Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Racism/Chimp Pic/BBC/Royals/Danny Baker Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Nobody here knows shit about racism, but it doesn't stop everyone from talking up a storm.

Racism isn't words. It's an attitude and a set of held beliefs. If you say "nigger" in a conversation, but in all honesty do not consider blacks to be inferior or objectionable, then you're not racist. If said person says "nigger" to a black person and the black person objects, usually the first person will refrain from using the word so as to not offend the black person. This is not rocket science. It's basic human nature and principles of human decency. The same goes for every race, ethnic group, gender, and every other worldly distinction which separates us from one another.

You could be squeaky clean in your lexicon and be the world's worst racist.
    This is exactly why it's not simple. The crux of this argument is a man got sacked for posting a chimp pic, he swears blind the intent wasn't aimed at black people in any way, he has never done/said a racist thing in 61 years and everyone who knows him backs him up. He has literally fought against racist/facists. However, not only is losing his job not sufficient punishment, whole swathes of society want him arrested. I've heard dozens of black people washing away any defence of him with - "yeah, right, closet racist."

You use the word nigger, regardless of context, how will you prove the intent wasn't racist? Like Batman's example of "niggardly," he was taken to task for fear of offending people who don't understand the meaning, for fear of offending a lack of intelligence. Mad world.

I hadn't read the article link in the OP, so went back and read it. What's sad is that all this uproar against Baker is amplified because it has to do with a royal baby. Had it been Jane Doe's baby, who knows... the guy would probably still have his job. I tend to lean toward giving Baker the benefit of the doubt. You have to look at a person's background, not just casually wash away over 60 years of personal history. On the other hand, about a year ago there was a furor over Roseanne Barr making a racist Tweet comparing Obama aide Valerie Jarrett to an ape. In that case, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion that Roseanne is very much a racist. That's why these things shouldn't be broad-brushed.
    But what if the person does look a bit chimp like? For instance, I have always thought Brad Pitt has a touch of chimp, but it isn't racism. There is a former wrestler on TV here who looks a bit ape like, but I would hardly say everyone looks ape like. People really do sometimes look a funny way. Was Bonham Carter mocking black people when she dressed up as a monkey? I think people have had their brain chemistry altered and just want to be triggered by key words these days.

Context, Miles.

As mature, intelligent human beings, we should be able to discern between the racist and the non-racist. Roseanne, being the lowlife comedienne that she is, was totally racist in her comments. She meant it to be racist, and it came out entirely racist. She got what was coming to her. The chimp/ape thing, I see your point. Unfortunately history is loaded with racist views comparing blacks to monkeys.... so it's tough to come off any other way than racist when you go the chimp/ape route. Yes... some white people look a bit like apes. But comparing a black person to one is going to get you in heaps of trouble no matter what the intention was.
    True, but this is where the eggshells thing has become a bit too much. X is not white and made a potentially racist joke, but nobody is going to get upset by it. It is after all only a joke. I think the media basically spends too much time blowing up silly online stuff into drama for views and people are easily psyched. We saw the same thing with MAGA boy. The poor kid was being threatened and dragged through the gutter for racism despite not doing anything at all. The media is responsible for a lot of the drama by hyping up things that are best ignored or certainly would be had a non-white person done it. Personally I do not care if black people want to be racist or anybody for the matter, just as long as it is not malicious or leading to violence.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Nobody here knows shit about racism, but it doesn't stop everyone from talking up a storm.

Racism isn't words. It's an attitude and a set of held beliefs. If you say "nigger" in a conversation, but in all honesty do not consider blacks to be inferior or objectionable, then you're not racist. If said person says "nigger" to a black person and the black person objects, usually the first person will refrain from using the word so as to not offend the black person. This is not rocket science. It's basic human nature and principles of human decency. The same goes for every race, ethnic group, gender, and every other worldly distinction which separates us from one another.

You could be squeaky clean in your lexicon and be the world's worst racist.
    This is exactly why it's not simple. The crux of this argument is a man got sacked for posting a chimp pic, he swears blind the intent wasn't aimed at black people in any way, he has never done/said a racist thing in 61 years and everyone who knows him backs him up. He has literally fought against racist/facists. However, not only is losing his job not sufficient punishment, whole swathes of society want him arrested. I've heard dozens of black people washing away any defence of him with - "yeah, right, closet racist."

You use the word nigger, regardless of context, how will you prove the intent wasn't racist? Like Batman's example of "niggardly," he was taken to task for fear of offending people who don't understand the meaning, for fear of offending a lack of intelligence. Mad world.
    What shocks me most about it it is

Nobody has made a Joke about Danny and Daz and asking someone on the doorstep if they are proud of their whites

Nobody has brought up Meghans hubby actually choosing to dress up as an actual Nazi....for fun
    I've heard the history of Royals - Harry dressing as a Nazi - being brought up several times when people are crying about the terrible life the baby is going to endure in racist evil Britain and the Royal family (i'm honestly offended by people who cry about the hardship of Royals).

The most common reply is - "Just because a white man marries a black woman doesn't mean they're not racist." (like you with the Asian wives club )
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-15-2019 at 02:14 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wasn't being racist, just saying that the girl already looks like a monkey, bless her. I'm a bit confused how saying a white woman looks vaguely simian is racist ..... but as you say, it's all getting a bit bonkers.

maybe it's 'speciesist'?

Inalsomthink the comedian Miranda Hart looks like a fish, and Ian Hislop looks like a sloth.
    Last edited by X; 05-15-2019 at 05:57 AM.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I wasn't being racist, just saying that the girl already looks like a monkey, bless her. I'm a bit confused how saying a white woman looks vaguely simian is racist ..... but as you say, it's all getting a bit bonkers.

maybe it's 'speciesist'?

