Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default so I had to have my dog put down

She went on Tuesday, I wasn't there but I knew it was coming, she had diabetes and would she'd lost her sight and hearing, it got to the point where she had no quality of life.

I've managed to hold it together, I knew that when I saw her last Saturday I probably wouldn't see her again, even though I haven't lived at home for 6 years she was still my dog, she was my best friend.

She used to sleep with me, I used to roll home pissed out of my skull and I'd sit on the floor and eat dog biscuits with her at 4am, she hated fizzy pop, she loved nuts, her name was belle but we called her the goose, she was my fucking dog

any way, here is the greatest fucking dog that has ever lived (I'm in fucking tears typing this at the moment)

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: so I had to have my dog put down

That sucks man, they are such great creatures. I went with my mom to do the same with our family dog years ago, hadn't lived at home in ages either but it was my friend I grew up with and I was bawling the whole day. Have a dog of my own now who is going to live to be the same age I do damnit

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Horrible, mate. Sorry about your friend
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry bud. As hard as it is its nice to see caring pet owners doing everything possible and making informed thought out decisions on their behalf. Every few weeks I see some come in where owners push for it based on matters of economics or conveniences and its all I can do not to hit them with a chair after telling em how selfish they are. Not everyone deserves to call a dog a family member, she was blessed to have ya man and know its more than mutual.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry for your loss.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    She went on Tuesday, I wasn't there but I knew it was coming, she had diabetes and would she'd lost her sight and hearing, it got to the point where she had no quality of life.

I've managed to hold it together, I knew that when I saw her last Saturday I probably wouldn't see her again, even though I haven't lived at home for 6 years she was still my dog, she was my best friend.

She used to sleep with me, I used to roll home pissed out of my skull and I'd sit on the floor and eat dog biscuits with her at 4am, she hated fizzy pop, she loved nuts, her name was belle but we called her the goose, she was my fucking dog

any way, here is the greatest fucking dog that has ever lived (I'm in fucking tears typing this at the moment)

I am sorry for your loss however you did the right thing , all the wonderful years you shared with your dog will soon overpower the month or so of heartache.
    Anybody who thinks it is strange to be so upset over the loss of a pet simply hasn't experienced it .
    Keep your chin up my friend and trust me the pain will ease soon.
    For what its worth she looks like a cracking little dog.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A pet becomes a member of the family our old Lab is 13 this year old, still going strong , many people are upset when there pet dies , they are missed it's only natural.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Batman, you really stat some happy and cheerful threads on here if it is not drinking alone or having no family for Christmas, it is this one.

Play some more guitar and make some happy music.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sad stuff, pets become friends to us. Unconditional love is what they give us.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Sad stuff, pets become friends to us. Unconditional love is what they give us.
    Except for cats. They are selfish bastards.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a sweet heart. Beautiful dog man. My first was an airdale/lab. 17 when I took her in. The morning of the day she acted like a puppy. Running etc etc. She had lost control and would walk up and pee in the living room.
    I still second guess myself 25 years later. She was my first dog I had all to myself. I cried like a child. It still makes me well up typing this. I get auto flashbacks immediately. My first cat lived to be 31. I should have put him down 2 years before I did. I thought it might be a record but a cat in Britain made it to 39.

My last dog I had to put down was just 5 years ago. I had the vet come to my house for the extra 50 bucks. I'll always do that now if possible. So much more comfortable for all concerned. The last act of taking the pet to the vet to be put down seems wrong to me now. At home on his favourite spot is what I'll do for now on. My two dogs now are a handful but I love them dearly. I'd die for them.

I'll never forget a bumper sticker I saw once. "The more people I meet, the more I love my dog"

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a lot of dogs. I've had to see one go and it was horrible. Condolences mate.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel your pain my friend. My dog was my best friend I ever had. She had cancer and had to put her to sleep. A part of me was lost that day. We still have her ashes. I told my wife when I go I want our ashes put together and put out in the back yard where we played together. I didn't cry when my mother and father died. I cried for a week when my best friend died.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sad stuff they are family, thats all there is to it, all the best mate.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information