Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Gaining weight

I have a question, do you gain weight faster, by eating all junk food and drinking pop? Or is it better to eat only fruits,veggies and drinking milk and water? Which one is faster on gaining weight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gaining weight

hahahahah.
    eat like a horse, do weights
    its all about calories, the more of them, the heavier you gonna be! fruit has as many calories as you have fingers, so dont eat them to get heavy
    why do you want to get heavy anyways?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because I want to get heavier so I dont get knocked around as much. I want be 130lb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oh dear. you realise the heavier you get the heavier the opponents you face are gonna be?!?!
    if your getting knocked around the best thing you can do is become agile. learn to block, parry slip and move away. cant knock you about if that bitch cant hit you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So it would be bad for me to try and move up to 130? Im 5'5, 5'6, would I look fat and out of shape?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hell i dont know if you would look fat!
    try staying the weight you are and get more aglie, im much bigger than some of the people in my club, but i still cant hit the agile little kids very well

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

little kids are a nightmare because you can't really hit them back

at 5-5 you could be a healthy 120-135lbs, all depends on your build and of course how much excess fat you carry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's tough gaining weight when you're below age 20. Take in lots of calories, lift weights, eat foods with protein, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if you DO decide to gain some weight, listen to this.

Your question was something like HOW to gain weight. Now, I've always had high metabolism, meaning no matter how much I would eat I couldn't get bigger.
    BUT...2 yrs ago I've found a way to do this. So..if you're thin, have high metabolism, the ONLY way to get bigger is to SHOCK your body with the amount of food and liquid you fill your stomache with.

Basically, what I did was..one day I had like 7 sandwiches for breafkast, it was really hard to eat all of them cuz my stomache was full after the 4th one. After these 7 sandwiches I drank 2 glasses of water (2nd was pretty rough on me ). I couldn't drink any more water cuz I felt like I was gonna throw up, BUT, then I drank 2 more glasses of juice. Because juice is sweet it won't get you feel like throwing up. So, juice OR milk. After that I felt like my stomache was gonna go KABOOM!

Next phase...resting. After 30 minutes or so...when I felt that my stomache was not as "stiff" as 30 minutes ago, I decided to go for more liquid. So I drank a glass of juice, and a glass of milk. Besides that, what was very important for me was that I would stand on a scale at least 10 times a day, so that I could see improvements. Therefore, if my weight was 160 lbs, I would keep my weight that day at 165 lbs, the WHOLE day. Next morning I would have half a kilo more. And you have to keep up with that method for a few days more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CRO-Luka

Your question was something like HOW to gain weight. Now, I've always had high metabolism, meaning no matter how much I would eat I couldn't get bigger.
    BUT...2 yrs ago I've found a way to do this. So..if you're thin, have high metabolism, the ONLY way to get bigger is to SHOCK your body with the amount of food and liquid you fill your stomache with.

Basically, what I did was..one day I had like 7 sandwiches for breafkast, it was really hard to eat all of them cuz my stomache was full after the 4th one. After these 7 sandwiches I drank 2 glasses of water (2nd was pretty rough on me ). I couldn't drink any more water cuz I felt like I was gonna throw up, BUT, then I drank 2 more glasses of juice. Because juice is sweet it won't get you feel like throwing up. So, juice OR milk. After that I felt like my stomache was gonna go KABOOM!

Next phase...resting. After 30 minutes or so...when I felt that my stomache was not as "stiff" as 30 minutes ago, I decided to go for more liquid. So I drank a glass of juice, and a glass of milk. Besides that, what was very important for me was that I would stand on a scale at least 10 times a day, so that I could see improvements. Therefore, if my weight was 160 lbs, I would keep my weight that day at 165 lbs, the WHOLE day. Next morning I would have half a kilo more. And you have to keep up with that method for a few days more.
    that really doesnt sound healthy m8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ive been doing a program to gain weight for 3 weeks now and gained 4.5 kilos . i would reccomend u to try to eat 5-6 times a day with about 40.5 g protein per meal try it and than drink alot of water . and of course u have to work out or els ull get fat :> now if you dont have time to do 5-6 meals a day try at least 4 with one or 2 bigger ones . im not an expert on this but i know alot of protein intake+colories+fat ofc+work out=good gaining weight :> dont eat macdonalds and shit :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i am an expert!
    eat 5 smaller meals per day rather than 3 ones, then your body doesnt store surplus.
    increase your protein, you should be getting 3 graps per kg you weigh, so the more you weigh the more protein you should be on
    lift heavy, as a general rule the boxing training wont provide you with the weight you want.
    dont be afraid to train your legs if you need to gain more weight, legs are very heavy muscles and training them wil not only aid you ut of the ring, but in it too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CRO-Luka

Yes I definitely have a high metabolism rate, I can eat more food then all my friends combined, and yet I'm still very small

Thread Information