Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Worst medical thing you have experienced

I've had a few but I'd say the worst was having a snapped tendon. It was the main tendon in my right leg, some Latin name of which I forget. Prior to surgery my foot and calf would balloon so I could hardly get a shoe on. Had surgery, couldn't put any weight on for 3 months, after which I had to wear one of those medical boots for another three months. It's has been about 8 years since the surgery and although the pain isn't bad it has never felt right. No limp or anything just always uncomfortable. I really can't run or ski anymore because of it

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Worst medical thing you have experienced

I've been relatively lucky

I had to have my appendix out when I was about 14, they had to swill my guts out because it was so close to bursting that the poison had started to seep out of it.

The worst thing I've ever experienced though was shortly after getting the flu I got an infection on the lining of my skull (or brain I can't remember now)
    Completely bed ridden for well over a week, the one time I did try to go downstairs it took me over 45 minutes to get from my bedroom to my living room.
    Every time I moved I had this searing pain which at times took away my vision it was that bad.

I was in my early twenties then, probably should have gone to the hospital about that but my parents obviously didn't think it was all that bad I just went to the doctors after a week had passed.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I've had a few but I'd say the worst was having a snapped tendon. It was the main tendon in my right leg, some Latin name of which I forget. Prior to surgery my foot and calf would balloon so I could hardly get a shoe on. Had surgery, couldn't put any weight on for 3 months, after which I had to wear one of those medical boots for another three months. It's has been about 8 years since the surgery and although the pain isn't bad it has never felt right. No limp or anything just always uncomfortable. I really can't run or ski anymore because of it
    Right then let's settle this once and for all.

After you snapped your tendon do you think you could have fought Tony bellew for four or five rounds?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Right then let's settle this once and for all.

After you snapped your tendon do you think you could have fought Tony bellew for four or five rounds?
    Right after it happened yes, and I
    Would have won

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I once sneezed and thought i caught a cold but luckily it was just hay fever.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You have never been hurt you have got to be kidding

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You have never been hurt you have got to be kidding
    Ruptured my ACL playing football in my right knee which I eventually had operated on years later. Very painful operation. The silly physiotherapist made me do exercise too early and started to bleed in the bed and had to stay a few extra days. I will never forgive her.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most of my life was fairly smooth, but it has gone wrong in the last year. I have 11 hospital appointments scheduled for May, it's an insane regimen of testing. It wouldn't be so bad if it was minor stuff, but it's potentially very serious and I am not even talking about my cancer for which 2 of the appointments are for (follow ups). The doctor last week said she has seen only a few people with the symptoms I have and you are talking about a major hospital. It will be a tough month, but I am going to stay positive.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also, I got hit by a car while I was riding a bike. Went head first into the cars windsheild and damn near took my nose off. My nose was but back on skin from behind my ear, they then took skin from my thigh and covered the back of my ear. Had over three hundred stitches above the neck alone. Broke every bone in my right hand along with a fractured neck and broken ribs. Also got hit by shrapnel

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Most of my life was fairly smooth, but it has gone wrong in the last year. I have 11 hospital appointments scheduled for May, it's an insane regimen of testing. It wouldn't be so bad if it was minor stuff, but it's potentially very serious and I am not even talking about my cancer for which 2 of the appointments are for (follow ups). The doctor last week said she has seen only a few people with the symptoms I have and you are talking about a major hospital. It will be a tough month, but I am going to stay positive.
    @Gandalf I missed your post, so r u saying u have something else going on medically besides your last crisis that's crazy dude u alright

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Potentially so, but still running tests whence all these appointments. Plus I have had that other stress recently as well. It's not turning out to be a very easy or pleasant comeback at all. I regret not taking a year out completely.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Potentially so, but still running tests whence all these appointments. Plus I have had that other stress recently as well. It's not turning out to be a very easy or pleasant comeback at all. I regret not taking a year out completely.
    Damn miles very sorry to hear that. Health issues are scary. I pray things will go well.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cannabis

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good luck mate.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also, I got hit by a car while I was riding a bike. Went head first into the cars windsheild and damn near took my nose off. My nose was but back on skin from behind my ear, they then took skin from my thigh and covered the back of my ear. Had over three hundred stitches above the neck alone. Broke every bone in my right hand along with a fractured neck and broken ribs. Also got hit by shrapnel
    Man thats harsh shit to go through! Glad you are ok.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information