Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vasyl Lomachenko v Richard Commey - 11/12/2021

Vasyl Lomachenko will take on Richard Commey at New York's iconic Madison Square Garden, as he steps up his pursuit of Teofimo Lopez.

The Ukrainian great, 33, will take on the Ghanaian on December 11 in his first fight since beating Masayoshi Nakatani in June.

It will be Lomachenko's second fight back on the comeback trail after his first-career defeat at lightweight - a loss to Lopez Jr.

And the pair will battle it out in the Big Apple - two years after Commey lost via TKO to Lopez Jr at MSG in New York in 2019.

A source close to Lomachenko's camp confirmed to GIVEMESPORT that 'Hi-Tech' will be back in action before the end of the year following an initial report from ESPN.

Hailing from Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi, Ukraine, Lomachenko, 33, is one of boxing's best pound for pound fighters and he has won world titles in three weight classes.

He boasts a record of 15 victories from 17 fights, while Commey enters the clash with a record of 27 wins and three defeats.

Speaking ahead of Anthony Joshua's fight vs. Oleksandr Usyk, the two-time Olympic gold medallist told iFL TV: "My next fight will be December 11 in New York, Madison Square Garden, with Richard Commey.

"Yeah of course I want rematch but nobody knows because today they are saying yes, tomorrow they are saying no, after tomorrow they are saying yes again, so we don't know.

"They have a fight, Lopez with [George] Kambosos, it's October, middle of October or beginning of October, and after that I think we will find out."

Lomachenko, who recently launched his very own fancy restaurant, was last seen in the ring in June when he beat Japanese star Nakatani by technical knockout.

And he still has his eyes firmly set on a rematch against Top Rank stablemate Lopez Jr.

But Lopez insists he has no interest in such a thing, saying: "Even the man himself said it, even Lomachenko said.

"He's fighting my leftovers, trying to redeem himself.

"It's cute that everyone thinks he's going to get me again.

"The way I look at it now? We're past that. We're looking at bigger and better things, like Josh Taylor.

"There will be no rematch.

"Had I lost, they would have never given me the opportunity, so I'm not doing it."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko v Richard Commey - 11/12/2021

Vasyl Lomachenko will be looking to set up a big year in 2022 when he takes on Richard Commey in New York this weekend.

Former WBA and WBO lightweight champion Lomachenko saw his career hit a major bump when he lost to Teofimo Lopez in October 2020.

The 33-year-old Ukrainian bounced back by seeing off Masayoshi Nakatani over the summer but he’ll need to put on a show against Commey if he is to set up another world title shot next year.

Commey, who is 30 and three in his career, also lost to Lopez recently and had to hit back by beating Jackson Marinez last time out.

Unbeaten heavyweight star Jared Anderson will be in action on the undercard as he takes on Oleksandr Teslenko.

The 12-round lightweight contest is set to take place on Saturday, December 11 at Madison Square Garden in New York.

The clash between Lomachenko and Commey should get underway from 4am on Sunday morning UK time.

Lomachenko vs Commey: How to watch
    This clash will also be broadcast on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Arena from 7:30pm.

Vasyl Lomachenko: “It is always special when I fight at Madison Square Garden, where so many great moments in my career have taken place.

“Richard Commey is a former world champion, an opponent I will not underestimate. I expect the best version of Commey, and I will be prepared for whatever he brings on December 11.”

Top Rank chairman Bob Arum: “It is only fitting that the great Lomachenko headlines boxing’s highly anticipated return to Madison Square Garden.

“However, Richard Commey can never be counted out, as he’s a tough fighter who carries huge power in both hands.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...ared-anderson/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vasiliy Lomachenko doubts George Kambosos Jr wants to fight him

Ukrainian superstar Vasiliy Lomachenko is "very happy" George Kambosos Jr beat Teofimo Lopez, and hopes to fight the new unified lightweight champion.

Lomachenko, 33, is preparing to fight Richard Commey on Saturday.

And the three-weight world champion then wants to reclaim the WBA, IBF and WBO titles he lost to Lopez last year.

Asked about a potential bout with Kambosos Jr, he told BBC Sport: "I want to fight him but the only question is, does he want to fight me?"

Kambosos Jr stunned Lopez on a split decision in New York to win the WBA (Super), WBO, IBF and Ring magazine lightweight titles.

