Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch vs bute or calzaghe vs lacy

Which one was more impressive and which is better bute or lacy?

Bearing in mind that froch has faced tougher competition in a much smaller period of time AND fights overseas whenever and whatever!
    Love this guy for that.

But calzaghe is a great boxer with excellent movement and speed and nearly pulled out of the fight on a few occasions due to injury until warren convinced him it will be okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vs bute or calzaghe vs lacy

Easily Froch vs Bute...Lacy was totally overhyped and is not a good boxer...Bute is decent enough but chinny...in a rematch Froch would win again...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    Easily Froch vs Bute...Lacy was totally overhyped and is not a good boxer...Bute is decent enough but chinny...in a rematch Froch would win again...
    The same has been said of Bute since the Froch fight. You have to think back to when Lacy was champ, he was hyped to fuck yes, Calzaghe was a big underdog and Lacy was the next Tyson. It was a bigger shock/reality check than Froch over Bute. Lacy hadnt been knocked out already.

There was more than a hint to sane people that Froch was too strong for Bute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    The same has been said of Bute since the Froch fight. You have to think back to when Lacy was champ, he was hyped to fuck yes, Calzaghe was a big underdog and Lacy was the next Tyson. It was a bigger shock/reality check than Froch over Bute. Lacy hadnt been knocked out already.

There was more than a hint to sane people that Froch was too strong for Bute.
    I agree it was the bigger shocker than But Froch,but Frochs win was more impressive because Bute is a much better boxer than Lacy was and Frochs skills don't come near Calzaghes...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This forum is full of threads that were created simply to give Calzaghe a virtual blow job. Froch has a good amount of similiar threads as well. And now a thread where both can get sucked on at the same time.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe/Lacy by far. Bute was and is pants. Lacy had a chin, and stayed until the end. The shoulder ruined Lacy who was game and who everyone picked. Hindsight makes everyone forget that. They all picked him.

Froch was very good too, but Bute was already done by Andrade. A fish out of water.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute was totally over hyped

arguably to the same level as lacy
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

At the time of their fight, Calzaghe was the underdog, whereas Froch and Bute were even at the time of their clash. However, I think that was because Jeff Lacy looked the part, even if he wasn't the part. Many people thought Froch would win and he met their expectations with a dominant KO victory. Many people thought Calzaghe would be crushed and he vastly exceeded their expectations with his sadistic thrashing of Lacy. In terms of exceeding expectations with a career-defining victory, Calzaghe wins.

However, in terms of beating a superior opponent, Froch wins hands down in my opinion. Lucian Bute is much better than Jeff Lacy. Dominant wins over Brian Magee, Sakio Bika, Glen Johnson, Kabrary Salem and Librado Andrade are better than anything on Jeff Lacy's record by far. Bute was also a champion for five years with over 10 defenses of his title, between 2007 and 2012. It's not really comparable. What's Jeff Lacy's best win? Robin Reid?
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 11-07-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would lacy beat bute?
    Probably not.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd have to go Froch/Bute. Bute was more accomplished at this time than Lacy was IMO.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

At the time of their fight, Calzaghe was the underdog, whereas Froch and Bute were even at the time of their clash. However, I think that was because Jeff Lacy looked the part, even if he wasn't the part. Many people thought Froch would win and he met their expectations with a dominant KO victory. Many people thought Calzaghe would be crushed and he vastly exceeded their expectations with his sadistic thrashing of Lacy. In terms of exceeding expectations with a career-defining victory, Calzaghe wins.

However, in terms of beating a superior opponent, Froch wins hands down in my opinion. Lucian Bute is much better than Jeff Lacy. Dominant wins over Brian Magee, Sakio Bika, Glen Johnson, Kabrary Salem and Librado Andrade are better than anything on Jeff Lacy's record by far. Bute was also a champion for five years with over 10 defenses of his title, between 2007 and 2012. It's not really comparable. What's Jeff Lacy's best win? Robin Reid?
    i agree with a lot of your points and i suppose vitally i agree that bute is/was better than lacy at the time of the fights

bute was massively over rated tho, lots and lots of people had him as the best SMW in the division, and the vast majority had him above froch, he was definately the favourite going into the fight

on here it seemed that only the die hard froch fans thought froch could win
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute was more talented and has the better resume however u could argue he was already exposed as a talented but vulnerable fighter by Andrade! Lacy was ruined by calzaghe and i would stake my house that had he never met calzaghe he would still be operating today and would have taken some scalps! Calzaghe is league's above froch in every sense of the word no matter how much u try to pump carls resume up...

I bet most ppl dumbing lacy down picked him to beat JC at the time. Post calzaghe lacy was a ruined fighter\man! Fact. I am a froch fan too though...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also rate Calzaghe higher, but Froch is on a nice run himself. Credit is due.

I was, and am, a big Bute fan. I don't think losing to Froch makes him overrated. Who else has beat Bute? Even if you count Andrade I as a Bute loss, Bute dominated 10/12 rounds in that fight, and avenged the last two rounds with a vicious body shot knockout in their rematch. Froch was, and is, the consensus number two in the division.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL VD that is true.

I was more impressed with Joe beating Kessler because that has stood out as a proper legacy fight as Mikell was a far better fighter. So it would be true to say that Bute may still achieve some success and become a better fighter than Lacy. So too early to say.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information