Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default would this work?

Im gonna be joining the us navy, I wanna travle the world and stuff, Does anyone know if this would give me a good chance to train in like bjj or boxing and other things? cause I was thinking about trying to get stationed in japan or brazil or europe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: would this work?

About the only way it would help would be to get you into shape and move you somewhere other than where you live. But in all reality, you'll learn the most important martial art of all: Firearms.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cring
    Im gonna be joining the us navy, I wanna travle the world and stuff, Does anyone know if this would give me a good chance to train in like bjj or boxing and other things? cause I was thinking about trying to get stationed in japan or brazil or europe
    be a spy and learn all that lethal merc stuff.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cring
    It all depends on your post and your leadership. One of my former NCO's was a former cage fighter and we worked BJJ all the time, but since he has moved on my squad almost never does. Some army posts have combative centers that offer all sorts of classes for soldiers, and some posts don't have any. I have to work on my BJJ on my own with a few workout partners. If you want to travel the world and serve your country then join the Navy, but don't do it b/c you are looking for some good training. And if you haven't looked at the Airforce yet you should. I'm in the Army and I can tell you that no one lives better than the AirForce boys.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

us marines call them airforce faggots.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only reason people join the Marines is b/c they want to be a Marine. Great branch with awesome espirit de corp and history, but it has the smallest budget, worst and oldest facilities, most difficult to promote in, harder to get a specific job, no bonuses, and its marines are not as well equiped as other branches. All that being said they kicked ass in Fallujah and they got the best looking uniform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never understood the difference between the marines and the army.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash
    I never understood the difference between the marines and the army.
    The Marines fall under the Department of the Navy. Historically they were armed soldiers aboard ships of war. Without some very powerful alumni they probably would have been gotten rid of, but they are still here and continue to prove themselves in combat. They also have some specific duties such as guarding embassies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Basically, if you want to go and fight the enemy, join the marines. If you want to stand around and get shot at, join the army (unless you'll be joining any spec forces).
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont care about being in what branch I want to know if travling the world would increse my chances of learning or expriencing mma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, the way I see it, MMA is becoming so big in America, that really no matter where you live, you can get the proper training, and be within a few hours driving distance of an event-holding venue. It might increase your chances a little bit if you were stationed in Japan, Brazil or possibly Hawaii (where MMA is apparently becoming huge), but I wouldnt say enough so to warrant joining the armed forces on its own. But if you're gonna do it anyway, and can get stationed in one of those places, it certainly wouldnt hurt.

I have a friend who teaches and competes in BJJ, and teaches "MMA" classes, and he has quite a few students who travel a few hours a couple times a week from Camp Lejeune (I live in Central, NC...Lejeune is way out east somewhere...between 4-5 hours, depending on how you drive).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

civilian units are good for me!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy D
    Basically, if you want to go and fight the enemy, join the marines. If you want to stand around and get shot at, join the army (unless you'll be joining any spec forces).
    I think what you mean is if you want to go into combat with hand me down equipment that is behind the times join the marines if you want the most advanced and top of the line equipment join the Army. Funny you mention standing around. Everyday my unit rolled out the gate on patrols there was a group of Marines standing around guarding the embassy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha...I'll take your word for it. I'm just going off the word of my family and friends in the Corps that are serving in Iraq right now. From what they tell me, they go off on all sorts of patrols and on those offensives, while the Army stays at home in their bases. Although, knowing corpsmen, it's probably just that branch rivalry crap. Either way, cheers to all you guys. If you're serving, you're a better man than I (unless my girl leaves me, in which case I'm takin the first plane to Iraq [or more likely Iran or S Korea by that point])

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well there is a certain truth to it, only b/c the Marines don't bring support troops and the Army does. There are alot of support army people who never leave the FOB(forward operating base), that being said all of the combat arms people spend alot of time outside the wire.

Thread Information