Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Enter Foreman

Arum targets 8th world title | Manila Bulletin

"Pacquiao has won titles at flyweight, super-bantam, feather, super-feather, lightweight, light-welter and welter, the first fighter ever to win that number of belts in as many weight classes and the prospects of him shooting for an eighth should tickle just about everyone’s fancy." <- Yes he did say that.

“While Manny wants the Mayweather fight to happen, he will not go to the extent of shaming himself by giving in to his demands for the fight to take place,” said Gacal(Pac's personal lawyer referring to the drug test).

The gist of the article is..........
    As mentioned before Yuri Foreman was brought up as a backup plan and is being revisited. The date is 3/20/10 (3 days after Team Pacquiao said they would be unavailable to fight because of political campaign obligations) At the Thomas and Mack Center. Earlier Arum had said he was in negotiations with Malignaggi's people, which Paulie himself said was a lie. They had to change the date and venue because GBP had reserved the MGM Grand on the 13th and since they are being sued they would probably not be too friendly about sharing the venue.
    Last edited by killersheep; 12-31-2009 at 07:34 PM.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Enter Foreman

This whole thing has become a cluster fuck and circle jerk all rolled into one. I have never been so excited, and then so sick of 2 people in such a short amount of time. I've decided they're both pricks. Floyd is one for making an unprecedented demand in boxing history, and Manny is one for not going for it after things started to get ridiculous. There's too many people involved here. Promoters, Lawyers, etc...Something tells me that if we seperated both of these guys from their camps and locked them in a room, they'd probably have a deal done in 10 minutes. But I digress. They're both being egosistical assholes and their sport will suffer for it. It's one thing if the sport dies when you leave it, it's another thing to kill it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So if Floyd legitimately thought Manny might be up to something hinky he shouldn't have asked for a test? I don't see how that was unreasonable. Especially considering they tried to accomodate Pac with respect to leaving testing on the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd's an ass. Always has been. I think it's awfully egotistical of someone to think they're bigger than an institution (N.S.A.C.) and ask for extra tests beyond what the N.S.A.C. requires. But leave it up to Floyd to make an UNPRECEDENTED demand. Manny also should have stepped up once it got out of control. But I am starting to see alot of boxing article turn on Floyd where they had been against Pac-man over the past few days.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 15rounder View Post
    Floyd's an ass. Always has been. I think it's awfully egotistical of someone to think they're bigger than an institution (N.S.A.C.) and ask for extra tests beyond what the N.S.A.C. requires. But leave it up to Floyd to make an UNPRECEDENTED demand. Manny also should have stepped up once it got out of control. But I am starting to see alot of boxing article turn on Floyd where they had been against Pac-man over the past few days.
    Pacquiao also made an unprecedented demand in 10 million per pound which for some reason is no big deal

The executive chairman of the NSAC said their tests are what's required but if the fighters want extra testing or medical exams it's up to them and that right has been exercised before.

Pacquiao is clearly to blame for this fight not happening, Mayweather went along with ALL of Pacquiao's demands, Pacquiao cannot say the same. Pacquiao is going to court instead of taking a drug test.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 15rounder View Post
    This whole thing has become a cluster fuck and circle jerk all rolled into one. I have never been so excited, and then so sick of 2 people in such a short amount of time. I've decided they're both pricks. Floyd is one for making an unprecedented demand in boxing history, and Manny is one for not going for it after things started to get ridiculous. There's too many people involved here. Promoters, Lawyers, etc...Something tells me that if we seperated both of these guys from their camps and locked them in a room, they'd probably have a deal done in 10 minutes. But I digress. They're both being egosistical assholes and their sport will suffer for it. It's one thing if the sport dies when you leave it, it's another thing to kill it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no interest in a fight with Foreman, just like I had no interest in a fight with David Diaz. It's just a way to try and grab another alphabet title off of another relatively unknown belt holder.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look on the bright side, we both get to see Pacman and Floyd inside the ring for the new year, just not with each other!

Pacman fights Foreman and FLoyd fights M. Hatton. ha ha ha ha

I'm watching Ali-Frazier 1 right now, when boxing matches were easily made and they were grand events, not this sideshow bullshit.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Circle jerk and circus tent atmosphere to this whole affair.Feels just like a bait and switch.Honestly,I think Arum is fooling himself if he thinks Foreman is a given for Pacquiao.He's about as thrilling as grass growing during the winter but he can box and move his azz off,and doesn't mind stinking out the arena if it means piling up points and making you look bad.Improving much also,underrated pop in an under used right hand.Mayweather vs M Hatton......guess we know who the real money man is in this much talked about soap opera now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Look on the bright side, we both get to see Pacman and Floyd inside the ring for the new year, just not with each other!

Pacman fights Foreman and FLoyd fights M. Hatton. ha ha ha ha

I'm watching Ali-Frazier 1 right now, when boxing matches were easily made and they were grand events, not this sideshow bullshit.
    You know what? I've had that on DVD for fuckin ages and not watched it properly...watched Ali Frazier 3..I'm seeing the new year out with Ali Frazier 1!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foreman is 5,11" and moves well and dropped Santos in his last fight, I think that could be the step too far strength wise for Pacquiao, could end up like Hatton v Collazo only with alot more running and Manny getting stopped, its a stupid fight for his handlers to take, Foreman is huge compared to Pacquiao hes what? 5" taller?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Foreman is 5,11" and moves well and dropped Santos in his last fight, I think that could be the step too far strength wise for Pacquiao, could end up like Hatton v Collazo only with alot more running and Manny getting stopped, its a stupid fight for his handlers to take, Foreman is huge compared to Pacquiao hes what? 5" taller?
    Yeah but Santos had the movement of a 200 lb. heavy bag. A good win for Foreman, but Santos looked absolutely awful in that fight, completely immobile and unable to really let his punches go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exit Foreman... Stage Left
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if pacquiao wins, it's his 8th title in 8 different weight division. pacquiao's achievement in boxing is amazing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zbolt View Post
    if pacquiao wins, it's his 8th title in 8 different weight division. pacquiao's achievement in boxing is amazing
    it will be a feat in its own right but his image is in question right now. that will just overshadow whatever achievements he will have unless he could prove these people wrong.
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Thread Information