Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Morales Vs Marquez

no it's not a thread of this fight happening now lol
    i just saw a highlight reel of the Barrera Vs. Marquez fight, and then saw Morales Vs. Chavez and couldn't help but think that Morales Vs. Marquez would have been a lot more explosive than Barrera/Marquez (not that it wasn't already a hell of a fight), IMO were both technically sharper than Barrera but Morales' if you hurt me i'm gonna kill you attitude would have made the difference, any opinions?

PS. hey at least it's not a Mayweather/Pacquiao thread lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Morales Vs Marquez

I think Morales would have won that one in their primes. What a war it would have been though. Looking back now Morales' win over Pacman is looking better and better on him. Looking at how Pac has dispatched his recent foes(whom are bigger) that last beatdown didnt seem soo bad. Why do I think Morales would win? He stays with his technique once the exchanges start and Marquez tends to open up and take one to give one. I think Morales would land more and get a points win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

morales and marquez were not technically sharper than barrera. barrera was always the most versatile of the three.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree. In the height of their primes, I think Barrera is the best of them. Like you said I think Barrera was deff the sharpest also. Plus I love the attitude of the Baby face, he'd sucker punch your mother if he didnt like you.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morales outboxed Barrera clearly in their second fight (the fight he should have gotten the nod in), thing is Morales wouldn't keep his composure and when he would get tagged or slightly rocked he'd just go at it and be hell bent on hurting you, if you're gonna go by technique and all around natural BOXING ability, both Morales and Marquez were ahead of Barrera

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morales was my favourite fighter of these 3 legends. Remember when he beat Pac and tried to be cocky in the last round and go southpaw and Manny nearly knocked him out. That sums up Morales, very emotional, still never forgiven MAB?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Re: Morales Vs Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Morales was my favourite fighter of these 3 legends. Remember when he beat Pac and tried to be cocky in the last round and go southpaw and Manny nearly knocked him out. That sums up Morales, very emotional, still never forgiven MAB?
    what for?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to ask - We know what we'd get from Morales but which version of Marquez? The patient counter puncher or the more recent aggressive boxer?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    I'd like to ask - We know what we'd get from Morales but which version of Marquez? The patient counter puncher or the more recent aggressive boxer?
    i think given the pace that Morales would put, that Marquez would have no choice but to have a happy medium and mesh both styles, it's how Barrera had success against Morales, if he just simply tried to counter him IMO he'd get overwhelmed by sharp accurate jabs and right hands ending up getting outpointed, but if he'd mix it up like he did with Pacquiao and Diaz it'd be an even fight and a war

and back to Barrera, IMO the thing that set him apart from the other two is he was better at adapting to different styles of his opponents, just look at the two Juarez fights

jon09 Guest

This could have been a great fight and I would have loved to seen it if it had been made. I would lean toward Eric winning a close 1 with him being the aggressor in the earlier rounds and JMM coming on strong late only to lose a close decision. But I would take JMM in the rematch. Its to bad that fighters like Hamed, JMM, Morales and Barrera didn't all fight each other like Leonard Hagler, Hearns and Duran did.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    This could have been a great fight and I would have loved to seen it if it had been made. I would lean toward Eric winning a close 1 with him being the aggressor in the earlier rounds and JMM coming on strong late only to lose a close decision. But I would take JMM in the rematch. Its to bad that fighters like Hamed, JMM, Morales and Barrera didn't all fight each other like Leonard Hagler, Hearns and Duran did.
    would have loved it if they all fought round the time of mab/morales 1

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO all 3 (Morales, Barrera, and Marquez) would beat Hamed, hell Barrera already did lol and he did it impressively

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    IMO all 3 (Morales, Barrera, and Marquez) would beat Hamed, hell Barrera already did lol and he did it impressively
    I agree, Hamed was never in that class only his hype was.

As for Em vs JMM, I think Em would win everytime. Just like Pac would win everytime over Mab, but Pac vs JMM and Pac Em would always be 50/50 just like Em vs Mab.

This is ofcourse base on the fighters 126 pound days.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post

I agree, Hamed was never in that class only his hype was.

As for Em vs JMM, I think Em would win everytime. Just like Pac would win everytime over Mab, but Pac vs JMM and Pac Em would always be 50/50 just like Em vs Mab.

This is ofcourse base on the fighters 126 pound days.
    i think we could even go as far as up to 130, all were still superb fighters in this weight class

jon09 Guest

I think Hamed would have beaten Morales because it took alot of discipline from Barrera to beat Hamed and I think the hot headed Morales would have tried to brawl with the Prince and would have got caught with a big punch.

Thread Information