Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Eubank Jr - Next Fight? April ITV PPV

The Eubank's have claimed that now they're "world" champ with the biggest filthy lucre platform - ITV PPV (hmm.. whatever, lets roll with it) - they can lure all the biggest names in boxing. They're happy to fight anyone at middle/supermiddle.

Which means there's no excuse they can't reach a deal with Golovkin, considering he accepted/signed all the terms last time before they bottled it Eddie swindled them. Although that wont be April as Golovkin has Jacobs next.

DeGale should be easy to make as he's with Haymon and his TV deal with Eddie has run out (unless they've worked something new out). Likewise Groves who's with Sauerland, although he has the WBA Chudinov fight in his sights.

Callum Smith doesn't exist in their world, however, he's firmly with Eddie plus has the WBC fight with Dirrell.

David Lemieux (love to see that) isn't on the radar but is engaged anyway. Andy Lee just announced a fight, although it would also mean dealing with Booth.

Billy Joe is out the window as old nut-nut stated the fight will only happen with a "neutral promoter" (haha.. Frank has seriously pissed him off).

Which leaves Martin Murray. Even though he's with Eddie it can easily be made (he's not a golden child). Although not a great winner, he's proven at the highest level, well known, hard-as-nails and will be competitive.

If you think Murray is poor then stop a second. AS realistically it will be Jon Ryder or Christopher Rebrasse next. You heard it here first. So, yeah.....
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-06-2017 at 02:48 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eubank Jr - Next Fight? April ITV PPV

I just can't get on board with Jr, I listened to the post fight presser and they were talking as though people will be clamouring to fight them now that they are world champions (notice how I said THEY are world champions)

I'd love it if they couldn't find anyone to fight them but then they'd just scream that everyone is frightened, I still get the feeling that is the plan, build the brand and not the legacy.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The Eubank's have claimed that now they're "world" champ with the biggest filthy lucre platform - ITV PPV (hmm.. whatever, lets roll with it) - they can lure all the biggest names in boxing. They're happy to fight anyone at middle/supermiddle.

Which means there's no excuse they can't reach a deal with Golovkin, considering he accepted/signed all the terms last time before they bottled it Eddie swindled them. Although that wont be April as Golovkin has Jacobs next.

DeGale should be easy to make as he's with Haymon and his TV deal with Eddie has run out (unless they've worked something new out). Likewise Groves who's with Sauerland, although he has the WBA Chudinov fight in his sights.

Callum Smith doesn't exist in their world, however, he's firmly with Eddie plus has the WBC fight with Dirrell.

David Lemieux (love to see that) isn't on the radar but is engaged anyway. Andy Lee just announced a fight, although it would also mean dealing with Booth.

Billy Joe is out the window as old nut-nut stated the fight will only happen with a "neutral promoter" (haha.. Frank has seriously pissed him off).

Which leaves Martin Murray. Even though he's with Eddie it can easily be made (he's not a golden child). Although not a great winner, he's proven at the highest level, well known, hard-as-nails and will be competitive.

If you think Murray is poor then stop a second. AS realistically it will be Jon Ryder or Christopher Rebrasse next. You heard it here first. So, yeah.....
    If he fought Rebrasse next, I would be happy with that. I think that's a really tough fight for him. Rocky Fielding would be a decent matchup as well if they were serious about stepping up. I never watched Ryder last night, but if he was back somewhere near his best at MW , that could be very interesting as would Murray at SMW.
    But let's be fair, I can't see him fighting any of them.
    A. They're all too experienced
    B. They're all too expensive
    C. They're all too good and too much of a test.
    Trust me, he'll fight someone who is highly ranked in the IBO, but lowly ranked in the real World. Probably cheap and not particularly threatening. Probably from the Southern Hemisphere that we've hardly heard of.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    The Eubank's have claimed that now they're "world" champ with the biggest filthy lucre platform - ITV PPV (hmm.. whatever, lets roll with it) - they can lure all the biggest names in boxing. They're happy to fight anyone at middle/supermiddle.Which means there's no excuse they can't reach a deal with Golovkin, considering he accepted/signed all the terms last time before they bottled it Eddie swindled them. Although that wont be April as Golovkin has Jacobs next.DeGale should be easy to make as he's with Haymon and his TV deal with Eddie has run out (unless they've worked something new out). Likewise Groves who's with Sauerland, although he has the WBA Chudinov fight in his sights.Callum Smith doesn't exist in their world, however, he's firmly with Eddie plus has the WBC fight with Dirrell. David Lemieux (love to see that) isn't on the radar but is engaged anyway. Andy Lee just announced a fight, although it would also mean dealing with Booth. Billy Joe is out the window as old nut-nut stated the fight will only happen with a "neutral promoter" (haha.. Frank has seriously pissed him off).Which leaves Martin Murray. Even though he's with Eddie it can easily be made (he's not a golden child). Although not a great winner, he's proven at the highest level, well known, hard-as-nails and will be competitive.If you think Murray is poor then stop a second. AS realistically it will be Jon Ryder or Christopher Rebrasse next. You heard it here first. So, yeah.....
    If he fought Rebrasse next, I would be happy with that. I think that's a really tough fight for him. Rocky Fielding would be a decent matchup as well if they were serious about stepping up. I never watched Ryder last night, but if he was back somewhere near his best at MW , that could be very interesting as would Murray at SMW.But let's be fair, I can't see him fighting any of them. A. They're all too experienced B. They're all too expensiveC. They're all too good and too much of a test.Trust me, he'll fight someone who is highly ranked in the IBO, but lowly ranked in the real World. Probably cheap and not particularly threatening. Probably from the Southern Hemisphere that we've hardly heard of.
    Ryder!? Come off it! Blackwell beat him.They might just take Murray to get a show together quick as Murray has already called for it today.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he fought Rebrasse next, I would be happy with that. I think that's a really tough fight for him. Rocky Fielding would be a decent matchup as well if they were serious about stepping up. I never watched Ryder last night, but if he was back somewhere near his best at MW , that could be very interesting as would Murray at SMW.
    But let's be fair, I can't see him fighting any of them.
    A. They're all too experienced
    B. They're all too expensive
    C. They're all too good and too much of a test.
    Trust me, he'll fight someone who is highly ranked in the IBO, but lowly ranked in the real World. Probably cheap and not particularly threatening. Probably from the Southern Hemisphere that we've hardly heard of.
    He beats Rocky easy if you ask me

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martin Murray would be the only I fancy him against.

