Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Peter Fury talks about Tyson pulling out, Tysons wife also had a miscarriage.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Peter Fury talks about Tyson pulling out, Tysons wife also had a miscarriage.

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    We can agree on one thing, getting put on your arse by an old cruiser, having to use your considerable size advantage to maul him for several rounds and then still having to resort to grappling his guard down and literally pushing his head up are what I would also call 'pissing about'.

The way he was clowning about before getting dropped hard... That's how focused peter fury gets him?! Wow.
    Shows how much you follow things.

The reason I bought that fight up is Fury is the only man to destroy Cunningham even though Cunningham has since beaten a so called dangerous fighter in Mansour.

He did this without Peter in his corner or with him all fit week as Peter is not allowed in America because of his past.

Had Peter been there to keep him calm and focussed the knock down wouldnt have happened because he wouldnt have kept dropping his guard dicking around and hed have got to Cunningham sooner. The fact he can batter a world champ who stopped Huck and got robbed against Adamek him while acting the pratt is testiment to how dangerous a fighter Fury is.

Haye recognised this which is why he wants none of Fury.

does this mean fury will dick about every time he fights in America?
    Peter has said hes had positive feedback on getting a work visa in the future. Otherwise it would be Canada.

bit funny that tho innit

couldn't he have learned from his mistake?
    They have. Dont let Tyson fight without Peter.....

Not that knocking out Cunningham was a mistake.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Peter Fury talks about Tyson pulling out, Tysons wife also had a miscarriage.

We can agree on one thing, getting put on your arse by an old cruiser, having to use your considerable size advantage to maul him for several rounds and then still having to resort to grappling his guard down and literally pushing his head up are what I would also call 'pissing about'.

The way he was clowning about before getting dropped hard... That's how focused peter fury gets him?! Wow.
    Shows how much you follow things.

The reason I bought that fight up is Fury is the only man to destroy Cunningham even though Cunningham has since beaten a so called dangerous fighter in Mansour.

He did this without Peter in his corner or with him all fit week as Peter is not allowed in America because of his past.

Had Peter been there to keep him calm and focussed the knock down wouldnt have happened because he wouldnt have kept dropping his guard dicking around and hed have got to Cunningham sooner. The fact he can batter a world champ who stopped Huck and got robbed against Adamek him while acting the pratt is testiment to how dangerous a fighter Fury is.

Haye recognised this which is why he wants none of Fury.

does this mean fury will dick about every time he fights in America?
    Peter has said hes had positive feedback on getting a work visa in the future. Otherwise it would be Canada.

bit funny that tho innit

couldn't he have learned from his mistake?
    They have. Dont let Tyson fight without Peter.....

Not that knocking out Cunningham was a mistake.

interesting fellow isn't he tyson
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still not sure what to make of it all.

Part of me want's to muse at the irony of it all (on a number of levels) but I have genuine concern for the guy. If anything, this could be a big problem for Tyson's psyche.

Of course his actions are totally acceptable but in terms of the way the world works, I feel he has really took a wrong turn here.

I mean, lets look as Tyson from a psychological standpoint - Prior to this, the guy was pretty much clean. As much BS as the guy spouted ( It was normal for him to make unfounded accusations, remarks and predictions) as long as he fought and won, everything was vindicated and validated. Tyson for all his absurdity, felt that he could afford to take the moral high-ground in any instance he chose to open his mouth. He could do this before as it was from a standpoint that 'I don't disappoint', I fight, I win and most importantly I have no excuses.

So with fury now having back-tracked on himself in such a complicated and seemingly peculiar way, means he has lost something very solid in his mental foundation that is attached to something very real. The cruel reality (and the long and short) of it is that this put's him in a wide-open (and new) position of having his credentials (and minerals) questioned for not fighting Ustinov. This in turn now leaves the door open for Fury's personal life to be dragged into the ring with, potentially for every fight from now on.

I mean, I hope and expect that the majority of his opponents have more respect and class that he does (he wouldn't miss a trick) and leaves his personal life out of the equation but you just know there is going to be one at least one opponent that will stick the knife in and twist it just to get into Tyson's head.

Where as before, Tyson was validating himself with every fight, he is now potentially faced with validating the death of his uncle and unborn child. That's a lot for a man who I honestly feel is more style than substance in the ''I am'' department (if that makes sense?... I think I mean his ego!?).

No would dare Twist the knife on the ''real'' Tyson, as he took his similar grief into the ring in one of the most assertive ways imaginable. I hope Fury proves me wrong and comes out like a true champion should. Fighters fight.

(Good luck Tyson, my thoughts and wishes are with you)
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I think we have lost some perspective here, if the guys child miscarried, his uncle is in hospital and his coach wants to pull out, then most right minded people would have done so.

