Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O Granite Chin, Granite Chin, wherefore art thou Granite Chin?

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default O Granite Chin, Granite Chin, wherefore art thou Granite Chin?

O Granite Chin, Granite Chin, wherefore art thou Granite Chin?

So Cotto is the one who is chinny? How is it that Cotto did not get knocked out by Mosley if Miguel is that phuking chinny? And so, how is it that Granite Chin Margarito got knocked the phuk out in 8. Yes he was out on his feet when the bell saved his monkey azz.

I should call Tony and we should start a plaster business and call it Plaster of Perez

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: O Granite Chin, Granite Chin, wherefore art thou Granite Chin?

Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha

I'm a bit late getting on here regarding the fight but I was stunned Shane got the KO.

If you look at those shots though.......Shane has always been a big hitter but I ain't ever seen him hit someone who was so stationary. If Margo was able to take them and keep coming I would be convinced he was a fukking cyborg or some shit.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito can take a shot no doubt. But nobody can take that many, with that power without an adequate defence forever. Margarito had no way of blocking the right all night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know you are just being facetious, but obviously Cotto simply has better defense than Tony. He didn't get hit with a third of the punches that Tony did. I guarantee that any other fighter, including Cotto, would have been knocked out within 4 rounds if they took all those punches.

PS- At least he didn't quit like a punk.
    "The refusal to respect one's enemies is a weakness, a stinginess of heart." Frederick the Great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last night was a great example.... that it doesn't matter how great a guy's chin is, if you hit him to the body enough, his chin doesn't look so tough all of a sudden.

That's what Cotto did wrong and what Mosley did right.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny, I was going to waste my time and try to explain to you how styles make fights but you're probably too busy making a photoshop of Margarito and Floyd 69ing each other

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...o-excited.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Margarito doesn't have a chin, then Cotto must have the WEAKEST punches

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito took a ton of flush shots from a heavy handed fighter for 8.5 rounds. If that isn't having a granite chin, I don't know what is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha nice!

He still showed his granite chin though! I've never seen anyone take that many clean hard shots from Mosley and still be standing at the end (albeit out on his feet)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Cotto is the one who is chinny? How is it that Cotto did not get knocked out by Mosley if Miguel is that phuking chinny? And so, how is it that Granite Chin Margarito got knocked the phuk out in 8. Yes he was out on his feet when the bell saved his monkey azz.
    At least Margarito's family could recognize his face when he went back home.
    I would recommend you to just chill on this case and wait until it is 100% confirmed, if not, you will be looked as a fool once again for trying to find any other excuse out there like you did when he lost last year. Nobody is justifying cheating. We’re just waiting for the news.
    At least he didn't quit like a punk
    Margarito didn't, fight got stopped and he wanted some more. As for Cotto, HE DID QUIT. You can even see it in slow motion how he looks at his corner with his disfigured bloody face and shakes his head not wanting any more punishment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last I remember Cotto took the knee and backed into a corner...

This guy is a clown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    I would recommend you to just chill on this case and wait until it is 100% confirmed, if not, you will be looked as a fool once again for trying to find any other excuse out there like you did when he lost last year. Nobody is justifying cheating. We’re just waiting for the news.

Margarito didn't, fight got stopped and he wanted some more. As for Cotto, HE DID QUIT. You can even see it in slow motion how he looks at his corner with his disfigured bloody face and shakes his head not wanting any more punishment.
    he wanted some more?? he didnt land a punch in round 9 and was backed into the ropes almost like he did to cotto only the smaller guy did it to the BIG STRONG Margarita.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post

he wanted some more?? he didnt land a punch in round 9 and was backed into the ropes almost like he did to cotto only the smaller guy did it to the BIG STRONG Margarita.
    oh and i forgot to mention that he fell back on his ass again and didnt look like he wanted to get up to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he wanted some more?? he didnt land a punch in round 9...oh and i forgot to mention that he fell back on his ass again and didnt look like he wanted to get up to me.
    Yes, he was loosing every single round but it doesn't mean he wanted to quit. Referee stopped the fight, not Margarito. As for Cotto, he first surrendered taking the knee and later he just shook his head towards his corner telling them "NO MORE PLEASE". You can see it in slow motion.
    Being knocked down, loosing rounds, etc. don't mean he didn't want to continue compared to someone who takes knees and then shakes his head at his corner. Tony lost convincingly. But he didn't quit like Cotto.

Thread Information