Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ricky fought bravely.

Share/Bookmark
    KostyaTszyuTeam Guest

Default Ricky fought bravely.

Ricky Hatton fought bravely, and trained hard. He was knocked down twice, but tried to do his best. He lost to the best p4p fighter in the world. The better fighter won on the night. Although the lasting images were of an embarrassing and humbling defeat, Ricky had the courage to cop it sweet and not give excuses. Although it wasn't meant to be, not many guys can be even be in a position to fight for the p4p rating until the end..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB-A46LqgWg
    Last edited by KostyaTszyuTeam; 05-23-2009 at 08:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ricky fought bravely.

Quote Originally Posted by KostyaTszyuTeam View Post
    Ricky Hatton fought bravely, and trained hard. He was knocked down twice, but tried to do his best. He lot to the best p4p fighter in the world. The better fighter won on the night. Although it wasn't meant to be, not many guys can be even be in a position to fight for the p4p rating until the end..
    Its gone mate move on, this fight is history.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I make a distinction between brave and reckless. There were smarter ways to be brave.

KostyaTszyuTeam Guest

I still reckon Hatton is good enough to beat some other guys holding belts at 140. I mean one of them now is Urango, a guy he already beat. The other two...who are they exactly. He should have two good fights, one for a major belt, cash in, then call it quits with some pride retiring as a world titlist.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He could do if he still has any drive left in him. Hopefully all this PFP talk is done and dusted now. A couple of decent fights to see him out would be nice. Part of me would like to see Hatton go out with a win or two, but part of me worries about what might materialise. Won't be good to go out on a losing streak like Gatti did.

KostyaTszyuTeam Guest

If he wants to avoid the argument that his win over an OLD Tszyu wasn't beating a man at the right time, and beating a p4p top 3 guy doesn't make you a p4p top 3 guy, he needs to do some more. Forget the p4p no1 fighter fantasy, beat some other good guys and get back some respect, as most the boxing world think he had a lucky night with an old man now. Show some guts and pride and get off the floor. I think he can win some good fights still, if he has the drive as you say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he wants to avoid the argument that his win over an OLD Tszyu wasn't beating a man at the right time, and beating a p4p top 3 guy doesn't make you a p4p top 3 guy, he needs to do some more. Forget the p4p no1 fighter fantasy, beat some other good guys and get back some respect, as most the boxing world think he had a lucky night with an old man now. Show some guts and pride and get off the floor. I think he can win some good fights still, if he has the drive as you say.
    Who has said that beating Kosta made him number 3? Have you still not got over the fact Kosta lost it was four years ago, please get over it.

Hatton who i dont like that much to be honest had the guts to fight the best, Kosta never came back, i dont like to disrespect Kosta as he is a great fighter and guy but he never re matched Vince Phillips quit on his stool, you could maybe go and give some of your advice to your man about comig back and gaining some respect. At the end of the day he quit.

KostyaTszyuTeam Guest

He QUIT. The thing is he knew when to Quit. De La Hoya on the other hand quit with a whimper, at least Tszyu put up a fight. Look at Tyson, quit like a jelly fish, and sat on the floor. Mosely needed steroids to beat De La Hoya in the rematch.

I'd take Quitting at 35 anyday over being smashed by a flyweight. Look I was just stirring the pot. I hope Ricky has a couple of more fights, and wins a title and retires with abit more respect. I think he can do better, and gthe gameplan Mayweather had fpor him was a disgrace. I actually blame the trainer, not Hatton. What a joke of a gameplan was that. The man was trying to turn him into a comoletely different fighter. Infact, it was Mayweather who got KOed inside 2. Ricky just happened to be Mayweathers victim. Pacquiao KOed Mayweather and his dumb ass theories inside 2

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He QUIT. The thing is he knew when to Quit. De La Hoya on the other hand quit with a whimper, at least Tszyu put up a fight. Look at Tyson, quit like a jelly fish, and sat on the floor. Mosely needed steroids to beat De La Hoya in the rematch.

I'd take Quitting at 35 anyday over being smashed by a flyweight. Look I was just stirring the pot. I hope Ricky has a couple of more fights, and wins a title and retires with abit more respect. I think he can do better, and gthe gameplan Mayweather had fpor him was a disgrace. I actually blame the trainer, not Hatton. What a joke of a gameplan was that. The man was trying to turn him into a comoletely different fighter. Infact, it was Mayweather who got KOed inside 2. Ricky just happened to be Mayweathers victim. Pacquiao KOed Mayweather and his dumb ass theories inside 2
    DLH was 36 and had gone down in weight, and was already showing signs of decline, Tszyu on the other hand had just blasted out Mitchell in 3, and then when Hatton whooped him he was labeled "old and shot" , give me a break quitting is quitting and if anything Tszyu quitting is worse for the same reason that it was a competitive fight and going into the final round he just said, fuck it, DLH was way behind and had a long way to go, way not to show favoritism buddy

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky Hatton fought bravely, and trained hard. He was knocked down twice, but tried to do his best. He lost to the best p4p fighter in the world. The better fighter won on the night. Although the lasting images were of an embarrassing and humbling defeat, Ricky had the courage to cop it sweet and not give excuses. Although it wasn't meant to be, not many guys can be even be in a position to fight for the p4p rating until the end..
    All he's done is make excuses. Mayweather being late is what cost him the fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"protect yourselves at all times"

Both Ricky and Manny fought bravely. But one of them disobeyed Kenny Bayless' last minute instruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There were plenty of excuses floating around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky fought stupidly.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those people who chose that line are detractors from boxing and from their own ex heros.
    Kostya said he had never felt better comming into fight Ricky Hatton. Ask him, hes still an honest man.
    We could rehash Kostyas win over the ageing Mexican great too, but why go there? He took the risk and payed for taking on the strongest up and commer of the time as did Kostya.
    Ricky fought the fight of life the night he beat Kostya.

You know when Kostya fought the fight of his life?
    It was against the German Urkal cause that fight held his whole future against Zab. Zab got the easy draw and won a one sider. He was lucky Kostya eventually finished him early or he would of been in a fight simular to what Urkal experienced and would have been busted up beyond belief.

Hatton is the same here, a lucky man, he got let off from a massive beat down.

Thats why you have to like Kostya too when men fought his fight but were stronger and beat him at his own game he went as long as he could ,no holding on to survive no dancing and boxing a different fight (that we knew he was capable of from his amature dismateling of people without getting hit): Kostya just wanted to know who was best at the bang up and fought that way to the end.

His dad stopped him from refighting Phillips by the way.
    Phillips also fought the fight of his life that night.
    Kostya knew that the score was exactly the same (as did his corner) when he fought Ricky. Age had a little bit to do with it, but so did hunger and the grit to bite it for the future. Ricky wasnt lucky that night he just fought the best fight of his life too; he took some massive shots that had stopped other no so large 140's dead in their tracks.
    Thats life.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

KostyaTszyuTeam Guest

Hatton looks like a corpse lying there. It was actually quite embarrassing having the little Phillipino turn you from a hard man, down on all fours..The higher you go, the worse the fall many a time..He can fight and win another title, and after those images, he'd be relishing that.....anything but that!! Ricky Hatton demolished! " Bring Me To Life " by evanescence

Thread Information