Fighters have pulled out of fights at short notice for hundreds of years, for more minor reasons than these ones.
    Fury is just getting a dose of his own medicine. He has no sympathy for other fighters.

"When I say I'm going to fight, I fight. I would fight with no eyes. There was nothing going to keep me out of that ring on Saturday.

"I'm knocking this big lummox clean out," added Fury. "Men like me fight anyone at any notice. I don't need a training camp to fight him.

"All heavyweights are w**k! I'd fight them all with one day's notice, never mind six-month training camps. I'm going to knock this fella into next week."

Read more at Tyson Fury rules out future fight with 's***house' Dereck Chisora and targets WBC champion Bermane S | Boxing News | ESPN.co.uk

This was two days before the fight. You can't speak like this and not expect to get stick when you pull out.
    Doesn't this sum up everything we are saying about fury ? Why say all this , show no class , and then pull out of a fight ?
    Fenster I doubt the blinded fury bandwagon will respond to this excellent bit of FACT .

FACT!
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 08-05-2014 at 05:58 PM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    Fury's behaviour is very inconsistent...

His Wife miscarriages after Chisora has pulled out. That seems like a perfect time not to fight, something has devastated your wife AND you've already lost your opponent... But no, he not only lets his wife deal with it alone and ACTIVELY seeks a new opponent?

He's either extremely dedicated or not quite the family man he claims.

Pulling out when there is no fight because of Chis, it's DAYS till the fight and your wife needs you? Nobody would bat an eye, he's technically not even pulling out.

And tarmac drives and paths badly

Pulling out HOURS before a fight that you've turned your back on your wife to pursue because you're a 'family man'?
    Its that on top of his uncle nearly dying...

It would have been Peter who put a hold on Tyson not fighting as he wasnt prepared to go to a fight over being with his brother. It would have also affected Tyson, maybe hes strong enough to hold it together and focus on the job at hand but without his coach there to boot?
    FFS!

Is this now a soap opera? Big Fat Gypsy fight bottlers? He said she said, bring on Vicky Pollard for up to date news!!!

LMAO as the kids say, what are you arguing about..... RU serious?

Pikeys tell lies, learn to live with it...
    And tarmac drives n paths badly

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I think we have lost some perspective here, if the guys child miscarried, his uncle is in hospital and his coach wants to pull out, then most right minded people would have done so.

Fighters have pulled out of fights at short notice for hundreds of years, for more minor reasons than these ones.
    Fury is just getting a dose of his own medicine. He has no sympathy for other fighters.

"When I say I'm going to fight, I fight. I would fight with no eyes. There was nothing going to keep me out of that ring on Saturday.

"I'm knocking this big lummox clean out," added Fury. "Men like me fight anyone at any notice. I don't need a training camp to fight him.

"All heavyweights are w**k! I'd fight them all with one day's notice, never mind six-month training camps. I'm going to knock this fella into next week."

Read more at Tyson Fury rules out future fight with 's***house' Dereck Chisora and targets WBC champion Bermane S | Boxing News | ESPN.co.uk

This was two days before the fight. You can't speak like this and not expect to get stick when you pull out.
    Doesn't this sum up everything we are saying about fury ? Why say all this , show no class , and then pull out of a fight ?
    Fenster I doubt the blinded fury bandwagon will respond to this excellent bit of FACT .

FACT!
    You can say what you want about fighting through physical pain barriers or not being afraid to fight any man but try going to work the next day after your baby dies and your uncle goes on life support.

Or how about being called a coward by idiots who have never boxed but like to talk as if they know all about it on the internet. Ironic that eh?

It was the Furys that asked for another fight to be made when they heard about Chisora pulling out on the Saturday. It wasn't Warren ramming it down their throat. The Furys picked Ustinov.

Your so blinded by a weird irrational hate, you don't want to accept that it is beyond reasonable that someone should not go in to work in those circumstances.

Most of what Tyson says in the lead up to a fight is to sell the fight. Hes one of the few fighters who can get people talking. You have to take what he says tongue in cheek or with a pinch of salt. I remember a few in here instantly believing him about the 80/20 split in his favour for the Haye fight, just so many rabbid morons waiting to get there teeth in to anything negative Tyson Fury. Some will not back down now, like a dog with a bone, they have been given something to chew and are now reluctant to let it go even though its not just words its lives this time.
    Last edited by ross; 08-05-2014 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Still not sure what to make of it all.

Part of me want's to muse at the irony of it all (on a number of levels) but I have genuine concern for the guy. If anything, this could be a big problem for Tyson's psyche.

Of course his actions are totally acceptable but in terms of the way the world works, I feel he has really took a wrong turn here.

