Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brook V Porter... Time is running out!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brook V Porter... Time is running out!

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Brooks is a quality fighter and I know he missed his opportunity for taking on Alexander but please do not let that get in the way of seeing that he is a very good technical fighter who can punch. I feel he will beat Porter with his straight efficient shots.
    He is excellent I just think Porters style wont suit him He is naturally more skillful but I dont think he has the power at world level to keep a guy like porter off him and question his stamina in the latter stages of fights. I think Porter will stop him late.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Wow. Can't see how anyone can say Porter is stalling. If I was Brooks manager I'd want nothing to do with Porter. The way he blew Devon and Paulie away I think he won't have much trouble doin the same to brook.

In other good news, Saunders upcoming fight is a final eliminator for Quillins title. I think that's potentially a very good fight. If Saunders can handle Quillins power (unlike Ndam) he has a great chance.
    Joe blow Saunders aint no match for QUilling, dude.. c'mon lol
    It would be much better than Quillin's last opponent.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brooks is a quality fighter and I know he missed his opportunity for taking on Alexander but please do not let that get in the way of seeing that he is a very good technical fighter who can punch. I feel he will beat Porter with his straight efficient shots.
    He is excellent I just think Porters style wont suit him He is naturally more skillful but I dont think he has the power at world level to keep a guy like porter off him and question his stamina in the latter stages of fights. I think Porter will stop him late.
    Respect your view but I think the exact opposite. Porter is wild and raw in comparison and will be picked apart.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Silkeyjoe - i have to agree. He had trouble with Carson Jones and I know Jones and Porter have different styles, but Jones stalks and swarms a bit too and Porter is bigger and stronger than Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35QXY5ZioYM" />https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35QXY5ZioYM" width="437" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" name="viddler" >

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    @Silkeyjoe - i have to agree. He had trouble with Carson Jones and I know Jones and Porter have different styles, but Jones stalks and swarms a bit too and Porter is bigger and stronger than Jones.
    And that seems to make him rather leery of the deep end of the pool. I think he likes the big fish in a small pond environment and if he can get his hands on a trinket via the easiest possible route short of exhuming a body he will bluff his way through to the end of his career and be satisfied with that.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Respect your view but I think the exact opposite. Porter is wild and raw in comparison and will be picked apart.
    And that is what is so puzzling to me and why I think Brook is weak in the noggin before ever having his chin checked. He has the tools to make this match up look easy but suffers from the same illness Alexander does. The mental part of this game is drastically understated. Tool are not enough.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be a terrific fight, total pick em to me. Whether it actually happens though, probably does come down to Brook. This guy has been a prospect since I've been watching boxing, he makes Wilder look like a guy on the fast track.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Porter stops Brook. I'm not even sure Brook will take the fight
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah never been impressed with brook at all, and dam just checked boxrec and he's been a pro for 10 years and the best name on his resume is lovemore ndou ? Carson jones made him thank god we don't live in a world of fifteen rounders anymore. jones is a solid pro but if you're struggling against him that doesnt bode well, I know he rematched and all...hell i wasnt that big on porter but his two past results are infinitely better than anything brook has done, porter mid to late ko if it comes off.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a fan of brook as he has everything, power, skill, defences, speed.

Wish he'd step up, if he had of stepped up a few years back he would be in the mix for a Floyd fight.

Not that that should be a boxers aim but he would be highly ranked like that.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest, I don't follow Brook at all. I'd rather see Porter fight Maidana.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyaries View Post
    I just watched porter's last fight. The man is powerful at that weight, but very crude and does not know what to do with his legs. Porter is effective is he's fighting people that act like static punchbags, not the hit fast and move type. Brook has speed, good footwork and power.

Porter has to get lucky to catch him in order to win.
    Devon Alexander is nothing like a static punchbag. He hasn't had a spoonfed career like Brook and has won a belt the hard way. He only ever lost to Bradley before he fought Porter and Porter beat him more impressively than Bradley did. If they ever do get in the ring Porter beats Brook like a gong and stops him or sparks him.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He fought like that against Paulie because he knew Paulie hasn't got power. He fought much more conservatively against Alexander and he would do against Brook. And Brook didn't have injury problems with the Alexander fight, he just bottled it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Kell Brook doesn't take this fight where does he go? The only other option for him is to wait and wait for a payday with Amir Khan and that ain't happening anytime soon.
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodneyaries View Post
    I just watched porter's last fight. The man is powerful at that weight, but very crude and does not know what to do with his legs. Porter is effective is he's fighting people that act like static punchbags, not the hit fast and move type. Brook has speed, good footwork and power.

Porter has to get lucky to catch him in order to win.
    Devon Alexander is nothing like a static punchbag. He hasn't had a spoonfed career like Brook and has won a belt the hard way. He only ever lost to Bradley before he fought Porter and Porter beat him more impressively than Bradley did. If they ever do get in the ring Porter beats Brook like a gong and stops him or sparks him.
    Yea odd post. Paulie is hardly the most static fighter either?

Thread Information