Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyson makes a remark about Wilder.. WIlder fires back... James Toney backs Tyson

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson makes a remark about Wilder.. WIlder fires back... James Toney backs Tyson

Wilder responds " An a 3 year old that wants to quit can bite a ear off too right"

Toney to Wilder " Ur a damn clown! How u gonna disrespect a legend like @miketyson? He'd whoop u today like I would! Ur a fake! Come see me!"

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James toney worshipped mike tyson back in the day.

I dont know why these former heavyweights have to attack the new up and comer?!

Wilder is beating and ko whoever they pit in front of him..what is everyones problem.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson makes a remark about Wilder.. WIlder fires back... James Toney backs Tyson

Mike may have accomplished so much more at an early age but he also had more amatuer experience than WIlder did..

You look at Mike's ESPN highlights and youll see a bunch of long haired whiteboys and hippies we've never heard of..

Wilder has been talking alot lately though on fighthype.. This dude is acting like he scored an upset over Scott.. He says everybody expected him to lose to Scott but he proved them wrong..lol okayyyyyyy nobody fuckin gave Scott a chance so wtf is he talking about.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson makes a remark about Wilder.. WIlder fires back... James Toney backs Tyson

I think Tyson has earned the right to make any comments or thoughts about current fighters.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Mike may have accomplished so much more at an early age but he also had more amatuer experience than WIlder did..

You look at Mike's ESPN highlights and youll see a bunch of long haired whiteboys and hippies we've never heard of..

Wilder has been talking alot lately though on fighthype.. This dude is acting like he scored an upset over Scott.. He says everybody expected him to lose to Scott but he proved them wrong..lol okayyyyyyy nobody fuckin gave Scott a chance so wtf is he talking about.
    I gave Scott a chance and thought he could test Wilder.

However, by no means was I expecting Scott to win or dominate.

Tyson can say whatever he pleases, he always has.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson only said what any Boxing fan that knows $#!t from shinola is wondering about wilder...

This guy hasn't fought a live one yet...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mikes one hundred percent correct, also think he's right about Jennings being more exciting. The only thing Wilder should be saying is "thank you sir".

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder will only be fighting "live" oppponents from now on..

Its not his fault that he landed in this era..

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Mikes one hundred percent correct, also think he's right about Jennings being more exciting. The only thing Wilder should be saying is "thank you sir".
    True but that 3vtear old comment was unnecessary, no? Mike was taking jabs at him..

As an immature young fighter, I can see why wilder got a bit offended.. after all, he's still learning on thejob and dude is working hard..

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True but that 3vtear old comment was unnecessary, no? Mike was taking jabs at him..

As an immature young fighter, I can see why wilder got a bit offended.. after all, he's still learning on thejob and dude is working hard..
    Working hard but going no where.

I always thought Tyson and Toney did not get on?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Working hard but going no where.

I always thought Tyson and Toney did not get on?
    Its too early to say that and besides, Gbp has total control over his career cuz theyve been building him from ground up.. wilder has no say right now..

He wants to fight the winner of arreola-stiverne and jennings-perez so we have to wait and see if he's serious..

03 Toney beats Mike the quitter..

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed the Toney that destroyed Holyfield would have beaten Tyson who was a shell of the fighter he was.

I think you are being too generous on Wilder and blaming his promoters. He has gone at a snails pace for what reason? He has amateur experience, it must be because he is fragile and may have a weak chin.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Agreed the Toney that destroyed Holyfield would have beaten Tyson who was a shell of the fighter he was.

I think you are being too generous on Wilder and blaming his promoters. He has gone at a snails pace for what reason? He has amateur experience, it must be because he is fragile and may have a weak chin.
    Having a proper amount of amateur experience makes a world of difference as opposed to having a short one unless you are just one of a kind which wilder clearly isnt.. he doesnt have the foundation.. the guy barely learned how to throw a jab.. if Lennox lewis had to school him on a simple jab, theres something lacking there...

Chavez jr used to get babied too but he's now fighting the big guns.. wilder should get there shortly..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike fought a lot of guys earlier that may not have been world beaters, but when he fought guys at the ranked level and championship level, he was doing the same things he was doing to the lesser guys in the beginning. Mike was at a height and reach disadvantage for most of the guys he fought. He countered that with skill, speed and training. He wasn't winking, fixing his hair in the camera and giving shout outs before the opening bell because he had physical advantages over most of his opponents that allowed him to go out there and potshot guys with one-twos. He executed in the ring and then talked the garbage after the work was done. Wilder could have made a fight with a quality opponent and outclassed the guy on the way to a brutal knockout and tried to do it in a shorter time than mike with a similar caliber opponent and said something after. Instead he's squeaking from obscurity at the youngest heavyweight champ in history.

It's just another sign that Wilder is just another guy looking to cash in. He's not even proved himself yet but he's got his own promotional banner? He's looking to cash in then skip out to an early retirement and make money off the backs of other fighters. Tyson's been through just about everything there is to go through in boxing and saw every side of the business. I hate to say it but I expected a much more tragic ending for him long before now considering the road he was headed down. He's still around and speaking from a position of experience.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did some math.

Wilder's opponents' combined records:

426 Wins - 196 Losses - 19 Draws.

Percentage-wise:
    66.46 % Wins.
    30.58 % Losses.
    2.96 % Draws.

Over 5 years as a pro, this 28 year old undefeated fighter still has fought no one of consequence yet regarding World Class Boxing. He should've been in there with some Top 10 guys by now, someone that really gonna be fighting back.
    A fighter doesn't develop nor learn anything unless his management steps up the competition each time out. Are they scared to put him in there with a live one?
    It's over-protecting, and stagnating this fighter's development.

Thread Information