Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Miguel Cotto to return in the fall

I do not think Diaz is the problem, Cotto has fought really well under him and Diaz has got the best out of him. The opponents just have been better.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps cotto should start his own weight divison...as theres always an excuse why he seems to loose whether its at 154 or 147.

Cotto was good enough in both weight classes but is mentally damaged after margarito.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny... not once have I heard an excuse come out of Cotto's mouth for losing. Not even when he got hammered by Margarito's plaster casts. He's also been willing to fight at catch weights requested by other fighters (ie: Pacquiao). Don't know what the big deal is.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I do not think Diaz is the problem, Cotto has fought really well under him and Diaz has got the best out of him. The opponents just have been better.
    Agree except for Margarito I
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Agree except for Margarito I
    Which is why he won that one.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Funny... not once have I heard an excuse come out of Cotto's mouth for losing. Not even when he got hammered by Margarito's plaster casts. He's also been willing to fight at catch weights requested by other fighters (ie: Pacquiao). Don't know what the big deal is.
    Cotto has been very willing but others have made excuses.

Cotto was never the same after that fight with margarito.

The real crime is that margarito, the trainer and bob arum arent in jail.

Luis resto part 2

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Luis resto part 2

Very true. You could also argue that Margarito got hit by big time karma in his fight with Pacquaio, when he got his eye socket shattered (albeit completely legally). The one-year slap on the wrist Margarito received for the plaster incident was shameful. And Jose Sulaiman was bellyaching the whole time. Even more disgraceful.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Luis resto part 2

Very true. You could also argue that Margarito got hit by big time karma in his fight with Pacquaio, when he got his eye socket shattered (albeit completely legally). The one-year slap on the wrist Margarito received for the plaster incident was shameful. And Jose Sulaiman was bellyaching the whole time. Even more disgraceful.
    Its not enough for me tito, just think of all the other careers he might have ruined.

When margarito beat martinez many moons ago he was probably cheating then?! At least it was early in sergio career and he could get over it.

Cotto should fight the overrated canelo and just call it a day..154 is his weightclass..just like there are big and litttle heavyweights or welterweights, cotto has to accept sometimes being smaller can play to your advantage.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Luis resto part 2

Its not enough for me tito, just think of all the other careers he might have ruined.

When margarito beat martinez many moons ago he was probably cheating then?! At least it was early in sergio career and he could get over it.

Cotto should fight the overrated canelo and just call it a day..154 is his weightclass..just like there are big and litttle heavyweights or welterweights, cotto has to accept sometimes being smaller can play to your advantage.

I'd love to see Cotto fight and beat Canelo. But the clock is ticking and definitely not on Cotto's side. If it's not the next fight, then the chances of Cotto pulling it off diminish significantly, IMO.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto needs to go to canelo body early and expose this golden hype whos scared s£&tless of trout.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have love to have seen the difference mayweather sr would have made to cotto earlier on as his trainer.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Luis resto part 2

Yup. The pitiful punishment was almost as big a crime as the act of loading the gloves. Its as if they didn't care but had to do something. Same with roids. The powers at be probably support drug use because of the added explosion they provide in the ring. Its only when someone is caught that they then take the politically correct stance.If they were really concerned some form of random testing would be applied. Instead oh it costs to much, there is only one lab, bla bla bla.

@TitoFan It still makes me shake my head that nobody from Cottos corner went in to witness Margarito's hand wraps.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have love to have seen the difference mayweather sr would have made to cotto earlier on as his trainer.
    Mayweather Snr knows very little about training fighters, he would not have improved Cotto any more than his current trainer.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Luis resto part 2

Yup. The pitiful punishment was almost as big a crime as the act of loading the gloves. Its as if they didn't care but had to do something. Same with roids. The powers at be probably support drug use because of the added explosion they provide in the ring. Its only when someone is caught that they then take the politically correct stance.If they were really concerned some form of random testing would be applied. Instead oh it costs to much, there is only one lab, bla bla bla.

@TitoFan It still makes me shake my head that nobody from Cottos corner went in to witness Margarito's hand wraps.

The cost excuse for not improving testing for PEDs in boxing is pathetic. Couple of us had a heated argument about this subject on another thread a while back. Bottom line is, there's enough money in boxing, and testing can be done within certain cost parameters. It's not a bottomless pit of money like some would like us to believe.

I can't fathom either why no one went to Margarito's corner to check the wraps. It's too late after the damage has been done... and to Cotto's credit he came back from that illegal beating to rack up some good wins, including a payback over the cheating bastard himself.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather Snr knows very little about training fighters, he would not have improved Cotto any more than his current trainer.

I've wondered how the late, great Manny Stewart would've impacted Cotto's career. But at the same time I give all the credit in the world to Pedro Diaz for implementing some unorthodox training methods to Cotto's camp, and for bringing Cotto back toward the boxing style that served him so well earlier in his career.

Thread Information