Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joel Julio won yesterday.

Have not seen anyone mention it but Joel won yesterday,here's a report of the fight.http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...EWjxVuVld.html

I like Joel,I know he was pretty much schooled by Quintana and he does have flaws which he needs to work on but he also has alot of good attributes,especially his power although I don't like him as much as some posters here do

( a certain Bilbo predicted Joel would clean out 147 amd....beat Floyd Remeber that Bilbo??)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joel Julio won yesterday.

Very good fighter with a great corner...Whittaker and Breeland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Julio has dangerous power and determination, but he was mildly exposed by Quintana which is a good thing that he didnt become damaged goods by getting destroyed... So he falls back a bit gets some more experience and some skill sharpening and hopefully we shall see him pretty soon in another good fight, Maybe Luis Colazzo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i want to see him and cotto go at it how bout it amean i got cotto killin him but it shoud be intrestin for 2 3 rounds

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He did good against "Davis" but he still got hit consistantly by every straight that davis threw, not good.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally I think Joel Julio sucks ass, never rated him, never will.

I know El Gamo used to think he was the 'Truth' but personally I always saw him as one dimensional.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's not that bad. The constant jab and slickness of Quintana got to him in their fight, it disrupted his timing and after a while he just threw one punch at a time and loaded up on everything.

He's still a good fighter with a powerful right hand, a good short puncher. I wish he had more of a jab. When he leads with the right he really reaches with it, and he tends to drop his hands afterwards. He's always had good balance, he's always had a fairly good defense and good instincts. I just think Quintana was a nightmare style matchup for him. A patient puncher who relies on timing facing a guy who was constantly putting a jab in his face.

He'll be fine. He's only 24 now I do believe. Like someone said earlier he has about a good of a corner as a young boxer can have. I would love to see him face Kermit, that would be exciting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His power is overrated but he has a great ability to place his punches an pick guys apart, he will win a belt down the line imo
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah hes only 22, he doesnt have a jab at all. He does throw some nice combinations tho..I watch the FNF last night and he looked solid. He was a bit of a headhunter, I didnt like that seeing as the body was wide open all night. That just shows hes not the brightest when it comes to stradegy. I wasnt impressed with his power, but he did pressure alot and had a high punch output.I can see him winning some fights against the top guys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Julio has dangerous power and determination, but he was mildly exposed by Quintana which is a good thing that he didnt become damaged goods by getting destroyed... So he falls back a bit gets some more experience and some skill sharpening and hopefully we shall see him pretty soon in another good fight, Maybe Luis Colazzo?
    Collazo? Another slick southpaw so soon? I don't think that would be a good choice especially as it does not appear Joel has learnt from his loss.

Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    i want to see him and cotto go at it how bout it amean i got cotto killin him but it shoud be intrestin for 2 3 rounds
    Naaaa,Cotto has bigger fish to fry.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    He did good against "Davis" but he still got hit consistantly by every straight that davis threw, not good.
    Interesting. Have yet to see it....

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Personally I think Joel Julio sucks ass, never rated him, never will.

I know El Gamo used to think he was the 'Truth' but personally I always saw him as one dimensional.
    LMFAO,look through Bil''s past posts and realise that this man sucks balls with his predictions!!

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    He's not that bad. The constant jab and slickness of Quintana got to him in their fight, it disrupted his timing and after a while he just threw one punch at a time and loaded up on everything.

He's still a good fighter with a powerful right hand, a good short puncher. I wish he had more of a jab. When he leads with the right he really reaches with it, and he tends to drop his hands afterwards. He's always had good balance, he's always had a fairly good defense and good instincts. I just think Quintana was a nightmare style matchup for him. A patient puncher who relies on timing facing a guy who was constantly putting a jab in his face.

