Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I just had a kid pull a Costanza/Larry David on me!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I just had a kid pull a Costanza/Larry David on me!

I'm a manager at a grocery store here in Michigan. It's not luxurious but it keeps gas in the Jeep and beer in the fridge.

For about a year we had this nice black kid working in our produce section. I liked him a lot because he was a Trump supporter so we kind of bonded over that. He could be a bit of a handful at times though and had to give him a slap on the wrist every now and then, but nothing serious.

Last Friday he decided he wanted this week off on short notice, so he went to another manager at our store with the request. Given the short notice and he was already scheduled to work the full week, we had to turn down his request.

I wasn't there to see it, but apparently he caused quite a scene. Quit on the spot, cursed out this other manager, "fuck your job, fuck this place, fuck you", dropped some N-bombs, and kicked over a stand of red del apples, all in front of horrified customers.

This was Friday. I'm in here today and I look down at the produce section, and sure as shit I see him there putting out the bananas in full uniform! Went over and talked to the kid and he was like "what that? I was pissed, it wasn't a big deal". I was sad about it but I had to tell him there was no way he was still employed here.

It was such a ballsy move on his part, we actually shared a laugh about it, but there was nothing I could do. If it was up to me I'd let him slide!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I just had a kid pull a Costanza/Larry David on me!

You should have let it slide, that should have been a final warning and not do it again.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You should have let it slide, that should have been a final warning and not do it again.
    .....yeah and then he'd see that happen every single time anyone wants time off. Behavioral Psychology, look it up man, you don't reward bad behavior and then expect it'll go away.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he did it again then he would be gone. If anyone did it then they would receive a final warning too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If he did it again then he would be gone. If anyone did it then they would receive a final warning too.

No, just no

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's having a tantrum behind closed doors, but in public spooking customers and damaging produce? No you are acting entitled and damaging produce. You have carried out a criminal act. You are fired.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah. Maybe I'm too old school, but that's an automatic pass to the exit door.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing wrong with grocery management. We all do something if not prob wish we did. We go through a lot of younger guys at my job. Some are good workers some have a really crappy attitude. We had one guy two weeks ago that I had to talk to. He was doing absolutely nothing. I told him if he kept it up he would be gone the next day. He was gone the next day.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it was up to me, I'd let the kid slide because I like him and he is a good kid.

But the other guy he cussed out won't go for it and the head muckity mucks agree with him.

As a big Seinfeld fan, I just found it funny someone actually followed in Larry David's footsteps!

Thread Information