157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Before Wilder/Joshua...

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Wilder is turning into a Bowe style champion , lazy and easy fights.
    We all just want to see the best fight the best.
    As much as I think Bowe peaked in roughly 2 or 3 fights I don't think Wilder is fit to fold his shorts. In 6 yrs and same same amount of wins Bowe was essentially done, but compared to Wilder he fought very good competition. Sometimes . The Dokes fight was a shat show gimme for the hometown New York bwoy but he did agree to fight top ranked Mercer. Before Mercer went all whispering into the ear of Fergusson and blew the opportunity of a lifetime. Enter Fergusson on a technicality.

Crap so I had to check myself...Wilder v Ortiz is a done deal! Have to credit both for stepping up there. Finally!
    Just to clear up I didn't compare Wlider to Bowe as a fighter , I compared his title reign.
    Wilder for all his faults keeps winning so lets just see him in with a live body.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    In a way with the right marketing and "marinating" this could break the ppv record especially if AJ fought in USA before he meets Wilder.

I would be glad to see Floyd's record broken so quickly.
    I admire your tenacity. Sneaking Floyd into the thread like that! #missinghim #cantlivewithouthim!!! 😂😂😂
    It also sounds like he is actively applauding the PPV model

full of surprises is our Master
    I am not. No fight should be ppv, it is evil.
    But you still want the Boxers to earn good money! Priceless.😂
    They can earn that through endorsements and advertising being on mainstream TV.
    Fucking clueless. So Carl Froch can make £10million out of fairy liquid ads can he?
    Now you're just embarrassing yourself.
    Henry Cooper did it.
    £10 million More like 10 grand. Fighters were exploited way more back then.
    Taking into account inflation that would be the same.
    Whaaaaat! So you would rather have £10k in the sixties/seventies, than £10million now? Or the same?
    Are you fucking kidding me?
    Ten grand in the sixties would probably buy a decent suburban house with maybe a couple of grand to pay for a washing machine, a colour TV and some furniture.
    As for 10 million.........
    And you never answered my point about fighters getting exploited more in them days.
    Come on @Master, get fucking real will ya!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In a way with the right marketing and "marinating" this could break the ppv record especially if AJ fought in USA before he meets Wilder.

I admire your tenacity. Sneaking Floyd into the thread like that! #missinghim #cantlivewithouthim!!! 😂😂😂

Fucking clueless. So Carl Froch can make £10million out of fairy liquid ads can he?
    Henry Cooper did it.
    Whaaaaat! So you would rather have £10k in the sixties/seventies, than £10million now? Or the same?
    Ten grand in the sixties would probably buy a decent suburban house with maybe a couple of grand to pay for a washing machine, a colour TV and some furniture.
    And you never answered my point about fighters getting exploited more in them days.
    Yes they were exploited but now TV companies and Promoters are getting their share of the PPV and all of them perpetuate PPV because it brings in disproportionate and excessive amount of money that they would not normally make because they have made fans believe it is normal and acceptable.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But before ppv, promoters and TV companies were taking virtually all of the money, albeit a smaller pot.
    I'm no fan of the ridiculous PPV worthy fights that are made, but
    A. At least the fighters are getting better taken care of. And I don't just mean money. Medical care, safety, etc. and
    B. What can we do about it? The only thing is boycott them and turn your back on it. But what do you do? For example, You talk about Floyd more than anyone! This makes him relevant
    and although you may not buy his fights , the guy you are arguing with will! And other people will see the debate and think "I'm gonna have to watch this to see how it pans out!"
    So there you have it @Master, it's all YOUR FUCKING FAULT!!! 😎

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Henry Cooper did it.
    Yes they were exploited but now TV companies and Promoters are getting their share of the PPV and all of them perpetuate PPV because it brings in disproportionate and excessive amount of money that they would not normally make because they have made fans believe it is normal and acceptable.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there... a point that wasn't addressed in the response. What good is the disproportionate and obscene amounts of money Floyd makes, for example, if Joe Blow still gets paid relatively peanuts and is at the same risk of neglect medically-wise as his counterparts from back in the day (before PPV). Now..... if PPV money were divvied up to the point where some of it was going to some fund for the less fortunate boxers and former boxers, ok then we'd be talking. But no. All PPV does is make multi-millionaires of a handful, while totally ignoring the rest of boxing needs. I'm with you, @Master . PPV is evil.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But before ppv, promoters and TV companies were taking virtually all of the money, albeit a smaller pot.
    A. At least the fighters are getting better taken care of. And I don't just mean money. Medical care, safety, etc. and
    B. What can we do about it? The only thing is boycott them and turn your back on it. But what do you do? For example, You talk about Floyd more than anyone! This makes him relevant
    and although you may not buy his fights , the guy you are arguing with will! And other people will see the debate and think "I'm gonna have to watch this to see how it pans out!"
    You are right. I see it now. How could I be so blind? I made Floyd as big as he is and it was me that forced him out of retirement to fight that MMA fighter Colin Montgomerie.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are right. I see it now. How could I be so blind? I made Floyd as big as he is and it was me that forced him out of retirement to fight that MMA fighter Colin Montgomerie.
    Well you sure talked about him coming out of retirement enough. Times that by every other cabbage that did the same, and what have you got?
    That's right! An audience big enough to earn him over $100m .👋
    Of course, you could've all just ignored him.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'm against PPV and not afraid to say it. Why is it that the goalposts have been moved and now it's ok to charge money for what used to be free? How did boxers before PPV make their money? Why is it acceptable that boxers should make hundreds of millions of dollars (that's where we're headed) for a single fight? PPV is shit. It's a cancer that's only going to spread, as football and baseball and other mainstream sports are certainly eyeing it as a way for multi-millionaires to line their pockets with even MORE money. I know we must change with the times, but we get shafted and complain for awhile... then just accept it as business as usual. Haven't we all noticed that PPV is spreading to other fights that didn't used to be PPV-worthy? It's as plain as day. This is why when threads get started about how much money so-and-so made in his last fight, or how much he's made over his career, I just tune out. That kind of money is incomprehensible to most of us, so why does it matter? We're sheep, plain and simple.

The fighters and the people involved need PPV for enhanced revenue. By extension the talent, the fighters and trainers, get more. Before that they were being ripped off!!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information