretty much a slam on Floyd.

What are the thoughts of anyone else who have read the issue? And before you ask, there is no centerfold if that makes a difference in your opinion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ring Magazine cover

I don't the mind the one cover too much, but I'm afraid this could set a precedent.
    It's called "The Ring"...... not "The Octagon".

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't tell you the last time I bought or read a Ring Magazine. Ronda being on the cover doesn't mean a thing to me, but I can understand why some boxing fans might be upset.
    I hope Ronda is keeping her eye on the ball because her life must seem like a whirlwind right now. She has been very focused and disciplined during her career but it seems like you can't get away from her image right now. I wouldn't want that kind of attention myself, what with me being a studious and intellectual type.
    Seriously, I hope she can hold it all together and keep winning. I like her, she's an amazing, new age (multitasking wiz), young, confident, serious, and good looking woman, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Initially the thought is... Truth is Ring fell off alooong time ago. The once respected rankings, contributors and Oscar lost the plot installing Broner #5 p4p. Plays like a desperate grab for attention or riding coattails off of the Floyd-Rousey bs. Its not boxing related and they need to stick to boxing and don't rent it out.

In fairness wasn't The Ring initially a 'Wrastlin publication? Guess its a return to roots of sorts. I remember Boxing Illustrated aka Boxing Digest doing full page articles on mma and Kimbo Slice in 07 or 08. It ceased publication three yrs later.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Initially the thought is... Truth is Ring fell off alooong time ago. The once respected rankings, contributors and Oscar lost the plot installing Broner #5 p4p. Plays like a desperate grab for attention or riding coattails off of the Floyd-Rousey bs. Its not boxing related and they need to stick to boxing and don't rent it out.

In fairness wasn't The Ring initially a 'Wrastlin publication? Guess its a return to roots of sorts. I remember Boxing Illustrated aka Boxing Digest doing full page articles on mma and Kimbo Slice in 07 or 08. It ceased publication three yrs later.
    The internet is killing them, who needs magazines when you can get it faster and more up to date on your smart phone at lunch or break time. That's just the way it is.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

The internet is killing them, who needs magazines when you can get it faster and more up to date on your smart phone at lunch or break time. That's just the way it is.
    Absolutely my friend, trying to stay current. Irony is prior to the instant info, we were calling the 900 numbers they advertised just to hear fight night results and counting on late articles for guys we never heard of

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a load of bollocks!!! It used to be a 'boxing magazine' once upon a time with great writers and Oscar fucked it all up because he's a fucking cheap double cock supreme with sprinkles and spunk sauce on top.

I'm sick of the sight of this bitch, popping up everywhere talking about tyson and Mayweather. I thought who the fuck is this tart? So I watched her last 3-4 fights on youtube, she's nothing special as a fighter, people just wonder what it would be like to ram it up her. End of.

Using her (undeserved) popularity to try and sell a boxing magazine is Oscar all over. way to fuck up a good thing you wankerish clown twat!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree.

MMA is a second tier sport (so is boxing, but there's more money in boxing). She seems like a good athlete, but I don't actually rate her skills that highly ..... Especially compared to someone like Mayweather.

She seems to be making her career about dissing Floyd all the time, and there are even some people who think she could be competitive with him. Ridiculous, and she would be seriously hurt if she got in the ring with a top 100 fighter.

Like it or not in this day and age, women are built differently than men. That's why the women's 100m world record is nowhere near then men's, even with doping! That's why women's soccer and rugby are much slower and less intense than men's.

There are many sports where I think women are better than men, gymnastics would be one, but boxing is not one of them.

I'm getting a bit bored of hearing Rousey mouthing off all the time. Still, it's not the first time that someone has built a few years on the back of bad mouthing Mayweather
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder if she will ever make the transition into boxing...

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If she was centerfold spread that would be good.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If she was centerfold spread that would be good.
    Lol

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I bought the ring when Tyson was on the cover think it was last year. I use to collect it religiously as it was the bible of boxing. Educated on the old fighters and good commentaries on the new fighters.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every year for my birthday my wife renews my subscription. I have been married forever so I have a good collection. I still think it is a good magazine even after Dela Hoya take over. I guess it makes up for me getting rid of my Playboy collection. Where, yes, there was a centerfold.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Get it right Oscar

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rondy Roussey lost in Australia by knock out?

Thread Information