I mean, lets look as Tyson from a psychological standpoint - Prior to this, the guy was pretty much clean. As much BS as the guy spouted ( It was normal for him to make unfounded accusations, remarks and predictions) as long as he fought and won, everything was vindicated and validated. Tyson for all his absurdity, felt that he could afford to take the moral high-ground in any instance he chose to open his mouth. He could do this before as it was from a standpoint that 'I don't disappoint', I fight, I win and most importantly I have no excuses.

So with fury now having back-tracked on himself in such a complicated and seemingly peculiar way, means he has lost something very solid in his mental foundation that is attached to something very real. The cruel reality (and the long and short) of it is that this put's him in a wide-open (and new) position of having his credentials (and minerals) questioned for not fighting Ustinov. This in turn now leaves the door open for Fury's personal life to be dragged into the ring with, potentially for every fight from now on.

I mean, I hope and expect that the majority of his opponents have more respect and class that he does (he wouldn't miss a trick) and leaves his personal life out of the equation but you just know there is going to be one at least one opponent that will stick the knife in and twist it just to get into Tyson's head.

Where as before, Tyson was validating himself with every fight, he is now potentially faced with validating the death of his uncle and unborn child. That's a lot for a man who I honestly feel is more style than substance in the ''I am'' department (if that makes sense?... I think I mean his ego!?).

No would dare Twist the knife on the ''real'' Tyson, as he took his similar grief into the ring in one of the most assertive ways imaginable. I hope Fury proves me wrong and comes out like a true champion should. Fighters fight.

(Good luck Tyson, my thoughts and wishes are with you)
    Good post and yes your right the general attitude by the typical "fan" (if we are to base the typical fan on Saddo posters) is that "so what your baby died, so what your uncle nearly died and is still in a coma, you could have still fought".

Its embarrassing that the majority of posts after what has been explained are still mindlessly derogatory and from moderators too. Doesn't say much for the site really. Its maybe understandable to take the piss initially (before being told the facts) after what Tyson has said but not now. Now is time to hope his uncle comes out of a coma and that Tyson, Paris and their family have some understanding.
    Last edited by ross; 08-05-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All things considered, I wouldn't worry too much about that. People talk one thing but think another.

I honestly thought his Uncle had died. My mistake.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 08-05-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    All things considered, I wouldn't worry too much about that. People talk one thing but think another.

I honestly thought his Uncle had died. My mistake.
    Still in a coma.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson didn't pull out of the fight when his wife miscarriaged, he renegotiated another deal. Anyone that doesn't believe that is calling Peter Fury a liar.

I haven't seen anyone wish ill will on his uncle or his wife. The only people embarrassing themselves are the ones that believe this man is above criticism. If his uncle being ill was serious enough to stop him fighting then so be it. What is possibly disrespectful about that? @ross

I find Tyson entertaining in and out of the ring.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson didn't pull out of the fight when his wife miscarriaged, he renegotiated another deal. Anyone that doesn't believe that is calling Peter Fury a liar.

I haven't seen anyone wish ill will on his uncle or his wife. The only people embarrassing themselves are the ones that believe this man is above criticism. If his uncle being ill was serious enough to stop him fighting then so be it. What is possibly disrespectful about that? @ross

What are you criticising him for?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where have I criticised him? I've merely said that a person that is abusive/rude/disrespectful must be able to take it as well as give it. Why would you expect people to have sympathy for a man that constantly slags the living shit out of others?

You seem to be upset that there's not an outpouring of emotion for poor Tyson because his uncle is ill and his wife miscarriaged. Tyson's personal life clearly affects you more than others.

Nothing i've said is derogatory.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where have I criticised him? I've merely said that a person that is abusive/rude/disrespectful must be able to take it as well as give it. Why would you expect people to have sympathy for a man that constantly slags the living shit out of others?

You seem to be upset that there's not an outpouring of emotion for poor Tyson because his uncle is ill and his wife miscarriaged. Tyson's personal life clearly affects you more than others.

Nothing i've said is derogatory.
    Ok, what are others criticising him for?

There is a time and place for abuse and losing lives is not one of them. Pulling out for "injuries" is another matter. Your only dealing with the fighter, not the family.

Im not upset theres no outpouring of emotion. Almost the opposite. The outpouring of bile regardless of the excuse to pour it.

I am yet to see Tyson "slag" anyone whos baby has died, or whos uncle is in a coma.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sad situation for Fury.

Different people react differently in certain situation. Buster Douglas was inspired, Oliver McCall had a mental breakdown in the ring.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Sad situation for Fury.

Different people react differently in certain situation. Buster Douglas was inspired, Oliver McCall had a mental breakdown in the ring.
    Difference with Douglass is his mum dying was weeks before, not days (baby) and hours ( uncle).

Buster had time to process and use it as inspiration.

Thread Information