He'll be fine. He's only 24 now I do believe. Like someone said earlier he has about a good of a corner as a young boxer can have. I would love to see him face Kermit, that would be exciting.
    I really like how you always look at positives in a fighter,it's different,nice.I too think Joel will get better and I'd love to see him fight Cintron. I also like his short crisp punches,and he DEFINITELY needs a jab. Nice analysis. I was slightly worried by his performance v Cosme Rivera,Rivera is no more than a gatekeeper but he had Julio in trouble a couple of times. Sometimes,Julio waits for his opponent too long,and his lack of jab means he just rushes in,leaving himself open to counters.Nice analysis though Amat,I think the 24 hours must almost be up for your next well deserved CC.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    His power is overrated but he has a great ability to place his punches an pick guys apart, he will win a belt down the line imo
    I don't think his power is over rated,even though he lost to Quintana,he DID drop him early on with a short crisp punch.And it was just the one punch I believe! That's good power.

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    Yeah hes only 22, he doesnt have a jab at all. He does throw some nice combinations tho..I watch the FNF last night and he looked solid. He was a bit of a headhunter, I didnt like that seeing as the body was wide open all night. That just shows hes not the brightest when it comes to stradegy. I wasnt impressed with his power, but he did pressure alot and had a high punch output.I can see him winning some fights against the top guys.
    Yeah,I agree,I think he may be falling in love with his oWN power a bit too much although you would have thought his loss to Quintana would have made him work harder~? He does do alot of things well though which is why I could not just look past this guy like some have (inclusing his fans...BILBO!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was eluding to eventually him fighting a Colazzo type... He cant be a champ and avoiding slick Boxers, these fights need to be made somewere down the line... You know what I'm saying?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    I was eluding to eventually him fighting a Colazzo type... He cant be a champ and avoiding slick Boxers, these fights need to be made somewere down the line... You know what I'm saying?
    I think until he improves his skills,they should keep him as far away as possible from a slick boxer.I think some fights against experienced fighters below top level would be good.Umm....not sure who though...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Sometimes,Julio waits for his opponent too long,and his lack of jab means he just rushes in,leaving himself open to counters.
    Spot on. That's the big thing he doesn't throw from the outside and sometimes he waits for the guy to throw to slip and try to find an opening to get inside. And that got him pretty far but Quintana was the first guy to double and triple up on the jab and Julio found himself staying on the outside. And when he does throw from the outside to try to get in, it's with the right hand and while his right is good, it's what put down his opponent yestarday, it's not a punch I like him leading with especially from distance.

Although, I didn't see Davis hitting Julio so much. I was a little preoccupied but from what I saw Julio slipped or deflected most everything.

CC in 24 Gamo. It's funny how these guys just disappear from discussion when they lose. Cintron and Julio both were prospects of the year by ESPN and both kind of fell off the map when they lost. I guess Kermit got the IBF but he still isn't talked about so much. Allan Green is a guy I see going the same way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Sometimes,Julio waits for his opponent too long,and his lack of jab means he just rushes in,leaving himself open to counters.
    Spot on. That's the big thing he doesn't throw from the outside and sometimes he waits for the guy to throw to slip and try to find an opening to get inside. And that got him pretty far but Quintana was the first guy to double and triple up on the jab and Julio found himself staying on the outside. And when he does throw from the outside to try to get in, it's with the right hand and while his right is good, it's what put down his opponent yestarday, it's not a punch I like him leading with especially from distance.

Although, I didn't see Davis hitting Julio so much. I was a little preoccupied but from what I saw Julio slipped or deflected most everything.

CC in 24 Gamo. It's funny how these guys just disappear from discussion when they lose. Cintron and Julio both were prospects of the year by ESPN and both kind of fell off the map when they lost. I guess Kermit got the IBF but he still isn't talked about so much. Allan Green is a guy I see going the same way.
    Very true,we forget these guys that just lose. I think Cintron will be back though.Dude,you are P4P,the most analytical guy here period!! Since I've read your posts,I try to pay more attention to fighters actions too rather than just watch the fight.What you said about Julio and his right hand is so true! It sounds like he has not learnt much from his loss(I've yet to see the fight so cannot say conclusively)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davis was horrible.

Thread Information