Lomachenko said: "I was very happy that Kambosos Jr won the fight.

"I understand his feeling. You have won the gold and you've made it. It is an unbelievable feeling. I want to congratulate him."

Lomachenko had hoped for a rematch with Lopez after losing to him in October 2020, but the American was instead ordered to defend his belt against mandatory challenger Kambosos Jr, who produced one of the biggest boxing shocks of the year.

Lopez refused to accept the loss, believing he won 10 of the 12 rounds - but Lomachenko disagrees.

"He's young and aggressive but I think when he went home and he watched it again, he will have changed his mind," he said.

'I need to become undisputed champion'

Lomachenko returns to the ring with unfinished business.

After a brilliant amateur career - featuring 396 wins and one loss - he was considered one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world before losing to Lopez.

But he has recovered from setbacks before - going from defeat in just his second pro fight to win world titles at featherweight, super-featherweight and lightweight.

In his first fight back after losing to Lopez he crushed Masayoshi Nakatani, and victory over Commey at Madison Square Garden would put him back in the frame for a world title shot.

"I feel very focused and I can't wait to fight. I'm going to go in the ring and do what I do best," he said.

"I still need to become unified, undisputed champion."

The Oleksandr Usyk bond
    Lomachenko will look to draw inspiration from countryman Oleksandr Usyk, who he describes as a "very close friend".

Usyk, who is trained by Lomachenko's father and coach Anatoly, became the unified world heavyweight champion by dethroning Anthony Joshua in September.

Lomachenko was ringside at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, and said he was not surprised by Usyk's performance.

"I was very happy because he became champion. He reached the goal he was aiming for," he added.

"We are very close friends. He's the godfather of my son. I am godfather of his son."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/59540754

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love Loma’s willingness to push himself and fight the best. I’m really interested in watching him fight Kambosas if he beats Commey. I feel like all of the sparring experience with Manny will come in handy during that fight- should be a great one.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unless Lopez totally falls apart after his defeat I don't think lomachenko has much if a chance to hear him, the size and power difference looked too much last time out and it'd only be worse if it's at 140... Loma should just accept that defeat and beat however is Left at 135, I hope he gets the winner of kambosos v Haney. I also expect this to be a pretty easy win for him, although if comment is the guy I think he is, that git can punch .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don not think Teo Lopez will ever fight at the weight again. He will move up.

Loma may want to beat the person who beat him if he gets the chance.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Keyshawn Davis is the future champ of 135. Mark it down. It is a certainty

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Keyshawn Davis is the future champ of 135. Mark it down. It is a certainty
    He looked very sharp that accuracy is real.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top Rank loaded this card. Not with good fights but with future stars. If you want to see the future pay attention.

Anderson is a star coming too

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like Anderson hate the nickname and gimmicks . Again real early padding here but dude is fluid and nice mini showcase. How Ajagba is still ranked and Anderson is nowhere to be found is nuts.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny hearing them talk about the over under being 9.5 rounds. I took the under about 10 minutes ago.

Commey froze up so badly last time he was on a big stage. I see him as only here as a sacrifice. And if he happens to land a big shot I have the under

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Like Anderson hate the nickname and gimmicks . Again real early padding here but dude is fluid and nice mini showcase. How Ajagba is still ranked and Anderson is nowhere to be found is nuts.
    The division is so crap. You have a guy with genuinely talented hands(can fight ortho or southpaw) and he’s too much for this division. Add patience and power. Hard to say patience when he’s getting guys out quickly but his last fight showed patience. Chopped the tree down. Never know this young what a guy will be when he meets top 10 but below top 10 is garbage.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah gheesh here we go with Arum. Tyson Fury singing will last longer than half of the early fights

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I turned it off for that horribly cringe singing.

Come back and it’s back to being a Loma celebration. Rather that a match. Loma making it very clear he still doesn’t intend to fight Haney. I get it, long, fast, with(most important) fast feet. Bad matchup. Loma says nobody calls him out but Haney has been calling him out for years.

I want to like Loma, but he sits there and lies. Haney doesn’t lie. Who am I going to root for, he determines it

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury is lit like a Christmas tree. They've dropped his live mic about 20 times so far

Thread Information