Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone like trout?

Is he a marmite type of fighter?
    Is anyone rooting for him in his next fight?
    What are your thoughts on trout?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone like trout?

Trout is a likable/humble pug and a world class Pro, but he's yet to be really put to the test. His fight with Canelo will tell us a lot about him, should he win that fight convincingly we may have a new star in the making, should he lose he goes to the back of the pack @154.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of the knocks I hear against Alvarez from the people backing Trout is he hasn't beaten a name fighter who was in his prime. I trying to figuere out what name fighter Trout has beaten that was still in his prime

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's a good pure boxer and all but something about him is missing and im never fully satisfied watching him fight..

He's ok..

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll say it again, if the Trout shows up who beat Cotto we will see a real fight. If the Trout shows up who beat Rodriguez it could be a real boring affair.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    One of the knocks I hear against Alvarez from the people backing Trout is he hasn't beaten a name fighter who was in his prime. I trying to figuere out what name fighter Trout has beaten that was still in his prime
    Cotto might not have been in his prime but he took the #1 fighter in the world to the brink in his fight prior to facing Trout!

The Cotto that Trout fought is better than Lopez, Mosley, Cintron, Gomez, Rhodes, Ndou & Baldomir put together

I don't see the point your trying to make!?
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Cotto might not have been in his prime but he took the #1 fighter in the world to the brink in his fight prior to facing Trout!

The Cotto that Trout fought is better than Lopez, Mosley, Cintron, Gomez, Rhodes, Ndou & Baldomir put together

Cotto was competitive against Mayweather. But the outcome was never in doubt. To say he took him to the brink is really stretching it. Actually it's just plain false. Jose Luis Castillo is the only fighter to push Mayeweather to the brink. Cotto just put up a fight. It was his last great effort. The Cotto that fought Trout would of been knocked out by Alvarez. Trout gets some credit for beating Cotto. But no need to go over board

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where does it leave trout if he beats canelo? Can he move up?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll root for Trout because he's the underdog and I have a soft spot for the underdog, but do I think he's anything special? No. Someone in another thread alluded that he would beat Mayweather. Sometimes you just gotta shake your head...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Where does it leave trout if he beats canelo? Can he move up?
    I'm a pretty big fan of Trout. Thought he would beat Cotto. Think he would give anyone at 154 a problem, even if he loses to Canelo. I like him to beat Canelo, mind you.

I don't think it makes sense to move up in weight if he beats Canelo. For one, there could be a rematch if he won. Two, Canelo is the guy that Mayweather wants next so if Trout beats him he may land a historic pay day with Money. Three, there are other competitive fights to be made at 154, outside Canelo and Mayweather, like Rosado, Martirosyan, Lara, Smith-Bundrage winner etc.

If he wins, Trout would be Canelo's best win BY FAR.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto was competitive against Mayweather. But the outcome was never in doubt. To say he took him to the brink is really stretching it. Actually it's just plain false. Jose Luis Castillo is the only fighter to push Mayeweather to the brink. Cotto just put up a fight. It was his last great effort. The Cotto that fought Trout would of been knocked out by Alvarez. Trout gets some credit for beating Cotto. But no need to go over board
    Come on cuz, maybe "The brink" was the wrong word... but Mayweather in no way had it easy!

Floyd got hit cleanly in that fight than in many of his previous bouts, bar the Mosley right

I'm pretty sure there were only a couple of rounds in it when I watched it

Sure the Castillo fight is debatable, but that was the hardest Mayweather has had to work since Castillo

The Cotto that lost to Trout probably still beats Alvarez...
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    What are your thoughts on trout?
    prefer swordfish.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually believe that Trout would present Mayweather with a good challenge. He's a natural junior middleweight, who is rangy, a southpaw, in good condition, and in his prime. He performed distinctly better against Cotto than Mayweather.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on cuz, maybe "The brink" was the wrong word... but Mayweather in no way had it easy!

Floyd got hit cleanly in that fight than in many of his previous bouts, bar the Mosley right

I'm pretty sure there were only a couple of rounds in it when I watched it

Sure the Castillo fight is debatable, but that was the hardest Mayweather has had to work since Castillo

The Cotto that lost to Trout probably still beats Alvarez...
    The cotto that lost to trout probably beats Alvarez? What are you basing this on? Wow

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wanna jump in this little debate and clarify some things..

First of all, Cotto never took floyd to the " brink ".. haha c'mon seriously. That's such an exaggeration..

The thing is, Floyd fought down to Cotto's level and his style and pretty much fought in the pocket througout the fight yet Cotto still couldnt damage him..

Just as Floyd did against Mosley, he fought Cotto's fight and still kicked ass!! That's what's so great about floyd.. He fought out of his comfort zone and he still toyed with cotto..

The only fighter who took Floyd to the edge was none other than Castillo..

What Cotto did was nowhere near what Castillo did and that was against a young Floyd..

I have Puerto Rican buddies who always claim that nonsense and i always laugh hard..

Floyd was never in any type of danger when he fought Cotto..In fact he was so comfortable, dude didnt view Cotto as any kind of threat that he decided to sit in the pockets which was so unlike him...

Cotto didn't do nothing... OScar Delahoya was more effective against Floyd than Cotto ever was..

Thread Information