Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Thread: Name that overlooking governing body.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Name that overlooking governing body.

The one thing missing from the "sport" of boxing.

Alphabet titles being controlled, necessary to the future of the "sport".

I dedicated my teenage and adult life to the boxing game, Some of you know me on here, but don't know the hours daily I put into the history of boxing, or maybe you do.

I stay off this site a lot because I need a month, or six, or a year to just look at what happens in boxing and I rarely give an opinion but when I do I like to make sure that it means something as opposed to just spewing out statements every single day and hoping it's listened to.

Something I have started to believe heavily is that we need an overall governing body, different titles within and a league system (maybe) and a system to make things 100% fact.

This is not something most agree with, but I open my thoughts for discussion.

Any oldtimers, I love you guys.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Name that overlooking governing body.

I remember when the Ali act was proposed and passed by Congress and there was a major 'hope' it would lead to some of the things..reforms..you mention. Split on that though as the thought of Government involved in a sports industry and regulating State for State made me uneasy. But the intent and direction was respectable. I think fans have done well for the most part in coming to the conclusion that title trinkets are now handed out like door prizes, we all realize that rarely are they are the indicator of a fighter being the absolute best of the best. Fans are good at calling bullshat in that way. What we're missing when it comes to championships is simply quality over quantity.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fans have been trying to save boxing from its inception. As Larry Merchant said - "Nothing gonna save it, nothing gonna kill it."
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I remember when the Ali act was proposed and passed by Congress and there was a major 'hope' it would lead to some of the things..reforms..you mention. Split on that though as the thought of Government involved in a sports industry and regulating State for State made me uneasy. But the intent and direction was respectable. I think fans have done well for the most part in coming to the conclusion that title trinkets are now handed out like door prizes, we all realize that rarely are they are the indicator of a fighter being the absolute best of the best. Fans are good at calling bullshat in that way. What we're missing when it comes to championships is simply quality over quantity.
    Ali Act didn't live up to its hype I guess.

I am of the notion we can't make anything happen for the better, is based on the concept that as individuals we have common sense, but as a group, hell to the naw.
    Hard to make one man move in the direction U want but easy as hell to make a group move in any direction U want.

As a fan, we know what is right and wrong, as a demographic of fans, we just accept fights be they right or wrong, go figure...
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information