Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thurman/Guerrero & Broner/Molina...who wins and why?

Share/Bookmark
    LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Thurman/Guerrero & Broner/Molina...who wins and why?

This is interesting. should be a good fight. Thurman has shown weaknesses, as has guerrero. but i reckon thurman will pull through after a bit of a rough time at first. maybe even getting knocked down. UD for thurman in an ugly scrappy fight.

the overrated Broner will prob lose, but get another gift by the judges ( paulie beat his ass ). either way he'll feel it the next day!
    Broner hopefully will get ko'ed so no judges cant rob molina.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thurman/Guerrero & Broner/Molina...who wins and why?

I think that Thurman beats guerrero because guerrero tries to stand toe to toe too much and Thurman is too hard of a hitter for that to happen. Guerrero is a solid fighter but nothing special. I see it being competitive at first but Thurman coming on late and winning a comfortable UD.

I'm not sure about the broner fight. I think it depends which Molina shows up. If it's the one who fought against LM then I think he will win. I'm assuming it will be somewhat like the maidana fight. Broner will have his moments but molinas toughness will win it out at the end.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thurman and Broner should win, Guerrero can't be counted out.

Molina has a punchers chance but he got blitzed by Demarco, who Broner dominated for his only true world title.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"#1FightFan" please stop scoring fights, you don't know how.

Guerrero/Thurman is very interesting. It can be said Guerrero stands toe to toe too much. But Thurman can also be forced to fight on his back foot and isn't nearly as effective that way. So is it good or bad for Guerrero to go at Keith? I'm not entirely sure, will be fun to find out.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guerrero and Molina are a lot alike tough, hard nosed, scrappy, and tend to throw caution to the wind when they're adrenaline flows.
    Thurman is all about controlling the fight and picking his spots. Guerrero can be hit so I think Thurman wins a SD in a fight that neither guy has control of.
    Broner is in for another hard night but probably wins by SD too. Molina is pretty easy to hit so Broner's speed will be his big advantage.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Thurman will beat Guerrero on a UD and continue his upward curve. Hopefully he fights Khan after that.
    If Broner doesn't beat Molina , are we supposed to seriously believe that he is World Class at anything over 135lbs?
    Broner will win a wide points decision. Molina is tough , but his record isn't great. I watched the Mickey Bey fight and remember that he was the complete underdog and had lost every round until he pulled it out of the bag.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are clear "A" sides to both of these fights: Keith Thurman and Adrian Broner. They both win on Saturday.

I never rated Guerrero at welterweight. Is Kamagai his best win at 147 or is it Berto? Guerrero is a decent boxer but at lower weights his size helped him a lot. In his last fight, he looked slow and easy to hit. Thurman isn't as good on his back foot, but he's good enough to beat Guerrero. He also has the pop to freeze Guerrero in his tracks. He also needs a smashing performance after his last meh one. I like Thurman by big KO here.

Broner had difficulty in his last fight against Emmanuel Taylor and previously against Paulie Malignaggi, which leads me to believe he will have trouble with boxers. His only loss, on the other hand, is against an awkward slugger in Marcos Madaina. One of the underrated strengths of Broner is his heart and his chin. Maidana beat him up badly and he made it to the final bell (albeit he ran from the ring after the fight). Molina is slower than Maidana and not as crafty. He also seems to have taken a decent amount of punishment in his last few fights. This is a fight to make Broner look good and he'll fulfill the expectations.

While not super competitive in my eyes, these are good style match-ups for the first PBC show. In other words, fun viewing. Let's hope the winners face each other or face the winner of Garcia-Peterson next. Odds on that happening?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Thurman and Molina win the fights.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Guerrero has already started winding down and I don't see him as having much power at the weight and hes always been rather slow. So i think he was picked for a reason. This is a match for Thurman to make a statement but comparing his performance against a common opponent with Floyd. Guerrero will come out and try to show Thurman he plans to be there all night, so Thurman may not be trying to outgun him early as much as he will potshot him with combos, move and then tie up, if he needs to. Then tear into him later. Thurman has show he can be caught with looping overhand rights while hes feinting and posturing and Guerrero could catch him but i dont think hes got the power and is probably slow to pull the trigger after a few wars. It goes against the grain with what has been said so far, but I think Thurman will try to get him out of there. I think his corner or the ref steps despite guerreros protests anywhere between 6 and 9. (also wouldn't be surprised to see guerrero come in less than stellar shape --call it a hunch)

