Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Matthysse has agreed to all but Garcia hedging

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    Typical dumping on American fighters, Chavez Jr is a huge star and he muscled them for the date, which was over 2 months away. The earliest this fight can happen is September 28th due to the Floyd fight and replay on showtime, so that's 2 months and 3 weeks. This fight will need over 2 million for the purse so Showtime will pick a good date to buy it. Now if Danny announces another opponent okay but the fact that Danny is being called a coward for a fight over 11 weeks from now shows the absolute hate people have for American boxers.

I don't care what nationality he is. This is bullshit period!

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have grown to really like Garcia. He arrived on the scene without a lot of hype. I still think it will be better for his career to fight and lose to Lucas than for him to dodge Lucas. I am sure there will be a lot of money on the table for these guys, hopefully that will bring this fight to pass. I am sure Garcia is aware that if he were to dodge this fight it would create much I'll will amongst his fans. Hopefully this is just the rumour mill and this fight is being planned. Not only would this fight not happening be bad for Danny I think it would be bad for boxing. All this cherry picking and dodging is not good for the sport. If Garcia does find some BS reason not to fight it will be interesting to hear Garcia's father's rants defending his son.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Typical dumping on American fighters, Chavez Jr is a huge star and he muscled them for the date, which was over 2 months away. The earliest this fight can happen is September 28th due to the Floyd fight and replay on showtime, so that's 2 months and 3 weeks. This fight will need over 2 million for the purse so Showtime will pick a good date to buy it. Now if Danny announces another opponent okay but the fact that Danny is being called a coward for a fight over 11 weeks from now shows the absolute hate people have for American boxers.

Bullshit. I like alot of American fighters. I generally call fighters on their merit as do many on here. But Danny isn't exactly coming out to the media saying he really wants this fight. All we can go on is what we hear, and rumours are about he's looking for a Judah rematch rather than fighting Matthysse. Lucas has agreed to everything, and Danny's usually vocal camp are not disputing this, so if he has gone AWOL, what is his reason?
    So what will you say if he agrees to the fight? Nothing no apologies for screaming duck, Danny does not have a cowardly past, he was expected to lose to Khan and he said he would take the Lucas-Peterson winner so until he takes another fight there is no duck, I made the same claims about the Floyd-Canelo Fight and Floyd got no credit for the fight Lampley said if it happens , I think Showtime will offer so much for the fight that Danny is looking for a Broner type payday and it will happen.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bullshit. I like alot of American fighters. I generally call fighters on their merit as do many on here. But Danny isn't exactly coming out to the media saying he really wants this fight. All we can go on is what we hear, and rumours are about he's looking for a Judah rematch rather than fighting Matthysse. Lucas has agreed to everything, and Danny's usually vocal camp are not disputing this, so if he has gone AWOL, what is his reason?
    So what will you say if he agrees to the fight? Nothing no apologies for screaming duck, Danny does not have a cowardly past, he was expected to lose to Khan and he said he would take the Lucas-Peterson winner so until he takes another fight there is no duck, I made the same claims about the Floyd-Canelo Fight and Floyd got no credit for the fight Lampley said if it happens , I think Showtime will offer so much for the fight that Danny is looking for a Broner type payday and it will happen.
    Big fan of both Lucas and Danny. Fun fighters to watch. Philadelphia vs. Argentina. What's not to like? If Danny chooses another fight, it's a duck job. There's no way around it. HOWEVER, until Danny chooses another fight, let's not jump to conclusions that he is ducking Matthysse. I'll tell you what though, fans were clamoring for this fight before Lucas faced Peterson and before Garcia faced Judah. This one has already been built up; it doesn't need anymore time to marinate. I'm hoping Danny signs, as it has FOTY written all over it, and I would NOT count Danny out, although it is hard not to favor Matthysse.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets not forget an old judah beat lucas and gave danny problems.

Lucas might be only able to beat a certain type of fighter.

Either way, danny must take this fight or the abuse he will receive will be completely justfied.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He didnt take a Khan rematch which was offered and took a Morales rematch instead for a lot less money. Thats a strange thing for a boxer to do? The fact is people have said what Danny would do long before the Judah fight and it just looks like its gonna happen. After Lucas and Danny win, Danny will step up in weight to avoid Lucas. Lucas has agreed to everything so what is Danny waiting for?

AN escape goat

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Lets not forget an old judah beat lucas and gave danny problems.

Lucas might be only able to beat a certain type of fighter.

Either way, danny must take this fight or the abuse he will receive will be completely justfied.
    I hear a lot of people put Judah down. Granted he is a bit long on the tooth but he is a slick boxer and he can box. Putting someone down because Judah gave them problems is selling Judah short. Granted my opinion may be biased as I am a big Judah fan.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't get away from Judah as a common opponent between them. I still think Mattysse pulled it out with Zab and actually boxed him very well. I do think there is something to Matthysse really putting hurt on and knocking Judah around in the last three while on the other side Judah had Garcia on the retreat and showed the best three round close he has in a number of years at a 'high' level.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judah is a slick fighter and showed what can be achieved at this stage in his career. Hes not to slept on.

Lucas imho beat an overated peterson that wasnt on his happy pills.

I want garcia to achieve greatness and to be the top dog at 140 but his hesitance and body language show a man that seems very reluctant to carry out the latter.

Garcia, grow sum nuts and start making everyone believe that you arent a one hit wonder!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know if Peterson was over rated he was what most thought, this is a guy who got hurt by Bradley so we knew he got knocked down easily, Peterson fought a stupid fight and he can be knocked down. Zab fought a brilliant fight and can take a beating, he is literally the perfect fighter vs a guy like Lucas. Haymon can make so much in one night that I'll say it happens.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll say credit to him for taking the fight. I, like plenty of people gave Floyd a load of credit for taking the Canelo fight because he has a guaranteed deal, he could fight bums if he wanted to but he chose to give the fans what they wanted.

Danny has no history of ducking because he hasn't actually fought any fighter of note in his prime bar Khan and that you could give him real credit for. His biggest challenge in the division is Lucas. Lucas has been his interim Champion for a while and he has put the fight off. Lucas agreed weeks ago and Danny's usual vocal camp has said nothing. I bet he ducks it.

This is not hatred of American fighters. In fact, on this forum, British & Puerta Rican fighters take way more shit than Americans so I think your comment screaming racism against American fighters is just idiotic.

And just to show this isn't hatred of Danny, I'll shoot down @Silkeyjoe point.

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    He didnt take a Khan rematch which was offered and took a Morales rematch instead for a lot less money.
    He was contractually obliged to take the Morales rematch, Erik had a rematch clause.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I stopped speculating whether or not a fighter is scared of so and so because it's ridiculous. Garcia is a young champion full of youthful energy and he's been fighting since he was a kid so to think that he's
    " scared " to fight someone is ludacrious.

Mythese is overrated and Garcia can certainly beat him. It's really a 50-50 fight.

Thread Information