Promoter Frank Warren is warning Scott Harrison that he must secure his release from prison by the weekend in order to salvage his title defence.
And the featherweight champion faces losing his WBO crown if he does not fight Nicky Cook on 9 December.

Harrison was detained in Malaga, Spain, over allegations of assault and he has been in custody since 6 October.

"This week has got to be the sorting out of it all," said Warren, who remains hopeful of the fight happening.

"We are told we will be getting some news today (Thursday) or tomorrow regarding his availability," added Warren.

"It's positive but until he's the other side of that door and on a plane I can't really say for definite.

"We all know he is in a Spanish prison but the one good thing is that he has been able to continue training because they have facilities there.

"I'm an optimist. We are seven weeks away so we have got plenty of time.

"If he does get home I would like him to return to Belfast to train. He did well there before going to Spain."

The 29-year-old Scot admitted to drink and depression problems after pulling out of his last scheduled fight.

And he is due in court in Scotland next year to answer a number of charges, including three of assault.

The WBO have an interim title holder in Juan Manuel Marquez, who stopped Terdsak Jandaeng in seven rounds in an officially-sanctioned fight after Harrison's troubles began.

And the ruling body will almost certainly upgrade the Mexican to the status of full champion should Harrison fail to take on Cook in London.