Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lion trophy hunting imports into the UK: should they be banned?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lion trophy hunting imports into the UK: should they be banned?

The number of lions in Africa has decreased from over 200,000 to less than 15,000 within the past 50 years.

Most of the ‘trophies’ are male lions. This has a disastrous knock on effect, pride structures are disrupted, reproduction almost grinds to a halt as cub survival is severely affected, and mortality among females increases as they attempt to protect their cubs during encounters with more and more displaced males.

Australia, France and the Netherlands have already banned lion trophy imports.

For our British posters, here's a link to a petition.

Last edited by Freedom; 02-27-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lion trophy hunting imports into the UK: should they be banned?

I think every country should ban trophy hunting. It's antiquated, cruel and pointless.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think they should sponsor Jussie smollet to hunt all the lions he wants, gay black Jews have been oppressed for long enough, trophy hunting will help to create a safe space for them.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, ban them to the UK and every country. I don’t know how many we grab in the US but I would think it’s more than the UK. @Freedom how about Canada, is it legal in your country.

One of the worst bastards in Xi in China. After years of trying to get China to illegalise the use of all these endangered animals parts bastard Xi lifted the many bans saying the traditional medicine using these animals parts should be legal. I wrote a few days ago about those two bobcats in my backyard. Even put a little awe in you. They move so gracefully. The leopards, lions, cheetahs, mountain lions etc are a million times more majestic than a bobcat. It will be a truly terrible day in the world if we make any of these animals extinct. That trophy hunting is bullshit. The large fees collected are supposed to go to the large Africa reserves but it doesn’t.

On a side note I read up
    A bit on the bobcats since I saw those two and they mark and claim territory from 2 to seven miles and other bobcats are known to respect those areas. I don’t like the the goverment in the state I live but when I called the environmental department about the the bobcats they were very interested as they have been tagging many with gps trackers to see what areas they live in to give them better protection.

I was also reading that elephants are starting to evolve to where many are being born and growing up without ivory (no tusks) and scientist think it may because they somehow know the tusks are the things humans kill them for. I think it was in the economist mag but you can find it easy enough with a search.

Even these bobcats I saw have no natural predators and the things are only 30 to 40 pounds. It shows how tough and elusive they are. Now translate that to a fricking lion. Nothing fucks with them although one breed of buffalo (I think it’s the cape water)will fight them off and I think have killed a few rather than being dinner but since wild cats are at the top of the food chain it shows you the decline is caused but we humans

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dbm-P7jaa_c

Check out this video, I always find it amazing it only a couple minutes long. So we have gone from 450,000 to 50,000’in five years time and only have a few hundred Siberian tigers left. Africa is at least trying but so many African countries are shitholes with war and corruption they can’t do much but god bless those Africa rangers who patrol the areas protected for species. I’m not a violent dude anymore but I would like to see every poacher shot on sight and I love reading when a poacher is killed by a lion while the poacher hunts. So fuck China, they are one of the main causes for this shit and fuck the African warlords and corruption that keeps these areas from being safe for these beautiful creates. PS I used the word shithole as a trigger I don’t think all African countries are shitholes but I wish they would do more for the animals.
    Last edited by walrus; 02-28-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    @Freedom how about Canada, is it legal in your country.
    Canada is a disgrace when it comes to protecting declining species. Canada allows sport hunting of small birds like Woodcocks and Snipe, and rare mammals like Wolverines, Grizzlies and Mountain Lions.

Unlike Putin in Russia, our weak-minded leader Trudeau doesn't do anything to protect them.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It saddens me that people in this day and age kill for a trophy , i find it pathetic.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Canada is a disgrace when it comes to protecting declining species. Canada allows sport hunting of small birds like Woodcocks and Snipe, and rare mammals like Wolverines, Grizzlies and Mountain Lions.

Unlike Putin in Russia, our weak-minded leader Trudeau doesn't do anything to protect them.

Look at the smile on that hunters face. I wish he met that bear when he had no weapons on him. I’d like to slap that smirk off that hunters face. Yeah I’m a big man I just shot this beautiful beast

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Signed.

Here is another one seeking to overturn Trump allowing the import of trophies of endangered species that his sons hunt. Which I am sure you will be eager to sign

https://www.change.org/p/us-interior...es-from-africa
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Signed.

Here is another one seeking to overturn Trump allowing the import of trophies of endangered species that his sons hunt. Which I am sure you will be eager to sign

Signed.

It doesn't mention Trump and his sons. Why not keep your feelings toward white gentiles out of it? But you just can't - your hateful obsession controls you.

Most people who try to protect wildlife are white gentiles (David Attenborough, Rob Stewart, Jane Goodall, Diane Fossey, Birute Galdikas, Gerald Durrell, Margaret Murie, George Adamson, Paul Watson, etc).

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Signed.

Signed.

It doesn't mention Trump and his sons. Why not keep your feelings toward white gentiles out of it? But you just can't - your hateful obsession controls you.

Most people who try to protect wildlife are white gentiles (David Attenborough, Rob Stewart, Jane Goodall, Diane Fossey, Birute Galdikas, Gerald Durrell, Margaret Murie, George Adamson, Paul Watson, etc).

Ha! top marks for utter and deranged obsession, blatant bullshit and unhinged lunacy
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If someone could produce a video of Trump himself speaking on the issue of trophy hunting, this could be put to rest.

The reality seems to be that Trump, while apparently not a fan of trophy hunting, hasn't done quite enough to flat out ban the importing of big-game trophies into the U.S.

This shouldn't be one of those complicated, multi-sided issues. This should be a straightforward stroke of the pen, so he can continue with his other Presidential duties.

By not being clear and forceful on the subject, Trump leaves the whole thing up in the air and subject to interpretation and agendas.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    If someone could produce a video of Trump himself speaking on the issue of trophy hunting, this could be put to rest.

The reality seems to be that Trump, while apparently not a fan of trophy hunting, hasn't done quite enough to flat out ban the importing of big-game trophies into the U.S.

This shouldn't be one of those complicated, multi-sided issues. This should be a straightforward stroke of the pen, so he can continue with his other Presidential duties.

By not being clear and forceful on the subject, Trump leaves the whole thing up in the air and subject to interpretation and agendas.
    True.

That's a fair assessment, without the obsessive anti-White racism that is obvious in Beanz's posts.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look at the smile on that hunters face. I wish he met that bear when he had no weapons on him. I’d like to slap that smirk off that hunters face. Yeah I’m a big man I just shot this beautiful beast
    That bear was a white gentile, he has every right to smile.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well beanz can’t just join the conversation when several us Americans already expressed discuss about the whole thing. He just needs to jump in to stir shit up in his vindictive manner. The guy is incapable of being normal and reading what we are all saying just saw it as a good shot at trump Those of us he already despises. Did one of us say anything nasty about England letting this shit happen. I’m against it in all forms everywhere, doesn’t that say enough.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well beanz can’t just join the conversation when several us Americans already expressed discuss about the whole thing. He just needs to jump in to stir shit up in his vindictive manner. The guy is incapable of being normal and reading what we are all saying just saw it as a good shot at trump Those of us he already despises. Did one of us say anything nasty about England letting this shit happen. I’m against it in all forms everywhere, doesn’t that say enough.
    Walrus yah prick. Be honest for once. I mentioned Trump because he overturned the law Obama made against importing endangered animal trophies. The only vindictiveness has come from Freedom who had to mention Trudeau and has hard on for Putin before reverting to his obsession with Jews. Silence on that though from you, you feeble knob.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information