Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carl Froch v Sergey Tatevosyan DRBR

Carl Froch v Sergey Tatevosyan

Although not fighting for any titles, this one is going to be more interesting than the bookies would suggest, with Tatevosyan coming off a points defeat to Lucian Bute, and before that he upset Joe Calzaghe mandatory Rudy Markussen, which really put a speanner in Markussen's career, so can he do the same for "The Cobra"?

Carl Froch (20-0, 16KOs) - Carl comes into this bout as the reigning British and Commonwealth Super Middleweight champion, having dispatched competent Tony Dodson in three quick rounds with some vicious punching to the body. Froch is always a worry, hanging his hands pretty low, but he has never been caught out badly enough to lose so far, but one fears as he moves up in class in his opponents, and Tatevosyan will certainly be a challenge. Once again Carl is fighting at home in Nottingham, where he gets plenty of support, but being from Eastern Europe I doubt this will deter Tatevosyan. In my opinion, Froch will be looking for a big win to catapult him up there, and will go on the attack. If he deters Tatevosyan early on the Russian won't want to mix it, but if he doesn't get the upper hand it could be a long night for him.

Sergey Tatevosyan (26-7, 14 KOs) - Although Tatevosyan comes into this as the great underdog, Tatevosyan has mixed with top competition over recent years, including Obede Toney, Howard Eastman and Roman Karmazin, and handed Euro champion David Gogiya his first defeat. Don't know too much about him personally, but he should be a great benchmark for Froch, and we can see whether the Nottingham lad can really mix it at European or even world level.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch v Sergey Tatevosyan DRBR

CC how long till the start?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC mate
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We're just about to start now.

Tatevosyan working his Russian roots, coming in decked in a bearskin with fur covering him making him look like a huge bear of a man. His music was like that you'd hear at the entrance of the bad guy to the battlefield in some sort of medieval war epic or something.

Froch's entrance is equally dramatic, with a troupe of drums giving him a full 2-minute welcome. Then it is the classic rock sounds of Queen, "We will rock you", and he gets a great welcome, and is looking confident in there.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#362 superheavy the Euro version of WackOff minus the
    LICK-HER!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC thanks for the rbr.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to the man of the hour SUPERRRRRRRRRHEAVYYYYYYYYY RHUUUUUUUN LEEEEEEEEEDING
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This week it is a DRBR, as work finished early, and after doing a bit of work on the bike, settled on the couch to watch some of the cricket world cup and sink some brews. Tatevosyan is about as hairy underneath that bearskin he wore on the way in. Looks quite confident himself, and gives the crowd a grin when they boo him. As i thought, he doesn't seem to be fazed by it. Then again, Froch is taller, and with the greater reach, and himself is confident often to the point of arrogance. He's toned it down a bit over recent years, but I expect a decent fight from this un.

Round 1:

Cagey start, and the viperlike jab of Froch paws against the southpaw high guard of Tatevosyan. Not much thrown in the first minute. Tatevosyan with the body shots on the inside. Froch comes forward with a left hook and a body shot. Another firm right, but gets caught flush with a straight jab from Tatevosyan. Good jab again from Tatevosyan, but Froch comes forward with some body shots, and a good right cross. Goodcright from Froch, but Tatevosyan comes back with his own. Good flurries as we finish with Tatevosyan on the run.

Froch
    10-9

ICB Guest

super

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 2:

Tatevosyan with some gentle lefts in the clinch, and he starts with a few more jabs. Those vicious jabs from Froch are getting through. Froch opens with three hard body hooks, then backs off again. He's launching attacks from distance, and the long body shots are good . Tatevosyan not getting too much back, but doesn't want to get too close and get caught by Froch. Decent left from Tatevosyan. Froch unleashes a hard flurry to the body and one up top for measure. Hard left to the body and a huge right puts Tatevosyan down. Froch punces with some very big body shots, bnothing coming back from Tatevosyan, and the ref jumps in as nothing is coming back from the Russian.

ITS ALL OVER!!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Expect Smashup to dance like a mad man ALLOVER this place...
    He called a Froch stoppage...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a very good finish from Froch, but the ref might have been a littleearly, but Tatevosyan wasn't throwing anything back, and just trying to get through the period. This is Tatevosyan's first time ever being stopped, and 2:44 of round 2 is the official time. Carl scoops up the plaudits from a very good performance. Do you reckon if my statment that he still holds that left far too low will bother him? He's barely broken a sweat, and made a very big statement here tonight.

Very impressive indeed young Carl.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow. Halting Tatevosyanis something. Froch is lined up to fight Dennis Inkin next Mick
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Wow. Halting Tatevosyanis something. Froch is lined up to fight Dennis Inkin next Mick
    No shit!!
    Your kidding right?

Thread Information