Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Was Bonecrusher Smith a Bum?

I've always been a stark Tyson defender when it comes to people attacking his opponents credibility and I always say one of the good fighters he beat was James 'Bonecrusher' Smith, but good lord, I just looked at this guys record and not only was I dead wrong about him being decent, I think I might have to go as far as saying he flat out sucked. Aside from being KTFO in his first fight, take a look at his record:

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=000563

ICB Guest

Default Re: Was Bonecrusher Smith a Bum?

most of them 17 losses came at end of his carrer he wasnt bad fighter and he could bang thats for sure he knocked down ruddock in his prime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc
    That does put him in a new light for me. He lost to Marvis Frazier

ICB Guest

when he was in his prime only people he lost to was

LARRY HOLMES
    TONY TUBBS 93-97 | 93-97 | 93-97
    TIM WITHERSPOON he koed him in rematch in one round
    MARVIS FRAIZER Marvis rises from knockdown in the 5th round with a broken jaw
    MIKE TYSON
    RAZOR RUDDOCK Both fighters down. Ruddock in the 2nd, bonecrusher in the final round
    Adilson Rodrigues 96-98 | 97-98 | 100-91

TWO OF THEM LOSSES WERE BAD BUT OTHERS WERE ALL GOOD FIGHTERS NO SHAME IN LOSING TO ANY OF THEM

El Kabong Guest

He wasn't a bum he just wasn't anything spectacular...he was a good throwback no nonsense fighter

ICB Guest

heres record of people he lost to in his prime

LARRY HOLMES  45-0-0
    TONY TUBBS  19-0-0
    TIM WITHERSPOON  20-2-0
    MARVIS FRAIZER  15-1-0     
    MIKE TYSON  28-0-0
    ADILSON RODRIGUES 25-2-0
    RAZOR RUDDOCK  20-1-1     

SO WOULDNT CALL HIM A BUM HE WASNT BEST BY ANY MEANS BUT HE WASNT A BUM AND HE COULD BANG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would say that is not really a bad record considering most of them loses came towards the end off his career...At the end off the day he did win 42 fights with 32 knockouts I find that very impressive...

I have the Tyson career set and one off the fights I did not watch yet was him fighting Tyson I know it goes the distance but is it a decent fight..I skiped it thinking it was gonna be boring lol...

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nigel2smooth79
    I would say that is not really a bad record considering most of them loses came towards the end off his career...At the end off the day he did win 42 fights with 32 knockouts I find that very impressive...

I have the Tyson career set and one off the fights I did not watch yet was him fighting Tyson I know it goes the distance but is it a decent fight..I skiped it thinking it was gonna be boring lol...
    watch last round of that fight i think bonecrusher hurts tyson or something from what i heard

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nigel2smooth79

It was probably the worst fight Tyson was ever a part of... Bonecrusher just grappled him for the entire fight, he should have been Dq'ed imo, it was getting ridiculous at times. As for him being a bum, I dont know... He only lost to good fighters before Tyson, and gave a good account of himself usually... One thing I never understood is how in the hell he KOed Witherspoon in 1 round... Was Tim already into drugs or something?? "Because he dominated him the first time round, won every round... And Witherspoon would have been a very good opponent for Tyson if he was at his best, but obviously he wasn't to get KOed by Bonecrusher.... Anyone seen the fight??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was decent. One of the 1st big HWs. He became mayor of a small city in North Carolina later on after boxing. Anyway, Tyson didnt KO him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smith didn't fight Tyson, he wrestled him. It was boring cause Bonecrusher was trying to hug Mike to death.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

smith had a fight with bruno, old frank was winning the fight infact he'd won all 9 rounds then in the 10th hit walked onto a hook and that was it, how frank managed to lose is some what typical of him

i remember smith fighting iron mike, the best part of the fight was tyson poking his tongue at smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair to the bloke if he was born later and in the heavies at the moment i would give him a fair crack at beating Valuev, Maskaev, Peter, Brock etc but Wlad would take him out handily.

Thread Information