Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Hatton or Witter

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who impressed more last night?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who impressed more last night?

Post why as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who impressed more last night?

didn't see witter. so if anybody has a video please send it to me. i was impressed with hatton early in his fight but in the 5th when the other guy started going to the body it seem like he was in alittle trouble. those shot seem to really be hurting hatton. hatton fairly easily just like he should have being as though he had way more experince

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who knows.. Hatton certainly didn't impress me overly, I hated all that holding in the late rounds.. but Witter was fighting an even worse opponent.. Much worse in fact, so he really didn't have the oppourtunity to impress anyone.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing with hatton is, he will find a way to win. He's a very smart fighter. He impressed me with his smartness last night. I like watching smart fighters so it did it for me. Same with watchin Mayweather tho. I can watch him run and whoop arse at the same time all night long. Its brilliant. If i wanna watch a slugfest i'll go into town on a saturday night at closing time. If i wanna watch a smart fighter go about his business i'll tune into a hatton or a Maweather fight.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only guy who impressed was Ngoudjo.
    Within a hairs breadth of a win! he looked like a real up and comer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by landmine950
    The only guy who impressed was Ngoudjo.
    Within a hairs breadth of a win! he looked like a real up and comer!
    i didn't see all of that fight but he looked impressive in the rounds i saw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Witter did score a stoppage.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Out of the two options I would probably say that Witter impressed the most, although that may well be down to the level of his opposition. Although it took a while to wear the Mexican lad down, and he was very boring and methodical in doing it, once he sniffed that the guy was done he finished him off well.

With Hatton, Billy Graham was telling him from some 5 rounds out that he needed to survive, and Hatton was looking to cling instead of closing out the fight as he would if he was strong enough. Disappointing main events on the whole, but the undercards had plenty of action, excitement and all that good shizzle.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Richard Byrd impressed me the most. He proved he's ready to take his place amongst the top tier of referees.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After watching the fights again this morning. I was the most impressed by Jose Luis Castillo. After a year off, Castillo comes back at a new weight against an undefeated fighter who fought the fight of his life. Ngoudjo was in the spot light for the first time in his career. He was not going to just lay down. He gave Castillo a fight. And in doing so, he allowed Castillo to get some much needed work in. Castillo wasn't 100% on his game last night. But he dug deep and pulled out the last couple of rounds. Showing that age is not a factor. More importantly was the fact that the body attack was there and that Castillo can go 12 rounds without huffing and puffing. People might think Castillo looked bad last night and that he's past his prime. They think Hatton will walk through him. Let them. This was a good fight for Castillo. Come June there will be no ring rust. Castillo will be 100% on his game. And will see how much Hatton likes them body shots.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    After watching the fights again this morning. I was the most impressed by Jose Luis Castillo. After a year off, Castillo comes back at a new weight against an undefeated fighter who fought the fight of his life. Ngoudjo was in the spot light for the first time in his career. He was not going to just lay down. He gave Castillo a fight. And in doing so, he allowed Castillo to get some much needed work in. Castillo wasn't 100% on his game last night. But he dug deep and pulled out the last couple of rounds. Showing that age is not a factor. More importantly was the fact that the body attack was there and that Castillo can go 12 rounds without huffing and puffing. People might think Castillo looked bad last night and that he's past his prime. They think Hatton will walk through him. Let them. This was a good fight for Castillo. Come June there will be no ring rust. Castillo will be 100% on his game. And will see how much Hatton likes them body shots.
    Come on be honest VD, if Hatton had fought that kid and put on the exact same performance you would have said he was awful.

I don't think the fight has any bearings on Castillo's future at the weight however, it was just a mediocre performance. I thought he won most of the later rounds to deserve the victory but he certainly didn't impress me.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Come on be honest VD, if Hatton had fought that kid and put on the exact same performance you would have said he was awful.

I don't think the fight has any bearings on Castillo's future at the weight however, it was just a mediocre performance. I thought he won most of the later rounds to deserve the victory but he certainly didn't impress me.
    It wasn't the greatest performance by Castillo, I'll give you that. But keep in mind he's been out for over a year. And his previous fight before that didn't even last 4 rounds. Also unlike Urango, Ngoudjo wasn't made for Castillo. He wasn't slow as lava and didn't just stay in front of Castillo. He was also trying to make in impression. Under those circumstances, I reviewed the fight again. And after originally being disappointed in Castillo, I now look at it as something he needed. He'll benefit more from going 12 rounds than if he would of scored a 2nd round knock out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ill add a third option, Barry Morrison. Started a heavy underdog and after an amazing fight managed to beat Lenny Daws for the british light welter title. If anyone missed this one try and give it a look, was definately the most exciting fight of the night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Castillo can take a lot of positives from that fight, despite being ring rusty. Ngoudjo was a solid, and quick 140lber, and Castillo could trade with him all night, and just about got the better of him, his punches were landing and his chin was solid. No real signs of fatigue, he has confidence now that he can do it again in June, and get up for it more. The match-up is excellent, and last night was excellent preparation for both camps for June 2nd, Thomas and Mack centre, 18,000 sold out, HBO Championship Boxing.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes

Post why as well

It depends on what you mean by impressed.

Castillo hada tougher opponent. That fight was much more entertaining. I thought Ngoudjo won it 115-113 though.

Hatton hada strong opponent in front of him, that didn't have great skills though. I knew Hatton had no chance of a KO, but I think he should have won bigger though. He shoulda atleast wobbled him once.

Thread Information