Degale is too slick, considering Eubank jr apparantly has a fear of hyperextension in his right arm there's no way Degale stands and takes uppercuts for 12 rounds.

He also isn't the hardest to hit and Groves has power and would trouble him.

Anyone know the PPV figures from last night? @Fenster
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    The Eubank's have claimed that now they're "world" champ with the biggest filthy lucre platform - ITV PPV (hmm.. whatever, lets roll with it) - they can lure all the biggest names in boxing. They're happy to fight anyone at middle/supermiddle.Which means there's no excuse they can't reach a deal with Golovkin, considering he accepted/signed all the terms last time before they bottled it Eddie swindled them. Although that wont be April as Golovkin has Jacobs next.DeGale should be easy to make as he's with Haymon and his TV deal with Eddie has run out (unless they've worked something new out). Likewise Groves who's with Sauerland, although he has the WBA Chudinov fight in his sights.Callum Smith doesn't exist in their world, however, he's firmly with Eddie plus has the WBC fight with Dirrell. David Lemieux (love to see that) isn't on the radar but is engaged anyway. Andy Lee just announced a fight, although it would also mean dealing with Booth. Billy Joe is out the window as old nut-nut stated the fight will only happen with a "neutral promoter" (haha.. Frank has seriously pissed him off).Which leaves Martin Murray. Even though he's with Eddie it can easily be made (he's not a golden child). Although not a great winner, he's proven at the highest level, well known, hard-as-nails and will be competitive.If you think Murray is poor then stop a second. AS realistically it will be Jon Ryder or Christopher Rebrasse next. You heard it here first. So, yeah.....
    If he fought Rebrasse next, I would be happy with that. I think that's a really tough fight for him. Rocky Fielding would be a decent matchup as well if they were serious about stepping up. I never watched Ryder last night, but if he was back somewhere near his best at MW , that could be very interesting as would Murray at SMW.But let's be fair, I can't see him fighting any of them. A. They're all too experienced B. They're all too expensiveC. They're all too good and too much of a test.Trust me, he'll fight someone who is highly ranked in the IBO, but lowly ranked in the real World. Probably cheap and not particularly threatening. Probably from the Southern Hemisphere that we've hardly heard of.
    Ryder!? Come off it! Blackwell beat him.They might just take Murray to get a show together quick as Murray has already called for it today.
    That's why I qualified it by saying "if Ryder was somewhere near his best." I think it's common knowledge that he was nowhere near his best against Blackwell.
    As far as Murray goes, it depends how shot he is as to whether Jr. Beats him. It won't be Murray, he can call for it as much as he likes, but as far as I know, he's still with Matchroom, and Eddie and Sr. Aren't exactly best buds at the moment.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank Jr is not a world champ.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he is a world champ according to the IBO

is the IBO 5th most prestigious belt?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    he is a world champ according to the IBO

is the IBO 5th most prestigious belt?
    Interims, Silvers, WBF, UBO, IBA, EBU etc take your pick. 4 is bad enough. When does it stop?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Recently read Murray was going down to middleweight because he felt disadvantaged at super middleweight.

Junior will do what his dad did at sky and just fight no bodies.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They really are talking up the victory as if Junior is the second coming. They need to have some perspective and think about what they are doing.

Junior is not a super middleweight but has ended up with a title they can use for prestige and leverage. He may stay at the weight now for convenience.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    They really are talking up the victory as if Junior is the second coming. They need to have some perspective and think about what they are doing.

Junior is not a super middleweight but has ended up with a title they can use for prestige and leverage. He may stay at the weight now for convenience.
    they haven't got a fucking clue what they're doing. they throw a few scraps out there and see if anybody bites. get this straight, his "Title" has NO PRESTIGE AND NO LEVERAGE.
    Everything is contradictory. he's fought at SMW, but says a MW is his no.1 priority! he can't make a fight for any top SMW because all of their promoters will laugh in Eubank's face. I've said many times before, there's nothing wrong with being thick, but when you THINK you're smart and in reality you're thick as pigshit, then that is a big,big problem.
    It is patently clear that Jr. won't fight anyone decent next. And what is also certain is that we'll hear more of those Golden nuggets of advice from Sr. in the corner, like "try a body shot, just for the funk of it!" and "maybe try a 50 punch combination!" What a complete pair of fucking clowns!!!!
    ps. if anybody knows the PPV figures , please can they let us know.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How does that title give him prestige and leverage? There's not a serious boxing fan on the planet that gives any credence to an IBO title. The main four mickey mouse outfits don't recognise it, so they can't use it to do unification fights.

They just get to sell "world championship boxing" to the unknowing masses that don't know the difference between obscure novices with sexy records and genuine world-class fighters. Some would say a con job.

The PPV number being bandied about is 86,000.
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-07-2017 at 01:35 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The prestige is primarily for their ego because it is a "world" title.

The leverage is to use it to get some defences in for ITV PPV.

Now that they have the bug PPV they will want all their fights to be on that platform. I curse the greed of boxing and the promoters/tv stations running the sport into the ground.

Thread Information