Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hopkins/Tarver: One of the most one-sided victories since Wright/Trinidad?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hopkins/Tarver: One of the most one-sided victories since Wright/Trinidad?

That was one of the biggest ass woopin's I've seen since Winky blew out Tito & INO Hopkins could of KO'd Tarver & finished him off!
    STyles make fights & Tarver's southpaw stance meant nothing to Hopkins straight right hand & tactics that had Tarver looking like an amature! I tell you this I believe that Calzaghe, Roy Jones or Taylor couldn't beat that Hopkins chizzled at 182 that night, a 41 year old solid armored fighter with a chin that Tarver couldn't crack! Tarver was frustrated & suprised that he could get off the whole night & that was a blowout! Much respect to the NEW Light Heavyweight champ & hope this seals his legacy even though INO
    it has been sealed along time ago!

Now I know that Hopkins said that he will retire, but I'd love to see him take on Calzaghe or Roy at light heavy!

AC-Cobra Guest

Default Re: Hopkins/Tarver: One of the most one-sided victories since Wright/Trinidad?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthSideX4
    That was one of the biggest ass woopin's I've seen since Winky blew out Tito & INO Hopkins could of KO'd Tarver & finished him off!
    STyles make fights & Tarver's southpaw stance meant nothing to Hopkins straight right hand & tactics that had Tarver looking like an amature! I tell you this I believe that Calzaghe, Roy Jones or Taylor couldn't beat that Hopkins chizzled at 182 that night, a 41 year old solid armored fighter with a chin that Tarver couldn't crack! Tarver was frustrated & suprised that he could get off the whole night & that was a blowout! Much respect to the NEW Light Heavyweight champ & hope this seals his legacy even though INO

Now I know that Hopkins said that he will retire, but I'd love to see him take on Calzaghe or Roy at light heavy!
    It was one sided. But arent you forgetting Calzaghe Lacy, that was after Wright Trinidad and its impossible to get more one sided than that fight.

AC-Cobra Guest

Default Re: Hopkins/Tarver: One of the most one-sided victories since Wright/Trinidad?

Quote Originally Posted by AC-Cobra

It was one sided. But arent you forgetting Calzaghe Lacy, that was after Wright Trinidad and its impossible to get more one sided than that fight.
    Except for Wright Trinidad and knocking a guy out in a minute, but i stand by what I said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was one of the biggest a** woopin's I've seen since Winky blew out Tito & INO Hopkins could of KO'd Tarver & finished him off!

Lacy & Calzaghe are in no comparison as greats as Tito or tarver becuz of accomplishments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But yes that was one-sided

AC-Cobra Guest

That was one of the biggest a** woopin's I've seen since Winky blew out Tito & INO Hopkins could of KO'd Tarver & finished him off!

Lacy & Calzaghe are in no comparison as greats as Tito or tarver becuz of accomplishments
    Are you seriously saying Tarver is a great?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Northside your back and your talking rubbish as usual, Clazaghe beat the fuck out of Lacy, it doesnt matter who the greats are it was a 168 unification World Title fight, Clazaghe was more brutal than Hopkins and Tarver.

Also Northside do you still think Tarver would Knock Calzaghe out?? You still convinced, sorry Calzaghe aint from the USA course he would be beaton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you saying Calzaghe isn't great...LMAO!

I am very proud of Bernard Hopkins, he has achieved more than any middleweight ever.

I mean he made tarver look like a joke, he shut him down in every way. He showed tremendous amounts of experience, and ring intelligence that night. He also has a good chin, THIS HOPKINS I BELIEVE COULD BEAT CALZAGHE. However, as much as i would love to see the fight between the two, i wouldn't want him to come out of retirement, i wanted him to go out like A KING. and he DID!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you forget about you boy Lacy or Byrd or Danny W?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zinmex

Did you forget about you boy Lacy or Byrd or Danny W?
    Northside only sees what he want to, thats his problem, have a check of his cc/sc ratio for prove, the guy comes out with the biggest shit on this forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd rank the Wright/Trinidad and Calzaghe/Lacy as equal...bothe were serious a**wuppins....the B-HOP/Tarver is just as good..might be better because of the jump of 2 wt classes....other than that they were great boxing clinics all of them....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you trying to say that lacy is? His point is that you can't really compare the butt whoopins cause tarver and tito were in a different class than lacy which is true.The real question is do you think tarver would have beaten Lacy? I do
    Step up so I can put you down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MRMANICK

Are you trying to say that lacy is? His point is that you can't really compare the butt whoopins cause tarver and tito were in a different class than lacy which is true.The real question is do you think tarver would have beaten Lacy? I do
    Mate have a read of the title of this post, he says the biggest ass whoopin since Winky Trinadad the answer to that question is no simple as that, check the scorecards for the right answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Northside your back and your talking rubbish as usual, Clazaghe beat the F*** out of Lacy, it doesnt matter who the greats are it was a 168 unification World Title fight, Clazaghe was more brutal than Hopkins and Tarver.

Also Northside do you still think Tarver would Knock Calzaghe out?? You still convinced, sorry Calzaghe aint from the USA course he would be beaton.
    Styles make fights, so yes Just cuz Hopkins dismantled him doesn't mean that Joe can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy
    Are you saying Calzaghe isn't great...LMAO!

I am very proud of Bernard Hopkins, he has achieved more than any middleweight ever.

I mean he made tarver look like a joke, he shut him down in every way. He showed tremendous amounts of experience, and ring intelligence that night. He also has a good chin, THIS HOPKINS I BELIEVE COULD BEAT CALZAGHE. However, as much as i would love to see the fight between the two, i wouldn't want him to come out of retirement, i wanted him to go out like A KING. and he DID!
    Joe is a very good fighter & showed me that he can put away a power puncher, but that doesn't make him a world beater especially with a resume' of washed up fighters in comparison to Tarver or Hopkins! But after beating Lacy that badly I got his respect but still doesn't make him a Tarver or Hopkins beater

Thread Information