For broner, I think Molina has a decent shot at this if he comes in as big as he was for Matthysse, and has the right game plan which may be harder than we think... as him and his trainer have this on again off again kind of training relationship. He is expected to just be a punching bag thats soft around the middle, gets bedazzled with speed and gives up. But Broner also being susceptible to looping right hands when he's leaning straight back in the philly shell and left hooks when he's moving and closing the distance could be golden opportunity dropped in the lap for someone who throws hooks and cuffs like Molina. I'll say molina gets some work done early, Broner whines and complains and a combination of being handcuffed by the ref and gassing (im not sure he'll be in shape of his life either), lines molina up to become the punching bag later. At which point broner will start acting like a bigger @$$ because he just cant help himself.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guerrero and Molina have both been picked to put on a hell of a show but ultimately get overwhelmed.

However. If Guerrero can somehow keep Thurman going backwards he can easily outwork him. Thurman was garbage last time out against a guy I'd pick Guerrero to beat easily.

And Broner is an accident waiting to happen at 140. He spent the week before his last two fights in the sauna so he could make the weight. I'm guessing he hasn't been living a monastic lifestyle since last September so Molina might be able to get to him late, if he's still there.

I'm basically looking for an excuse to pick the upset victory in both of these fights. I don't like Broner and Thurman spent last time out going backwards against a Euro-level guy with 10 KOs in 30 fights.

Probably Thurman and Broner both do enough to get the wins but we could easily see them lose close fights and then get gifts from the judges. Just the thing to endear all the potential new fight fans watching on network TV to boxing.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who wins? The fans! TV friendly matchups, shouldn't be too much running in either fight. I'm rooting 4 da' underdogs- The Ghost & Molina.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you think they'll stop the fights earlier than they might normally on premium cable because it's on regular television?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Do you think they'll stop the fights earlier than they might normally on premium cable because it's on regular television?
    No way.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thurman by UD, I wouldn't be surprised by a late stoppage ref may have to save Guerrero from himself

Broner by UD or KO though he might have to get offf the canvas once or twice
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    There are clear "A" sides to both of these fights: Keith Thurman and Adrian Broner. They both win on Saturday.

I never rated Guerrero at welterweight. Is Kamagai his best win at 147 or is it Berto? Guerrero is a decent boxer but at lower weights his size helped him a lot. In his last fight, he looked slow and easy to hit. Thurman isn't as good on his back foot, but he's good enough to beat Guerrero. He also has the pop to freeze Guerrero in his tracks. He also needs a smashing performance after his last meh one. I like Thurman by big KO here.

Broner had difficulty in his last fight against Emmanuel Taylor and previously against Paulie Malignaggi, which leads me to believe he will have trouble with boxers. His only loss, on the other hand, is against an awkward slugger in Marcos Madaina. One of the underrated strengths of Broner is his heart and his chin. Maidana beat him up badly and he made it to the final bell (albeit he ran from the ring after the fight). Molina is slower than Maidana and not as crafty. He also seems to have taken a decent amount of punishment in his last few fights. This is a fight to make Broner look good and he'll fulfill the expectations.

While not super competitive in my eyes, these are good style match-ups for the first PBC show. In other words, fun viewing. Let's hope the winners face each other or face the winner of Garcia-Peterson next. Odds on that happening?
    I rewatched that fight like 2 days ago because it's fun haha

Broner actually hurt Maidana in the 11th and the 12th. He didn't come close to stopping him but Broner was getting stronger, not Maidana. Like you said, his heart and chin are strengths.

I think if he had taken the loss with dignity he would have won a lot of people over. I never liked the guy because people always compared him to Floyd, even though they fight nothing alike, but I respected how he fought that night.

Thread Information