Inalsomthink the comedian Miranda Hart looks like a fish, and Ian Hislop looks like a sloth.
    You sound like Danny Baker. BTW, I agree with you.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He wasn't been racist FFS - he's a clever dude. The people that took it as 'racist' are the ones with the issue, they are the one's thinking that Black people are chimps, probably never crossed his mind.

Fucking Royals do my head in. Time for a revolution. How in 2019 can we just accept that this family have a divine right to live in castles and turn up for talks about the plight of poverty in a gold encrusted carriage?

'Oh but they bring in more than they cost' Do they fuck, Paris has enough tourism without a Monarchy, people don't visit historical building to actually meet the queen. Get rid of them all!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

El Kabong Guest

Are you kidding me @BIG H ?!?!?!?!

Stephen Fry accused of using White Power gesture in post about mental health
    https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/13/steph...ealth-9511668/

Racism is EVERYWHERE

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Racism is EVERYWHERE

That seems to be more abut the fact that people are offended by people not being offended. It's quite clear there is nothing subliminal or troll like in using an overt OK sign. The whole issue with it for me is that when you dick around holding upside down by your side covertly is that you give credence to people with nothing better to do than troll and bait and then act surprised when it is co-opted by actual alt-right and racists fucks. About a year back I had to tell a few fighters on weigh in photos to pack it in if they wanted to be taken seriously. Stick it on your facebook photos if you like, but the promoter is not going to catch shit just so you can have a laugh with your mates.

It's a bit like your Pepe sig. I and most people here may know you are not alt-right etc, but in the end instead of trying to show how stupid other people are in falling for a prank, you end up looking like somebody who wants people to be outraged so that you can be offended at them taking offense.

People are addicted to outrage and they make the mistake of thinking that it is one way traffic. Carl Benjamin on the BBC today trying to do a Jordan Peterson is a case in point. If he wants to insist that words have no power then you have no right to whinge about the media misconstruing a willfully provocative and offensive remark. To then bottle it, and then rather than like a man admit it was a stupid and childish thing to say, pretend it was a joke, is him acting no better than the majority of people whom he mistakenly thinks he inhabits the moral high ground over.

And yes unfortunately mate, racism is everywhere, and very much more overt and violent in this country in the last couple of years. Citing examples of pretend racism does not make it go away.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steven Fry does a gesture harmless gesture...turns into a Beanz rant about Peterson and Carl Benjamin. Welcome to the world of Saddo's.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Racism is EVERYWHERE

That seems to be more abut the fact that people are offended by people not being offended. It's quite clear there is nothing subliminal or troll like in using an overt OK sign. The whole issue with it for me is that when you dick around holding upside down by your side covertly is that you give credence to people with nothing better to do than troll and bait and then act surprised when it is co-opted by actual alt-right and racists fucks. About a year back I had to tell a few fighters on weigh in photos to pack it in if they wanted to be taken seriously. Stick it on your facebook photos if you like, but the promoter is not going to catch shit just so you can have a laugh with your mates.

It's a bit like your Pepe sig. I and most people here may know you are not alt-right etc, but in the end instead of trying to show how stupid other people are in falling for a prank, you end up looking like somebody who wants people to be outraged so that you can be offended at them taking offense.

People are addicted to outrage and they make the mistake of thinking that it is one way traffic. Carl Benjamin on the BBC today trying to do a Jordan Peterson is a case in point. If he wants to insist that words have no power then you have no right to whinge about the media misconstruing a willfully provocative and offensive remark. To then bottle it, and then rather than like a man admit it was a stupid and childish thing to say, pretend it was a joke, is him acting no better than the majority of people whom he mistakenly thinks he inhabits the moral high ground over.

And yes unfortunately mate, racism is everywhere, and very much more overt and violent in this country in the last couple of years. Citing examples of pretend racism does not make it go away.
    This the interview?

He bottled nothing and told the truth, it was a provocative and edgy joke. End of. You live in a horribly tedious world of correctness. Nobody in the comments there agrees with you and neither do I. You must be speaking for the entire UK as usual. And who are these racist Asians too? What did they do to you exactly?

Let people watch and make up their own minds, eh.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody in the comments agrees with you is not an argument.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody in the comments agrees with you is not an argument.
    It is an argument as those are real people with views and most of them agree with Benjamin which is interesting considering that the BBC only brought up people who were against him and we have no idea where they pulled them from. Notice how they bookended that segment with 'distressed' people upset that he wouldn't rape anyone (and then followed up with another joke) and framed the entire thing refusing to even let him make his points and you are the one here telling him he needs to man up and apologize. You the very same man that won't go near him because you will and I quote 'lose your family and your job'. Hilarious. So, yes, the media does have something to answer for if people are being physically attacked and he has been several times now. I doubt anybody has ever been in turn sexually assaulted motivated by Benjamin's edgy jokes. Less we not forget the original Tweet was years ago and it is the MEDIA splashing it all around the place distorting its intent. 'Rape this' and 'rape that'. It was ANTI RAPE. It isn't like your ANTIFA where it is opposite land.

And I know one is not allowed to ask you questions, but while we are in a thread about race would you care to expand upon these allegations of racist Asians loitering around the South East of England? I really want to believe you, but your evasiveness makes me suspect that you tell porkies.

El Kabong Guest

You've never played 'the circle game"?

WOW

Ummm...just wow

El Kabong Guest

There's also something called context which people use to discern JOKE (what Sargon said) vs LYING AND GASLIGHTING (what the media does)

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

#icoulddothisallday

https://pluralist.com/batwoman-trail...ack-or-jewish/

Thread Information