Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JMM's trainer tells Marquez to avoid Khan!?!?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default JMM's trainer tells Marquez to avoid Khan!?!?

Juan Manuel Marquez's trainer sees Amir Khan fight as exploitation | More Sports News | ESPN.co.uk

"Khan is very strong and it's not a good fight right now because he's not fully recovered from the Mayweather fight, which was just brutal.

"I think it's better to get another opponent. He should not be exploited again. Juan Manuel deserves to retire like a true champion and not as someone's stepping stone."

Is this just to build up the fight or does JMM's trainer genuinely think Khan is too much for JMM?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: JMM's trainer tells Marquez to avoid Khan!?!?

You should have headlined it - MARQUEZ DUCKS KHAN!!! FACT.

Been some serious mileage in that.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Nacho is not underestimating Khan obviously to a younger, taller,reach might be stronger to Marquez, Nacho could seen something on Marquez last fight that his fighter is not really good going 135lbs north.
    Marquez is one of a name in boxing now.
    Unless if the pot is really right to Marquez favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez786 View Post
    Juan Manuel Marquez's trainer sees Amir Khan fight as exploitation | More Sports News | ESPN.co.uk

"Khan is very strong and it's not a good fight right now because he's not fully recovered from the Mayweather fight, which was just brutal.

"I think it's better to get another opponent. He should not be exploited again. Juan Manuel deserves to retire like a true champion and not as someone's stepping stone."

Is this just to build up the fight or does JMM's trainer genuinely think Khan is too much for JMM?
    From those two quotes it sounds like Nacho knew beforehand Marquez couldn't beat Mayweather. I do remember him saying he wasn't fast enough on 24/7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can understand why to be honest, Khan is the upstart trying to break into the mainstream in the USA and I bet JMM is feeling a bit disrespected as he is being seen as the old warrier with a name who is going to give the new kid a decent scrap but will be beat.

I think Marquez can beat Khan but maybe he feels he is still good and big enough to pick who he wants to fight.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    You should have headlined it - MARQUEZ DUCKS KHAN!!! FACT.

Been some serious mileage in that.
    He just blew a fantastic opportunity for a windup thread. As a Mod you should take action and change the title.

To be fair Marquez hasn't ducked him yet and it could be just a negotiating position. But he's definitely ducking Khan, what a bottler.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good. Hope this fight gets scuppered and Khan has to face someone his own size like that guy whos been his mandatory for a while.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Next foe for con boy. Paulie Malinaggi with 5 kos in 30 fights. Then we'll hear how he's becoming a man at 23 by beating a gatekeeper!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Next foe for con boy. Paulie Malinaggi with 5 kos in 30 fights. Then we'll hear how he's becoming a man at 23 by beating a gatekeeper!

I really wish you would stop making light of Khans age and how well he's doing for being just 23
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe too much risk and not enough reward for Marquez. If his team does not think he'll do well above 135 lbs, then why was he challenging Pacquiao to a third fight? Oh yeah, the reward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

marquez ducking khan? what a joke! as far as i know marquez has NEVER ducked anybody, much less an overrated, media-hype job in khan. besides, khan isn't a big name yet so this fight probably wouldn't sell enough for someone of marquez' status.

if khan is so good why won't he match his talent against fighters who are as naturally as big as he or in their prime! first of all, marquez is noticiably on the decline as any 36 fighter would be who has been thru several wars with even better fighters than khan.

khan should have the balls to fight fighters like maidana, ortiz, devon alexander, lamont peterson, kendall holt etc...instead of roach feeding his fighters over the hill fighters as usual, he should see just how good a trainer he is and match his young fighters with other young fighters. if he's that good a trainer, his fighters shouldn't have a problem right?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    marquez ducking khan? what a joke! as far as i know marquez has NEVER ducked anybody, much less an overrated, media-hype job in khan. besides, khan isn't a big name yet so this fight probably wouldn't sell enough for someone of marquez' status.

if khan is so good why won't he match his talent against fighters who are as naturally as big as he or in their prime! first of all, marquez is noticiably on the decline as any 36 fighter would be who has been thru several wars with even better fighters than khan.

khan should have the balls to fight fighters like maidana, ortiz, devon alexander, lamont peterson, kendall holt etc...instead of roach feeding his fighters over the hill fighters as usual, he should see just how good a trainer he is and match his young fighters with other young fighters. if he's that good a trainer, his fighters shouldn't have a problem right?
    In theory your right, but I think Roach has become just as much a manager/matchmaker for his top guys these days. Like it or not, he does carry some weight in the bus and wants his fighters to do well for themselves financially first and foremost. Cant really blame him for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

p4p,

you're right and he should be looking out for his fighters well being but right now he's only a trainer. i just can't stand his cherrypicking his fghters' opponents. i think he does it to make his training skills look better than what they are. not to mention the guy is a classic, annoying motor-mouth who annoys and rubs fans the wrong way.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    p4p,

you're right and he should be looking out for his fighters well being but right now he's only a trainer. i just can't stand his cherrypicking his fghters' opponents. i think he does it to make his training skills look better than what they are. not to mention the guy is a classic, annoying motor-mouth who annoys and rubs fans the wrong way.
    Who's to say what his role is though? Clearly he has a lot of control over his fighters, and he is entitled to make career choices for his top guys. People rag on him for the reasons you state, but at the end of the day if he is making his fighters and himself millions of dollars and winning, I'm sure he isn't losing sleep over it. Besides that, he is an excellent trainer and people who say otherwise never substantiate it with anything whatsoever. It's only on forums and the like, amongst people who follow the sport very closely that you will actually hear any criticism of the guy, and even then it's just bickering about things he might say, basically who gives a rats. Freddie Roach has actually made a name for himself amongst casual fans, I have friends who know him or read things about him, he has also established a presence amongst MMA circles, which says a lot considering he is just a boxing trainer. I like the guy, he's obviously not stupid.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its the usual build up bullshit.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information