Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  77
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lock down.

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Lock down.

Well most if not all places of worship near me have gone on the web or on the radio.

That being said as citizens of the United States we've got rights to Assemble and Worship freely regardless of our religious beliefs. And THAT said, we should all be smart during this time of a deadly virus, but of course when the government says it's going to 100% stop and enforce the stop of these things, that's where things can get hairy. That kind of crackdown clicks the button in the mind of a person who is just looking for the government to step over one of those Constitutional lines in the sand.

Florida is a crazy place, what can I say? I'd love to get back to Church myself, but I'm cool with taking a break as well. If not for MY safety then for the safety of the elderly and of course my own family. There's plenty of ways to worship or spread the word without going to church. In fact in times like this, surely our energies are best used at helping our friends, neighbors, and loved ones and supporting them through this trying time?

I get what you're saying, it ain't lost on me.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There will be some interesting Supreme Court cases arising out of this. They are writing the playbook for a pandemic.
    Last edited by walrus; 04-03-2020 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Opinions differ of course. But I find it basically sad that it comes down to the government having to say "pretty please" in the middle of a known pandemic (unless you've spoken to TIC). Seems petty and misplaced to me to be worrying about Constitutional rights, especially when people's common sense should drive them to social distancing and maybe staying at home on their own. It's almost like people would be getting mentally ready to do that.... and then the government would say "you HAVE to do that"..... and all of a sudden they'd back off, because the government just infringed on their rights. Weird.

I guess mistrust of the government runs deep and is part of this popular segment of the population that believes that Big Brother is putting all the chess pieces in position to deliver that one grand checkmate to U.S. citizens. You'd think that for just this ONCE, given the pandemic (real to everyone but TIC)..... that people would put their shoulder chips aside and let the government tell them what to do. The sooner the pandemic crisis is over, the sooner people can get back to mistrusting the government and business as usual.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Opinions differ of course. But I find it basically sad that it comes down to the government having to say "pretty please" in the middle of a known pandemic (unless you've spoken to TIC). Seems petty and misplaced to me to be worrying about Constitutional rights, especially when people's common sense should drive them to social distancing and maybe staying at home on their own. It's almost like people would be getting mentally ready to do that.... and then the government would say "you HAVE to do that"..... and all of a sudden they'd back off, because the government just infringed on their rights. Weird.

I guess mistrust of the government runs deep and is part of this popular segment of the population that believes that Big Brother is putting all the chess pieces in position to deliver that one grand checkmate to U.S. citizens. You'd think that for just this ONCE, given the pandemic (real to everyone but TIC)..... that people would put their shoulder chips aside and let the government tell them what to do. The sooner the pandemic crisis is over, the sooner people can get back to mistrusting the government and business as usual.
    other things like determine what is “essential” will come into play. Right now abortion clinics are fighting for “essential” status.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miss trust of the government!!!! stay in do not mix simple not rocket science is it common sense which the majority of people lack has large amounts of the population become fucking thick and stupid.
    Remember people you NO what you have to do we are asking people sit down in the comfort of their home.!
    I have returned to work as my medical conditions are not serious enough to self isolated for 12 weeks.
    We await what's coming weather we will cope I do not know anyhow stay safe you lot don't go outside in public unless it is absolutely necessary.đź‘Ť

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no thanks, you can let the government tell you what to do, i'll take a hard pass, you act like a child that has to obey what daddy says
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

no thanks, you can let the government tell you what to do, i'll take a hard pass, you act like a child that has to obey what daddy says

Relax TIC... you'll give yourself a stroke with all that hostility.

I'm just having a good time poking fun at your conspiratorial ass.

Go out... party... get on crowded buses... and whatever else your heart desires.

And by all means continue reporting back on all that COVID-19 conspiracy hoax business.

Keep up the good work.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Go out... party... get on crowded buses... and whatever else your heart desires.

And by all means continue reporting back on all that COVID-19 conspiracy hoax business.

Keep up the good work.
    no hostility, just saying no thanks, i am enjoying myself, i do feel sorry for those that are out of work or their businesses are finished due to the government deciding they are not essential. i'm sure their work & income was essential to them to prove for their families, the virus didn't do that, the government did
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Keep up the good work.
    no hostility, just saying no thanks, i am enjoying myself, i do feel sorry for those that are out of work or their businesses are finished due to the government deciding they are not essential. i'm sure their work & income was essential to them to prove for their families, the virus didn't do that, the government did
    @TIC are all virus fake. Do they even exist.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Keep up the good work.
    @walrus is god fake. does it even exist

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Keep up the good work.
    Ok but my question was about virus, do they exist on out flat planet

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Keep up the good work.
    Ok but my question was about virus, do they exist on out flat planet
    & my question was about god, does it exist somewhere

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i feel ya, i'm bored by walrus

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Religion if people take comfort from it well is it such a bad thing know not really.
    What we are asked to DO is sit on your ass not pick up a gun we are fighting a virus we cannot see so stay in do not mix it's fucking simple people being bored well it's a small price to pay.
    Remember guys I AM THE LAST PERSON you want to see in my line of work stay safe don't be a dick stay at home .

Thread Information