Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  2

Poll: Who won?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who do you think won? GGG or Canelo?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you think won? GGG or Canelo?

Watched it again last night when i was a bit more clear headed, Golovkin definitely nicked it by a round or 2 but it was close. i can see a rematch really catching fire as Saturdays fight did in little spurts.
    Golovkin is a machine, absolutely granite chin and he just walks through anything, doesn't even bend at that knees and just stays on you.
    I'd like to see Canelo stand and trade which is what Golovkin said he refused to do.
    Maybe he felt Golovkins power and thought best to keep on the move, interesting that it was Canelo who seemed to start gassing first.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Watched it again last night when i was a bit more clear headed, Golovkin definitely nicked it by a round or 2 but it was close. i can see a rematch really catching fire as Saturdays fight did in little spurts.
    Golovkin is a machine, absolutely granite chin and he just walks through anything, doesn't even bend at that knees and just stays on you.
    I'd like to see Canelo stand and trade which is what Golovkin said he refused to do.
    Maybe he felt Golovkins power and thought best to keep on the move, interesting that it was Canelo who seemed to start gassing first.
    The flurries and eye catching punches came from Canelo but they were few and far between.

Canelo looked shattered mid way in the fight but got a second wind and nicked the last few rounds. If Canelo could have kept up the attacks he would have but is not his game. Only Joe Calzaghe can keep up with that level of punches.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Golovkin winning and winning well. He on the whole bossed the fight, dictated the pace at which they fought, and landed more punches in most of the rounds. Canelo couldnt keep pace with the old boy and fought it spots that were too short and too infrequent. I thought the 118 -110 card was obviously a joke, as were the HBO mob who completely ignored it and basically mugged off GGG at every opportunity especially that mug cunt Kellerman who's a prize prick.

I dont see the rematch happening unless Golovkin looks like dog shit in his next fight (December). Golovkin got out the traps slowly, he gave Canelo too much respect and didnt attack the body enough. He can change that if they do rematch and there's little save for sticking a horse shoe in his glove (still probably wouldnt make any difference) that Canelo can do about it.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take a look at the shock on his face at 116 when they say 118 to 110.......for Canelo

Last edited by Batman; 09-19-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Master;1447442]
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Only Joe Calzaghe can keep up with that level of punches.
    Calzaghe has never thrown a punch in his life! He'd swap slap for punch but probably hit the canvas at some stage, a shot Roy Jones dropped him with a forearm

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was coming back from abroad at the weekend and due to a few problems , didn't get the chance to see the fight till now . I gave a couple of 10-10 rounds early on , but I have to say I had it a 115-115 draw. GGG obviously was chasing Canelo down for most of the fight, but not particularly well. and Canelo spent most the fight moving round the ring because he was probably wary of GGG's power.
    I'm probably gonna get caned now, but I believe @brocktonblockbust does have a point. These guys are good solid fighters, but that's it! Neither is ever gonna be an ATG.
    GGG has lost his aura, Maybe because he's getting old or maybe because the step up in quality of opponents he's facing has exposed him a little. And Canelo just isn't a good enough quality Boxer or have enough stamina and conditioning to get up there. If Canelo fights the best opponents , he will not win every fight from now on in, that's for sure.
    Ward and Kovalev were so much better than these 2 guys and it makes the notion laughable that GGG might have beat Ward.
    When you throw Rigo, Loma , Crawford , Inoue and Spence into the mix and to be honest neither would get in my top 5 p4p at the moment.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I was coming back from abroad at the weekend and due to a few problems , didn't get the chance to see the fight till now . I gave a couple of 10-10 rounds early on , but I have to say I had it a 115-115 draw. GGG obviously was chasing Canelo down for most of the fight, but not particularly well. and Canelo spent most the fight moving round the ring because he was probably wary of GGG's power.
    I'm probably gonna get caned now, but I believe @brocktonblockbust does have a point. These guys are good solid fighters, but that's it! Neither is ever gonna be an ATG.
    GGG has lost his aura, Maybe because he's getting old or maybe because the step up in quality of opponents he's facing has exposed him a little. And Canelo just isn't a good enough quality Boxer or have enough stamina and conditioning to get up there. If Canelo fights the best opponents , he will not win every fight from now on in, that's for sure.
    Ward and Kovalev were so much better than these 2 guys and it makes the notion laughable that GGG might have beat Ward.
    When you throw Rigo, Loma , Crawford , Inoue and Spence into the mix and to be honest neither would get in my top 5 p4p at the moment.
    I mainly agree with you other than the score. Although I have admitted that a draw isn't a robbery. It's just a very fortunate outcome for Canelo.

GGG is slipping a bit and I don't think that he is the fighter he once was. He may not be top 5 anymore. Canelo has always been a solid fighter but he will never be a special fighter. GGG was there for the taking and Canelo just couldn't dictate the pace. He did go to the body well and counter punched well but he had to do it at GGG's pace.

Interestingly, I actually rate Canelo a bit higher after that fight than I did before because he showed some good things and showed that he could hang pretty well with someone on GGG's level.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I mainly agree with you other than the score. Although I have admitted that a draw isn't a robbery. It's just a very fortunate outcome for Canelo.

GGG is slipping a bit and I don't think that he is the fighter he once was. He may not be top 5 anymore. Canelo has always been a solid fighter but he will never be a special fighter. GGG was there for the taking and Canelo just couldn't dictate the pace. He did go to the body well and counter punched well but he had to do it at GGG's pace.

Interestingly, I actually rate Canelo a bit higher after that fight than I did before because he showed some good things and showed that he could hang pretty well with someone on GGG's level.
    Agreed, Canelo did better than survive and managed to hold his own. Very good effort. He has only lost to the best. No shame in that.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

Agreed, Canelo did better than survive and managed to hold his own. Very good effort. He has only lost to the best. No shame in that.
    Lost to the best...love it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo won and I was rooting for GGG. We all were rooting for GGG with the guys I was watching it with. Canelo won 7-5 easy. The GGG fan boys are still wearing their goggles or something. When someone sucks off someone so hard like the GGG fan boys do (worse than Pactards) it's hard to take any opinion from them because they actually remove the goggles in hopes some type of bodily fluid will land in there eye from GGG. GGG fans can't give an unbiased opinion.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RedLeatherMafia View Post
    Canelo won and I was rooting for GGG. We all were rooting for GGG with the guys I was watching it with. Canelo won 7-5 easy. The GGG fan boys are still wearing their goggles or something. When someone sucks off someone so hard like the GGG fan boys do (worse than Pactards) it's hard to take any opinion from them because they actually remove the goggles in hopes some type of bodily fluid will land in there eye from GGG. GGG fans can't give an unbiased opinion.
    Finito?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RedLeatherMafia View Post
    Who are these trolls popping up out of nowhere? Maybe they are all the same person trying to up the people who think Canelo won.

Thread Information